11 replies to this topic

#1 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:58 AM

I read everywhere that he is a monster etc etc...
I didn't want to know if he's ready to go with the Big Boy... just to know more about this kid.

How really good is he ?
What kind of player can he be compare ? (this is useless but just to know)

"Better", any video ?

Thanks !

#2 Belizarius

Belizarius

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:41 AM

Youngest player in the AHL last season, still managed to finish among the leading scorer in Albany. Plays a little like Daniel Alfredsson it seems.
High energy player, great skating, good playmaker and scorer... well, a great draft pick. :)
Diable Noir

Posted Image

#3 Parise Rules 9

Parise Rules 9

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:02 PM

Yeah I've heard he's awesome...I'm hoping to see him get some NHL action this year

“We've got other guys to score. But if we need energy and we need a spark and we need to get physical, then there's a need for me.”
“You've got to go out there and bang those guys. They get frustrated. That's our job every game, but against a team like that you've got to play physical.”

-Cam Janssen-

Posted Image

“I knew the team was counting on me to take it to the next step. I had to elevate my game. And I know I did that.”

“It's fun. I'm enjoying every minute of playing with them. I know I have to be at the top of my game every night - I don't want to be the weak link.”

--ZachParise--

#4 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:55 AM

Alot like "Alfredsson" is music to my ears. Hope he develops soon.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#5 Jake

Jake

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

here's a clip of him last year in shoot out during an exhibition game with the devils.

Edited by Jake, 23 August 2006 - 03:37 PM.

Mooseknuckles Hockey For Life.

#6 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:09 AM

I'd like to see him given a shot.
Even if it's only for 5-10 games.
But if he's readylet him play

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#7 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

I'd like to see him given a shot.
Even if it's only for 5-10 games.
But if he's readylet him play

I saw Bergfors play a couple times for Albany last year and he was head and shoulders better than everyone else on his team. He is very exciting to watch and put on the right line he could be a rookie of the year canidate as a 19 year old.

#8 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:23 AM

Did anyone else see him play in Albany? If people really feel that he stood out as better than a lot of his competition, then maybe he's ready to make the jump. Not having seen him play and just looking at his stats, I think he could probably use another year in Lowell. Then he can win the Calder when the Devils win the Cup in their first year in Newark. :whistling: :evil:

You don't want to bring him up just to play on the 4th line, so he needs to be a legitimate 2nd line right wing, otherwise he's better off in Lowell. Elias-Brylin-Bergfors is an intriguing line if he can hack it...
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#9 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:40 AM

Yes he stood out on the team, but I wouldn't necessarily he stands out against other teams...and he could definitely use at least another year in the minors.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

there is truth there.... standing out on the river rats tended to be like finding a 5 dollar bill amongst a mountain of fresh ripe and ready horse dung on a summer day!!!

Hell Parise and Pascal Rheaume stood out head and shoulders in their time in Albany too and look now......

Not that I don't want the kid to be fantastic, but a level head is needed when rating this kid as "ready"
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#11 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

there is truth there.... standing out on the river rats tended to be like finding a 5 dollar bill amongst a mountain of fresh ripe and ready horse dung on a summer day!!!

Hell Parise and Pascal Rheaume stood out head and shoulders in their time in Albany too and look now......

Not that I don't want the kid to be fantastic, but a level head is needed when rating this kid as "ready"

Bergfors > Parise

Put on a line with Gomez and Elias he'd score 35 goals as a rookie.

#12 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:37 PM

Bergfors > Parise

Put on a line with Gomez and Elias he'd score 35 goals as a rookie.

Yeah...but he'd also get knocked down by the first defenseman he saw...he needs to mature in more ways than just his game.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users