32 replies to this topic

#21 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

Damn, Rowdy goes back nearly three years to give credit where credit is due! :hail:

EDIT: :rant:

Edited by sammyk, 28 July 2006 - 10:04 PM.

This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#22 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

They had a man by the end of last season too. And they don't skate...that at least should be a pre-requisite.

They had a MAN?!?! Good thing I missed that!

Damn, Rowdy goes back nearly three years to give credit where credit is due! :hail:

EDIT: :rant:

Sammied again! :lol:

All I did was put "jailbait" into the search engine and let it do all the work. :dance:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#23 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

All I did was put "jailbait" into the search engine and let it do all the work. :dance:

Maybe so but you made the effort!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#24 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:58 PM

Pink ladies jerseys. :puke:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#25 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

I'd have to actually see the jersey. I saw a pink Philthy one that Lauren Hart wore while she sang the anthem. It didn't look too bad. Would I buy or wear one? More than likely no..
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#26 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:12 AM

I wouldn't buy a pink one. If I bought a ladies jersey, I'd want it to actually look like what my team wears. Though I would definitely consider buying one of the normal looking jerseys like ThreeStars posted, if only they had a Devils one.
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,822 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:10 AM

Rowdy I think I called the girls "like 12 or something" at the arena, which may be why sammy beat me to the post

as for the pink jerseys... bllleeeeeeccchhhhh
But I still have to laugh every time I see a Pink Manning jersey in a store (either one)... it kinda seems fitting for THAT family... come to think of it... the pink Pennington fits with his femine throwing arm :evil:

am I breaking some kinda rule hijacking through NFL rants instead of wrestling ones ???

If so, well at least Bret Hart looked cool in pink !!! B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#28 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:23 AM

According to this article about it, at least the one for the Leafs will have the logo:

http://www.thestar.c...l=1044442957278

They seem to think the research shows a whole market for these things among the existing fan base. Of course, these are probably the same people who thought adding the shootout would raise the ratings in the US because the casual sports fan in America can't stand ties and that's what's been keeping them from watching...and we all saw how well that worked.

I'm not sure how this is really different than the third jersey as a marketing ploy, of course, the team won't take the ice in it (although, in some cases, how funny would that be?). I guess I'm jaded about this kind of thing because I am a fan of a team whose GM refuses to have a third jersey because he says it's just a way to soak your fans for more money. In this case, you know what? If it sells, it brings in more revenue, which, in some small way, raises the Cap level for all teams. If it doesn't, it was just another failed marketing ploy. Would I be caught dead in one of these things? No. But I have a regular NJ jersey. The colors look better on me than pink. As for the form-fitting ones, I just don't care one way or another. I like the one I've got. It's comfortable.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#29 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:27 AM

I dunno 3 I would dig seing a hottie in one of those no matter what team the supported...

Needs to be a cutoff though.

mmmmm belly ...
Posted Image

... I saw a pink Philthy one that Lauren Hart wore while she sang the anthem. It didn't look too bad....

I figure it's just a more fitting color for the FlyHERS, so it looks better than the NHL one. :noclue:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#30 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:56 AM

I'd have to actually see the jersey. I saw a pink Philthy one that Lauren Hart wore while she sang the anthem. It didn't look too bad. Would I buy or wear one? More than likely no..

That one did actually looked good except for the Logo :puke:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#31 brodeurgirl30

brodeurgirl30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

NJ Ladies Jersey

SO what do you think of this one?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brodeur's 2002 Olympic Gold Medal
The kisses on the back of Marty's mask
Travis Zajac

After Marty got so mad at his sons for throwing thunderstick packages onto the ice during a
Devils / Rangers game~
"I explained to them that by doing what they had done, they were basically acting like Rangers fans." ~Marty Brodeur - Beyond the Crease

#32 Parise Rules 9

Parise Rules 9

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

i would never wear a pink jersey, that would just COMPLETELY ruin the jersey! I also have a pink Devils hat that I wear because somebody got it for me, and its nice, but I do take a lot of crap for it...I'm told it ruins the whole Devils logo. I wouldn't consider it being 'insulting' to create the pink jerseys...maybe for a little girl to have her first Devils jersey small and pink would be cute, but no way in hell am I ditching my red, black, and white to throw on a pink jersey...I BLEED RED BLACK AND WHITE
[b][color="#FF0000"]
[font="Comic Sans Ms"][center]

#33 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

If so, well at least Bret Hart looked cool in pink !!! B )

And he was the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! :koolaid:
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users