74 replies to this topic

#41 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

anyone else kind of think the world cup sucked? I mean i watched a ton of games, and a lot of it was just incredibly mindblowingly boring. Every team is under so much pressure and are just so scared of losing that no one takes any risks really. But at the same time i found it bizarrely compelling. Maybe just the fact that so many people take is sooooo seriously.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#42 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

I thought almost all of the games were rather boring, I don't think this years World Cup is going to help grow the sport of soccer here.

#43 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

It's nice to know the Americans outplayed the "World Cup Champs", and with only 9 men.

Would you still quote the World Cup Champs if France would have won?

Doubt it.

Almost like Italy was playing for kicks. Well, in the end it worked out okay for them. :)
That was an awesome celebration. Ceremony was great. Good stuff! Congrats to Italy on winning the World Cup!!!!! :clap: :clap:
Excellent observation Diablo. Very spot on. I was pulling for France to win partly because of that close to the vest strategy. Play to win. You're up a man and they're sitting back. Why?

You think Italy was playing for PK's, givent their illustrious history in PK's in the World Cup???

Maybe it was also France going for it all because they knew they would struggle in PK's because of their own goaltender.

I do not like the PK's at all, either way. But it is what it is.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#44 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

Barthez does not have problems with PK's, he is quite good at stopping a ball. Italy took 5 great penalties. His problems usually arise from positioning and crosses. He played rather well in the tourney. But Buffon was by far the best keeper in the tournament.

Italy was extremely boring to watch. France played a much more up tempo game.

It's still nice to know the US putplayed the "World Cup Champs" with only 9 men.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds, 10 July 2006 - 08:34 PM.

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#45 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:37 AM

I think it depends on the games you watched, I found brazil, Portugal & France and all the Afican teams to be very entertaining. I also enjoyed the Eng games, but probably just becuase I know most of the players and I'm a huge rooney fan.. kept waiting for him to break out... have to wait for 2010!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#46 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:09 AM

(...) I'm a huge rooney fan.. kept waiting for him to break out... have to wait for 2010!!!

If you ask the portugese player on the ground... Rooney break some stuff :P

(but I agree with you on this player... he's 100% british... crazy head full of talent !)
I really like this kind of player (physical & technic as hell) Rooney, Tevez...

A great player with a bulldog inside :dance:

#47 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:50 AM

If you ask the portugese player on the ground... Rooney break some stuff :P

(but I agree with you on this player... he's 100% british... crazy head full of talent !)
I really like this kind of player (physical & technic as hell) Rooney, Tevez...

A great player with a bulldog inside :dance:

Exactly!!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#48 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:53 AM

apparently the italy guy told zidane "you're the son of a terrorist whore"...

http://news.bbc.co.u...006/5169342.stm

at least that is what a deaf lip reader expert hired by the BBC could make out...lol!

apparently zidane's mother has been quite sick...i can see where anyone would snap...i see nothing wrong with fighting in soccer, they should just make it a 5 minute penalty.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#49 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

#50 Elias 2662

Elias 2662

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

Lol where are you finding all these?
"If you're not first, you're last" - Reese Bobby (might as well have been said by Lou Lamoriello)

#51 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:30 PM

Classic!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#52 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

It's really ashame whatever was said by Marco Materazzi which made Zidane angry enough to commit such an awful act.

The speculation is rampant. Only two people know the truth.

I am still glad Zidane won best player. He truly was.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#53 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:24 AM

Italian players are very very "borderline" with their political view... it's a fact
When you see this :

Posted Image

Not the message but the little logo on the right... Celtic Cross... The new symbol of Nazi
When you read message about the ex-minister of Berlusconi "this is the victory of real italian from calabre, sicile etc etc against black, muslim & communisme "...

Something is sick in this country !
(And I love Italia... and he still believe they deserved their victory as a Team)

#54 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:39 AM

bigger angle:

http://www.youtube.c...0...ted&search=

#55 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:03 AM

Moustic that last 1 was great, I'm assuming thats where all these lip readers claim they know what Mazz said....
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#56 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:05 AM

If You wanna heard something really incredible... take this..
The FIFA law (Number 55 of the dicipline book) say that if there is a proof that Materrazi use Racist language, Italia can be Disqualified... and lose his World Cup !

It can be a REAL CHAOS...

To be honest, I doesn't want to see Italia lose this cup... but a law is a law !
(In the same Ethic point of view, Zidane will maybe lose his Best Player of the World Cup Title... )

#57 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

It's really ashame whatever was said by Marco Materazzi which made Zidane angry enough to commit such an awful act.

If an Italia player did this, would it still be a shame???

I HIGHLY doubt that....you and others would be screaming of the outrage and making fun of that player for his idiotic action....

You know what? If something bad was said to Zidane, that is unfortunate....but join the club.....SO many times that happenes in pro sports....fans ripped David Wells in Cleveland, saying bad things about his mother who died...did you see David Wells go head-butt the fans?

No.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#58 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

Materazzi

#59 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

Materazzi

Good to see that France fans are taking this loss in stride :lol:

(But hey, I dont blame them) :D

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#60 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

YIKES ! that guy is an animal... good think he plays for my beloved Inter !
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users