• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

5 years, f-i-v-e years. Wow. Thinking back to that fateful day when I asked Redrum if it would be ok to move the old network 54 crowd to a new forum, that I would be committing myself and others to being stewards of this website for such a length of time I might have balked.

We have seen a Stanley cup since then, witnessed several amazing moments and experienced failures together as a group of fans. People have come and gone as in all walks of life but they have been filled in by other newcomers who continue to come to this vibrant and intelligent community.

When I first started this place I used to refer to it as just a forum to my friends and family when they asked what the hell I was doing on my PC for such periods of time. They would just shake their heads and act as if I had voices in my head. As the years went on though, meeting many of you at games and even themselves reading the site they know why I dedicate so much time to this place. It simply is the best forum on the internet to discuss our Devils!

I want to thank all those of you who sign on everyday and contribute to this place and may we see many more years here at NJDevs.com

And thanks to Underdog, who provided the banner above. The wood symbolizes a fifth year anniversary gift. Fitting as we all are married to this site :)

#2 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:40 PM

Is the old network 54 board still laying around someplace so we can read all of the old posts? That would be lots of fun.
"Playing with him now, I have an even greater respect for him," center Joe Nieuwendyk said of Stevens. "He's a true captain. He's a leader."

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

yup, http://www.network54.com/Forum/56793/

#4 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

Ha, woodgrain banner for your Fifth! Nice touch.

Congrats on having this great board around for so long!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#5 langs15

langs15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:59 PM

Nice banner and congrats on the great accomplishment here!
"Langenbrunner is content to score big goals rather than put up big numbers."

#6 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:10 PM

Five... what's that, like, 40 in Internet years?

:hail:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#7 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:14 PM

Five... what's that, like, 40 in Internet years?

:hail:

No, it's just five.

#8 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:35 PM

w00t!

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#9 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

Five years!?! I have only been here a year but it seems like five. It is one of the best forums on the web and by far the best Devils forum. Great work DM & everyone else that contributes! Long live NJDevs!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#10 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

Congrats on the 5 years!!

This is a great hockey message board, thanks to all who make that possible

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#11 M.

M.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:52 PM

5 years!! Wow, how time flies when you're having obsessive fun.

Thanks for everything!
WORK SMARTER- NOT HARDER

#12 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

No, it's just five.

:glare:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#13 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

:glare:

:lol:

#14 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,551 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:58 PM

I actually have been here five years - it was a trip down memory lane to check out the old network54 board. Shame we lost some good posters along the way (olp and Stratobeck come to mind), but we've picked up quite a few as well.

You continue to run the best hockey board I've seen, DM - keep up the good work.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#15 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:58 PM

Congrats to DM - Red, all the posters who religiously log on to see whats up and to the ones who have fallen off .. :koolaid:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#16 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:08 PM

Congratulations!
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#17 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:14 PM

Many congratulations, and thank you for this public service....you provide such a great place for so many to come and........vent.

Keep up the good work.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#18 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:16 PM

Kind of scary I followed Red from the NJ online site and finally found this one. Who was the guy the guy who during the 2000 run that kept saying the Devils would never win a cup with Alex Mogilny? He was the good luck charm that year. I moved to the ESPN board after that and after the lock out I check that site out of couple of times and moved here full time.

So anyway thanks for making my work days go by and giving me the best hockey talk! :clap: :dance: :dance: :koolaid:

Edited by bostondevil11, 06 July 2006 - 09:40 PM.

#19 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:19 PM

And here I thought this was about Gionta or Gomez being locked up for 5 years. :(

I've only been here a little while, mostly lurking, but congrats.

#20 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:26 PM

Well done Brad
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia