#21 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,384 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:58 PM

Funny Video moustic.

I am rooting for :puke: Spain :puke: over the French.

I know lots of people whose famillies have been here for several egnerations who consider themselves Italians/Germans/British/etc living in America more than they consider themselves Americans.

Petey. I don't buy that. Several generations? Whatever happened to assimiliation.

Anyone think the PK call for the Italians was lame?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#22 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:50 AM

Nope cause that defender should have never slide, if he would have stayed up on his feet he probably would have been fine and they would have went to overtime and thats coming from someone who really wants Italy to lose.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 27 June 2006 - 01:50 AM.

#23 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:33 AM

My problem there is he did not initiate ANY contact. He slid and the Italian dove over him......

I NEVER would have called that if I was refereeing.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#24 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

I'm French, born here and i'm root for Argentina (and I've no family there... no "real link")... what's the problem ?

It's only Soccer ! You can root for who you want... it's not a war or "Nation first" contest...

#25 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

Funny Video moustic.

I am rooting for :puke: Spain :puke: over the French.

I know lots of people whose famillies have been here for several egnerations who consider themselves Italians/Germans/British/etc living in America more than they consider themselves Americans.

Petey. I don't buy that. Several generations? Whatever happened to assimiliation.

Believe it Jimmy. Guy I went to college with, 4th generation from Portugal still speaks Portugese at home. Some people just don't want to assimilate.

Yes, the PK call was total crap. That ref should be ashamed. No, the defender probably should not have gone down but the ref should be watching what is going on and see that the Italian player set it up by "tripping" over him. It was a terrible way to end a game.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#26 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

I think the problem with soccer is what you're seeing with the officiating. It makes other sports seem sane.

They have made some really poor judgments which impacted games. This is supposed to be the biggest tournament in the world. It's ashame that they aren't letting the players decide these games more.

I think the game is fun to watch. But when you have calls impacting outcomes and players diving and staying on the field for long instances to waste time, it takes away from it.

I can only hope the quarterfinals will not go this way.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users