7 replies to this topic

#1 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

Why isn't it used? France got screwed today out of a 2nd goal against Korea. They were leading 1-0 when a kick was stopped by the Korean goalie. But replays showed the ball was over the line.

And of course nothing was done. Unbelievable.

And the game resulted in a 1-1 tie eventually. France has a legit beef.

Anyway, I don't understand why this hasn't come up. Unreal.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#2 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

Mostly because of purism and tradition and due to the fact that soccer is played in many poor countries and they would not be able to afford the technology needed since most leagues must be governed by the same rules of FIFA (with some exceptions) There is talk of a ball with a chip inside that would warn any time it crossed a goal line but again the money involved has not made that a reality.
If you follow soccer that goal not called is no surprise - off sides, hand balls and penalty shots called/not called are more common.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#3 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:10 PM

Ah. Interesting points Diablo. They really need to consider something that would detect that a ball crossed the line.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#4 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

The cheapest answer would be adding more linesman/refs ...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#5 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:56 PM

Soccer can't even afford a separate time keeper, goal judges are out of the question.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#6 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:44 AM

referee mistakes are a part of the game... You must go with it
It's sometimes boring, but it's human... it's a human fault.

Sometimes I'm for a "instant replay"... most of the time, i'm against a Elite soccer (All player in the world must have the same rule !)

Anyway... lucky for me, i'm not die hard french team fan (but this year, I like this time) Two games and two HUGE ref' mistake !

France can have 6 points and be qualified... and they are on the way to be eliminate quickly
(they don't deserve the 6 points... 4 at least... but some other team doesn't deserve to be qualify and they are - Portugal for example.. )

#7 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

Soccer can't even afford a separate time keeper, goal judges are out of the question.

LOL... nothing driv3e me crazier than stoppage time that seems to go until someone scores!!!
stoppage time is STUPID.. stop the clock for injuries.,. thats it!!! 90 minutes is 90 minutes.. not 91 or 93 or 94:36.
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#8 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

Red... You wanna kill Soccer :doh1: :P

The most craziest stuff in Soccer History was made during stoppage time...
It's part of this game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users