56 replies to this topic

#21 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

Hmm...So far I've had luck with refurbished electronics...ok why not...

That's what my 60 inch big screen TV is. Got it at BestBuy for $2000 while I was there 3 people looked at it. Got it two years ago and have had no problems with it.

Edited by sandman441, 15 August 2006 - 09:33 PM.

#22 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

What brand is it?

One of my computers and my 19" flatscreen are both refurbished. No problems so far. I'm thinking of getting another flat screen and mounting them on the wall side by side.

---

Petey, the $59 option extends it up to 2 years, doesn't add 2 years. Still not too bad. I wonder if they have accidental damage coverage available.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#23 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:22 PM

OK, I did it. When it turns out to be crap I shall blame Petey. :evil:

#24 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:46 AM

What brand is it?

Mitsubishi apparently what happened is that it blew a speaker and they fixed and the guy didn't want it luckily I was going to show my nephew the TV we were going to get and saw this thing and it was like $500 more and a good 20 inches bigger so I think it was worth it.

Edited by sandman441, 16 August 2006 - 12:47 AM.

#25 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:52 AM

That's cool. I have a Mitsubishi too. Only 55" though and it cost me a little more new than you paid but it has given me five years of great service and survived an 1800 mile move w/o its mirrors, lenses, or whatever needing adjustment.

#26 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:51 AM

That's cool. I have a Mitsubishi too. Only 55" though and it cost me a little more new than you paid but it has given me five years of great service and survived an 1800 mile move w/o its mirrors, lenses, or whatever needing adjustment.

Yeah it's alot better than the Toshiba we had. It kept breaking and everytime it broke it cost $300 to fix. That's one of the reasons why I won't buy a Toshiba product anymore.

#27 twistedwrister

twistedwrister

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:57 PM

Yeah it's alot better than the Toshiba we had. It kept breaking and everytime it broke it cost $300 to fix. That's one of the reasons why I won't buy a Toshiba product anymore.

I have a toshiba laptop, and a toshiba TV because i got good deals on both, generally when it comes to electronics i am a Sony person, hopefully my toshiba stuff holds up, so far i like them both a lot and haven't had any problems.

#28 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

I have a toshiba laptop, and a toshiba TV because i got good deals on both, generally when it comes to electronics i am a Sony person, hopefully my toshiba stuff holds up, so far i like them both a lot and haven't had any problems.

I've had a Toshiba TV and 3 toshiba dvd players. The TV and two of the DVD players broke so I might not have good luck with that company. The other DVD player that didn't break was really good it was one of the first ones to come out and I used it up until 2 or 3 years ago and it worked fine.

Edited by sandman441, 16 August 2006 - 05:55 PM.

#29 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:13 PM

I've had a Toshiba TV and 3 toshiba dvd players. The TV and two of the DVD players broke so I might not have good luck with that company. The other DVD player that didn't break was really good it was one of the first ones to come out and I used it up until 2 or 3 years ago and it worked fine.

I had 2 Toshibia dvd players, 1 died on me in about 6 months and the other one is still working but I will never buy anything from them again.

I have a 60GB Apple Video Ipod and I am in love with the thing. I have about 7,000 songs on it and thats not even half of the memory used up.

#30 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:34 PM

So my refurbished 2GB Nano arrived. Looks and works great as expected. Too bad the wires are white while the Nano is black. Not sure if that is how it normally is. I don't really care though.

However, the nimrods at Apple shipped the extended warranty I ordered separately and it requires an "in person" signature. The Nano itself they left at the door. :doh1:

Now to find some cool accessories. B )

#31 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:05 PM

Mine should get here saturday or monday. I'm actually happy because it was supposed to get here next month. I am still kicking myself for not ordering it the day before because they had I think 4 in stock and the next day they were all gone.

#32 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

B )
Posted Image
You’ll never miss a song even in the bathroom with Atech’s “iLounge hybrid toilet paper dispenser/iPod dock”. The iLounge supports all iPod models that have a dock connector and has an integrated USB slot for the Shuffle. Speakers are hidden in the dispensers arms with navigation buttons located conveniently on top for easy access.

---

And for the ladies:

Posted Image
If listening to your favorite songs isn’t enough, a UK company has created a music activated vibrator for the iPod.

:o

#33 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

B )
Posted Image
You’ll never miss a song even in the bathroom with Atech’s “iLounge hybrid toilet paper dispenser/iPod dock”. The iLounge supports all iPod models that have a dock connector and has an integrated USB slot for the Shuffle. Speakers are hidden in the dispensers arms with navigation buttons located conveniently on top for easy access.

---

And for the ladies:

Posted Image
If listening to your favorite songs isn’t enough, a UK company has created a music activated vibrator for the iPod.

:o

:rofl: :hail:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#34 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:47 AM

Everybody loves chocolate
Posted Image

RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.

#35 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:46 PM

I don't like dark chocolate. Too bitter for me!

#36 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:55 PM

I don't like dark chocolate. Too bitter for me!

Dark taste great with Guinness

#37 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

Guinness I like but I'd rather not eat chocolate with beer.

#38 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

I was a little bit bummed because I thought I was going to get my MP3 player Monday but instead I got it today so I'm pretty happy. The only think I didn't like about it was the scroll thing was a bit tempermental but I put it on low and it's fine now. This is probably the easiest time I have ever had installing a MP3 player. All of the other ones I tried I've had nothing but problems so I'm also happy about that.

#39 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

Easiness was why I went with the iPod. I used to support another brand and it was a pain outside of just playing songs. Too much 3rd Party software involved for my liking. When my Dad got iPods for his granddaughters I was able to give them a test drive and it was so easy to setup and add songs. I just wasn't ready to take the plunge but when Petey brought up the refurbished units I couldn't resist.

#40 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

Easiness was why I went with the iPod. I used to support another brand and it was a pain outside of just playing songs. Too much 3rd Party software involved for my liking. When my Dad got iPods for his granddaughters I was able to give them a test drive and it was so easy to setup and add songs. I just wasn't ready to take the plunge but when Petey brought up the refurbished units I couldn't resist.

Yeah that's why I didn't like Ipods. My brother and one of his friends bought one and to get it to connect I had to put something about 2 inches tall underneath so it would connect. Then trying to put in songs was easy but everytime I did I got a error with the last time it wanted me to delete all the songs so I did which was a mistake because I couldn't put anything on there I kept getting a error. Then my nephew got a nano for christmas which wasn't bad but if I kept it plugged in and then restart my computer my mouse wouldn't work. But everything else was easy but the shuffle is a piece of crap and that put me off of the Ipods for good. I got tired of messing around with Ipod I got really mad the first day he had it I was supposed to put songs on it and it didn't read it and I finally got songs on it and I told him not to bring it back. He did a few months later because he tried to put songs on it on another computer and couldn't. I said screw it and bought him a different MP3 player. Even that one I had a problem with because the software didn't load I finally let windows load the software for it instead of the disk and had no problems. I think I just have bad luck with them and I was actually pretty happy with how easy it was and I had no errors with it. the scroll wheel was a bit tempermental but it's not anymore so that's good but overall I happy with it and I'm just charging it up right now. I might buy another battery for it I think it lasts 15 hours so if I get two I can make it last for 30 hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users