mp3 players

PeteyNice

That's cool. I have a Mitsubishi too. Only 55" though and it cost me a little more new than you paid but it has given me five years of great service and survived an 1800 mile move w/o its mirrors, lenses, or whatever needing adjustment.

Yeah it's alot better than the Toshiba we had. It kept breaking and everytime it broke it cost $300 to fix. That's one of the reasons why I won't buy a Toshiba product anymore.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's alot better than the Toshiba we had. It kept breaking and everytime it broke it cost $300 to fix. That's one of the reasons why I won't buy a Toshiba product anymore.

I have a toshiba laptop, and a toshiba TV because i got good deals on both, generally when it comes to electronics i am a Sony person, hopefully my toshiba stuff holds up, so far i like them both a lot and haven't had any problems.

I have a toshiba laptop, and a toshiba TV because i got good deals on both, generally when it comes to electronics i am a Sony person, hopefully my toshiba stuff holds up, so far i like them both a lot and haven't had any problems.

I've had a Toshiba TV and 3 toshiba dvd players. The TV and two of the DVD players broke so I might not have good luck with that company. The other DVD player that didn't break was really good it was one of the first ones to come out and I used it up until 2 or 3 years ago and it worked fine.

Edited by sandman441

I've had a Toshiba TV and 3 toshiba dvd players. The TV and two of the DVD players broke so I might not have good luck with that company. The other DVD player that didn't break was really good it was one of the first ones to come out and I used it up until 2 or 3 years ago and it worked fine.

I had 2 Toshibia dvd players, 1 died on me in about 6 months and the other one is still working but I will never buy anything from them again.

I have a 60GB Apple Video Ipod and I am in love with the thing. I have about 7,000 songs on it and thats not even half of the memory used up.

So my refurbished 2GB Nano arrived. Looks and works great as expected. Too bad the wires are white while the Nano is black. Not sure if that is how it normally is. I don't really care though.

However, the nimrods at Apple shipped the extended warranty I ordered separately and it requires an "in person" signature. The Nano itself they left at the door. :doh1:

Now to find some cool accessories. B )

I was a little bit bummed because I thought I was going to get my MP3 player Monday but instead I got it today so I'm pretty happy. The only think I didn't like about it was the scroll thing was a bit tempermental but I put it on low and it's fine now. This is probably the easiest time I have ever had installing a MP3 player. All of the other ones I tried I've had nothing but problems so I'm also happy about that.

Easiness was why I went with the iPod. I used to support another brand and it was a pain outside of just playing songs. Too much 3rd Party software involved for my liking. When my Dad got iPods for his granddaughters I was able to give them a test drive and it was so easy to setup and add songs. I just wasn't ready to take the plunge but when Petey brought up the refurbished units I couldn't resist.

Easiness was why I went with the iPod. I used to support another brand and it was a pain outside of just playing songs. Too much 3rd Party software involved for my liking. When my Dad got iPods for his granddaughters I was able to give them a test drive and it was so easy to setup and add songs. I just wasn't ready to take the plunge but when Petey brought up the refurbished units I couldn't resist.

Yeah that's why I didn't like Ipods. My brother and one of his friends bought one and to get it to connect I had to put something about 2 inches tall underneath so it would connect. Then trying to put in songs was easy but everytime I did I got a error with the last time it wanted me to delete all the songs so I did which was a mistake because I couldn't put anything on there I kept getting a error. Then my nephew got a nano for christmas which wasn't bad but if I kept it plugged in and then restart my computer my mouse wouldn't work. But everything else was easy but the shuffle is a piece of crap and that put me off of the Ipods for good. I got tired of messing around with Ipod I got really mad the first day he had it I was supposed to put songs on it and it didn't read it and I finally got songs on it and I told him not to bring it back. He did a few months later because he tried to put songs on it on another computer and couldn't. I said screw it and bought him a different MP3 player. Even that one I had a problem with because the software didn't load I finally let windows load the software for it instead of the disk and had no problems. I think I just have bad luck with them and I was actually pretty happy with how easy it was and I had no errors with it. the scroll wheel was a bit tempermental but it's not anymore so that's good but overall I happy with it and I'm just charging it up right now. I might buy another battery for it I think it lasts 15 hours so if I get two I can make it last for 30 hours.

The VZ Choc I got my wife is purdy esy to use too.

Even the external speaker sounds ok to listen to music

ipo ear buds. Only thing is if you want to store a lot of

music you need the 2 gig card.

I had a 128 mb card that should hold 60-70 songs on it.

My sister has an ipob w/the bose dock

it sounds real good.

i've had a sony mp3 player thingy, for a year and i love it, but i've basically filled it up. so i'm going to get a 60 gig ipod. but i was wondering from people who have an ipod doesn't it have to sync or something?

i remeber my friend saying something like all the music on your ipod has to be on your computer as well? or some such?

i've had a sony mp3 player thingy, for a year and i love it, but i've basically filled it up. so i'm going to get a 60 gig ipod. but i was wondering from people who have an ipod doesn't it have to sync or something?

i remeber my friend saying something like all the music on your ipod has to be on your computer as well? or some such?

once it goes through its first sync....basically you add whatever songs on your computer into the itunes 'library' from there it will sync and put all that onto the ipod...you can then go to ipod options and turn off the auto-sync (there after you'll have to manually drag and drop any new songs or vids from your itunes library into the ipod)....after that if you want to put a song on your ipod it has to be IN the itunes library but after it's on the ipod you can completely delete it from your comp in all reality....but if something messes up and you have to re-sync your ipod you'll no longer have access to those deleted files....anyway I have a 30gb iPod video and I love it!!...the first thing you'll want to worry about with ANY iPod is getting a case for it...protect that screen!!!! :)

Edited by UnderDogX

I found out the hard way about the auto-sync.

I went back to Nova Scotia and hooked up the iPod to my brother's Linux box. I added about 150 songs from his library onto my iPod. When I got home I threw the iPod into its dock and *woops* there goes my 150 songs. The auto-sync found 150 songs on the iPod which were not on the computer, so *poof* there they go. I had to get some shareware app that could recover the songs off the iPod drive (undelete), but I lost all of the id tags. Needless to say, I have since turned the auto-sync off.

I hated the auto-sync from Day 1, so I turned it off. Actually, my sister's the one who hated it (she got her iPod long before I got mine... I never thought I'd have one but I saw how much she loved hers and the rest was history), so I just followed in her footsteps.

So I bought this doohickey:

10018_49_2.jpg

I thought it would turn out to be a cheap quaity item. Turns out it's pretty sturdy and heavy. They do seem to use a cheap looking plastic but it's not horrible, maybe it's just the shiny finish they were trying to give it. The only complaint is that I wish they had more back support for the iPod as the nano is very flimsy and one wrong move (as I reach for my phone in the middle of the night) and it could crack if pushed backwards. Otherwise I think it's great. Alarm is good, regular radio works well. Sound is better than a clock radio so even if it sucks compared to a stereo I don't care.

I've got a stupid question.

Okay, I have a "Greenpeace: Rainbow Warriors" album here with "It's the End of the World as We Know It". I also have "Document", the R.E.M. album featuring that song. I don't want to put the song on the iPod twice and waste space. But I *DO* want the song to appear under both albums. I considered making every album a playlist, but that be a full time job from now to Christmas.