63 replies to this topic

#21 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:31 PM

I can't believe it's been five years. It's even weirder for me to think that I've been on here for four of those years. I know when I first came here I had only been following the Devils for about a year so I wasn't exactly the most knowledgeable fan, but NJDevs was one of the things that helped me learn a lot about the team and hockey as a whole. It's been a great outlet to talk with passionate and intelligent hockey fans. Not just that either because this board has also allowed me to become close friends with a couple posters. A big thanks to DM and everyone else who has contributed to this site! :clap: Congrats on five years!
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:47 PM

I remember it well...

DM lured me over here shortly after this inception - I wonder if he knew what he was letting himself in for :unsure: thanks for a place to blabber.. :blahblah:

I'm here for the party

#23 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:04 AM

Congrats to DM, the staff, and the users who make this the best place to talk/read hockey. =)

#24 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:36 AM

Wow, 5 yrs. I too log on here first thing, everytime I get on the computer. It is the first place for Devils news. The community here has info & news first. (pretty much because most of us have no life :-) ).
Keep rockin' Brad. Congrats.
And I do remember those posts that the Devils would never win with Mogilny, but don't remember who it was.

#25 brodeurgirl30

brodeurgirl30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:20 AM

Congrats! :clap: I've been a Devils fan for years, but that only included watching games and pulling for them. I never really kept up with the draft, trades, etc. Since I have joined this board I have learned so much from so many cool people and that knowledge has made the sport and the team that I have always loved even that much more enjoyable to watch. Thanks for all you do DM and keep up the good work :koolaid:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brodeur's 2002 Olympic Gold Medal
The kisses on the back of Marty's mask
Travis Zajac

After Marty got so mad at his sons for throwing thunderstick packages onto the ice during a
Devils / Rangers game~
"I explained to them that by doing what they had done, they were basically acting like Rangers fans." ~Marty Brodeur - Beyond the Crease

#26 seashell

seashell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:37 AM

CONGRATS! I am very happy to be a new member of this board and It's the best board out there for smart, intelligent and relevent conversation about Hockey and most importantly for me...the DEVILS. He's to many many more! :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance:

#27 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:58 AM

I can't believe it has been 5 years either.... wow!

I do remember how desperate we were to leave that pit of despair called NJO....

And I also remember how difficult it was to even run a baor dback then.... the power of PHP, the Internet and a bunch of truly great posters and we have one of the best boards of any kind on the net.

Congrats to eveyone here.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#28 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:20 AM

As an infrequent poster but an every day reader, i just wanted to say thank you to everyone who brings the news to this site.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#29 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:32 AM

Thanks DM. PK and Crasher got me here. I was hanging around the old devilsnews for a while and PK gave me a swift kick and told me to get my ass over here. Good thing I listened.

#30 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

5 Years!!! :hail: Holy CRAP!!

DM as I have said Many times you took my dream and truly made it heaven for thise of us who endured the nightmares of NJO ( i posted there for like 6 years Scarey as it might seem!!)... the breakdowns of Netwrok 54 and that other site that we were on for about 5 minuted before it went bankrupt!!!

In all honesty i need to thank the guys over at the Flyer Fan Forum for convincing me to start my own board ( of course they only did it to get me of their board!!!), I hated NJO so much i had almost stopped posting there and was only posting at the flyer board!!! I realized I had to do something whne i got an email from olp congratulating me on the birth of my daughter, which i announced at the philly board NOT NJO.....

While I donot post as much as i did int he old days this place is ny home on the internet!! I consider many of you to be my family and I;m happy to see some of the posters coming back again like M.....

I just wish Madddog, Stardew, olp & Joe B would post more, they were a few of the origianls that made the jump th Net54 w/ me...

Anyway DM thanks again... And please ask for help whenever you need it becuase if you burnout this place might disappear and that would be tragic!!!

LONG LIVE NJdevs!!!

yup, http://www.network54.com/Forum/56793/

Dm maybe you can post a link to the old board somewhere on here??

Edited by redruM, 07 July 2006 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#31 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:51 AM

Happy Anniversary, Congrats

Edited by LucifersDog, 07 July 2006 - 10:53 AM.

#32 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

congrats.
I thought this board was around longer.. I dont know how long I have been here.. maybe 3 years?? but I just figured it had been here for years!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#33 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for a bit of relief during many long days and nights. I began with that NJonline board as well. What a relief when I heard about the 54 site. Time flies................
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#34 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

Thanks DM. PK and Crasher got me here. I was hanging around the old devilsnews for a while and PK gave me a swift kick and told me to get my ass over here. Good thing I listened.

When my Stevens schtick didn't go ovet too well here I was sure DM was going to ask me to leave!! But thatnks to Zammode red came around ... :lol: Posted Image
Eldon was occasionally at the MSG board with me before I found Devils news!!

I never found NJO if you had to log in or be member or any of that stuff I woudn't do it... until here :giggle: I was hyper paranoid internet user. NOW?
Posted Image

Edited by Pepperkorn, 07 July 2006 - 12:20 PM.

I'm here for the party

#35 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

Five years of Pepperkorn...wow.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#36 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

There was no sign up for the NJO. I didn't post much on there but read a lot of it. Before center ice (god I love CI) message boards were the only thing I really had to see how the devils were playing. Every year since I have become more fanatical.

#37 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:56 PM

Great way to get attention, PK. :uni:

#38 M.

M.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

Amazing when you think of it- we owe what we have here mostly to some frekish charachter named Isalander Sammy.

5 years here, time in 54, plus NJO- this counts as a long term relationship in my book.

(just a little Red spelling in honor of the topic)

Edited by M., 07 July 2006 - 01:11 PM.

WORK SMARTER- NOT HARDER

#39 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

Amazing when you think of it- we owe what we have here mostly to some frekish charachter named Isalander Sammy.
5 years here, time in 54, plus NJO- this counts as a long term relationship in my book.

(just a little Red spelling in honor of the topic)

Damn I ahd forgotten about Him..

Hey Sammy no relation to ISammy is there??
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#40 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

Congrats!!! I wish I had come over from devils rule sooner. great forums here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users