44 replies to this topic

#21 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:44 PM

I think Im not going have any favorite players...

My fave dev use to be holik... [gomer]...
It become whitey after holik left... [brylin]...
maybe if i pick carpenter again, MacLean will get injured?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#22 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:47 PM

LOL. I had a good laugh about the Carpenter joke.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#23 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:52 PM

Although I feel bad for Brylin because he's a good soldier and a hard-working player, we are definitely deep enough for this injury not to affect us. If this was Elias, then I'd be concerned. Tough loss, though. Rather have him than not have him.

#24 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:58 PM

Although I feel bad for Brylin because he's a good soldier and a hard-working player, we are definitely deep enough for this injury not to affect us. If this was Elias, then I'd be concerned. Tough loss, though. Rather have him than not have him.

Exactly on point JD.

Though I too wish it weren't him.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#25 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 03:14 PM

PHAQ !

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,031 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 03:56 PM

Jd, I agree...and if it's 2-3 months, I'd bet on the 2 for Brylin, which would mean coming back very very early in the playoffs :)

In a perverse way I suppose it's good for Gionta at least, he'll have to play now.

My new lines:

Gomer-Elias-Bicek
Friesen-Niewy-Langer
Pando-Madden-Turner
Bergy/Mac-Rupp-Gionta (so much for my masher fourth line, though there's still some size there. I guess now it'll be a feisty line).

Guolla as the healthy scratch.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:00 PM

The reason the break didn't show up last night was because of all the swelling. I know - I've been through that.

His wrist would be more swollen today!!!! A break is a break... and I know of what I speak. I part of my job is reading xrays for broken bones!
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#28 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:04 PM

Going back to the whole Steve Kariya thing for a second -- he may see time in one or two games, but that's about it. In no way can he fill in for Brylin; no one can. I still think Berglund will either develop into a great offensive player with a slight defensive liability, or he'll become like Brylin in that he can be thrown into any line and do his job well enough to contribute.

Here's hoping Sergei gets well soon... and here's hoping the rest of the team steps up in his absence.

And like it was said before, I could definitely see a deal for McEachern happening in the near future. Who knows, with the recent deals in the league, we could possibly land him for Guolla and a 5th round pick.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,493 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:05 PM

2 to 3 months.. I hope it's closer to 2, Brylin's an integral part of this team .. it'd be great if he could be back for the playoff opener.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#30 Blackjack

Blackjack

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:13 PM

:evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry:

#31 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:35 PM

Tough break for Brylin, but he's always seemed to be a fast healer. My guess is he's back for the playoffs.

For all you saying Berglund is a defensive liability, well defense is probably one of the easiest aspects of the game to learn. What it comes with is disclipline to detail and experience. If Berglund gets the ice time, his defensive game will come around. He's got a good enough head for the game and is a hard enough worker to round out his game. All he needs is the ice time.

#32 Diablo

Diablo

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:40 PM

rd. thought the same EXACT thing last night. white is a bull in a china shop

Guess you didn't see the game. The fact that white is or is not "a bull in a china shop" has nothing to do with how the injury occured. It was just a freak thing that occationally happens when 4 players going to the boards with a bit of steam behind them.

#33 Diablo

Diablo

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:43 PM

Ok after reading a good number of the ridiculous posts in this thread I realise why I stopped visiting this site on a regular basis. You guys are nuts.

#34 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:48 PM

diablo- go watch the game. i watched it and had it tivo'd and saw the play several times. WHITE SLAMS HIS WRIST. Yes it was a freak thing as a player was riding Colin up the side boards and Brylin was coming down the other way. But it absolutely was White that put the hit on Sergei.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#35 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:00 PM

Thanks diablo. Right back atch'ya. If you're so much above us, then don't let us hold you back.

Hey, I can't speak for everyone, but I sure as hell won't miss you if that's the case.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#36 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:05 PM

Ditto your thoughts, RD..........

Figures when after a slow start this season, the last few weeks have been an offensive breakout and something like this happens to a key guy. Things like this can really throw a wrench in the long term plan but the team is a team, not based on one, although he will be missed. Still confident that things will continue to go well for the team.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:07 PM

Fortunately, we have enough depth right now to cover for him. Hopefully, he will be back before the Conference finals, he is the type of player who excells in the playoffs.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 JHofSec234

JHofSec234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:12 PM

:evilcry: It just figures, the one time I can watch the team is the night Sarge gets hurt.

Lets just keep the flow positive and hope he heals fast.

I knew things were going too well!! #%$!@#%!

#39 GetReal

GetReal

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 06:10 PM

Devils had two more great games. Marty and Schwab are playing terrific. Team in general is playing awesome.

Brylin will be a big loss for 2-3 months. He brings a lot of hustle to the team. But they have depth to fill in until playoffs when he comes back. It was an on ice accident IMO. I can't blame White or anyone.
NJ Devils are the CHAMPIONS & Nets Be Proud..Thanks to both NJ Teams for 2002/2003

"Bring Them On" sure George, your arrogant "my way or the highway" policies and remarks pissed the Iragi off more... 32 unnecessary US military deaths so far since G. W.'s remarks and dozens are wounded. It continues daily. Thanks Goerge. There are now 10-25 attacks against US soldiers daily.

Smart mouth, arrogant Bush, his kids are safe.

The BUCK never stops at BUSH if it's bad, he finds someone to take the blame for him, ie: Tenet's mea cupa.

Impeach G. W., the Iraq war was built on his lies...... lies........lies.

Do Not Re-Elect a Son of a Bush. Impeach him instead.

#40 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 07:48 PM

Terrible. Sarge will be missed but I think the team can endure. We have the players to step in and fill his very large shoes until he returns which based on his track record should be sooner rather then later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users