#1 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:48 PM

http://sports.yahoo....ov=ap&type=lgns

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Devils forward Sergei Brylin had surgery on his broken right wrist Thursday and is expected to be sidelined two-to-three months.

He most likely will miss the rest of the regular season and the first month of the playoffs.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello characterized the injury as a severe break and said doctors placed a pin in the wrist.

Brylin was injured in the first period of Wednesday night's 4-1 victory over Washington. He was hit along the boards by teammate Colin White and the Capitals' Steve Konowalchuk.

Brylin, a nine-year veteran, has 11 goals in 51 games

#2 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:56 PM

:evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry:

That's the worst the news could have been.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:00 PM

This sucks, time for Berglund or another rookie to step it up.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#4 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

If his wrist is so badly broken that it needed a pin how could the break not have shown up on xrays last night? Early reports showed no break but were going to check it again today... boy this sucks.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#5 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,883 posts

Poor Sarge.

He played with bum knees for so long and the had very painful ACL surgery.

Now he's had wrist sugery. Very painful also.

The timing is terrible, since he'll be unlikley to come back in time this year.

Best Wishes to him.

We've never won a cup without him! :saddevil:
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#6 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:02 PM

The reason the break didn't show up last night was because of all the swelling. I know - I've been through that.
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com

#7 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:03 PM

You knew something had to go wrong.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#8 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:04 PM

sh!tty news to be sure. when is gionta scheduled to come back? now i wouldn't be surprised to see Lou make some sort of move. Macechern makes a lot more sense now. I would be surprised to see Lou allow a lineup of Gionta, Rupp, Bicek, and Berglund all at the same time. More experience will be coming from somewhere soon. And I don't think it's gonna be Steve Kariya.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#9 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:04 PM

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

This is really tough.

If anyone can get through it though, we all know it's Sarge.

It's time for Berglund to step up. Now is the time to see what this kid is really made of, and if he can make it in the NHL.

Get well soon Sarge!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:05 PM

I would like to Steve Kariya play though.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#11 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:06 PM

Unfortunately Dr he is not an nhl calibre player, and probably never will be.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#12 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:08 PM

wahhhhh...Sarge is my fave Devil & anyway why couldn't it have been PANDO!!!!
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#13 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:10 PM

Unfortunately we have never been so lucky as to have that happen.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#14 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:13 PM

Pando's been good... #19, however...

Anyway, it's terrible to lose him, but if we get him back this season, it probably means we made it to the ECF, which is never a bad thing!!

He'll be back just when we need him most.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:16 PM

I think Kariya should be given one game. I remember him playing great for the Canucks in his rookie season.

#16 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:16 PM

*sigh*

Does this remind anyone else of when Gomer broke his hand after Holik hit him?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#17 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:17 PM

rd. thought the same EXACT thing last night. white is a bull in a china shop

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#18 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:18 PM

That's exactly what it reminded me of RD...

One word: WAH!!!!!!!!!!

Godspeed, Sergei. We miss you already.
Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#19 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:32 PM

Yes, it did. But 3 bodies against 1 is never a good thing.

#20 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:41 PM

I thought that our own team inflicted injuries were a thing of the past when Holik left!
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users