35 replies to this topic

#1 anthony

anthony

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:14 PM

My first nhl game was when I was 9 years old i think, Devils vs sens, Devils won 3-1 :D

what was urs??

#2 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

My first nhl game was when I was 9 years old i think, Devils vs sens, Devils won 3-1 biggrin.gif

what was urs??

So that was like last year then Outburn?

'91 I think. Devils beat the Whalers 3-2, or 4-2.

Edited by StormJosh, 02 September 2006 - 07:12 PM.

#3 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:28 PM

Nov 05, Sabres vs Leafs.....Sabres won, but I didn't really cheer for either side. And someone whacked me on the head while trying to hi-five over my head....I had a bad headache for the rest of the night.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#4 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

My first game was a 2-2 tie between the Blackhawks and the Devils when I was 5 years old back in 92 or 93. Been hooked ever since.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#5 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

Halloween 1993. Devils vs Rangers at the Halifax Metro Centre. On the glass, blue line, Devils end.

My brother and I were two Devils fans surrounded by Rangers fans to left, to the right and behind us. We chatted it up, shared popcorn, and they invited us out to a bar afterwards (had to decline, by brother was only 17). Couldn't understand why Devils fans hated Ranger fans... they seemed pretty cool. Once I got on the internet I found that NOVA SCOTIAN Ranger fans are cool... most others, not.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#6 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,288 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

1993 Devils vs Capitals, they won 6-3. Chris Terreri was in goal and thus became my favorite player. I was about 9, was amazing.

edit: 3rd row seats 1 and 2, tix were somewhat affordable then =) I dont think I have ever sat that close since

Edited by squishyx, 02 September 2006 - 05:47 PM.

#7 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:44 PM

My first ever NHL game was when I was 19. It was the Stanley cup finals vs Dallas. I knew the Devils were going to win the cup after beating the flyers and I knew they were going to lose game 5 in Jersey so if we would have stayed and extra 2 or 3 days we would have seen them win the cup which would have been cool. It was still pretty cool though because I got to go to the devils hotel I only saw I think it was pandolfo when going to see Scott's mom I think it was but it was still cool. The only bad thing is that we had downstairs passes but they weren't letting anybody down there. Some of the devil players did come up and I saw Mckay, Gomez, Brodeur, Stevens I think that's it. I hung around our little group of Gomez and his parents, my brother some of our friends, Mike Peluso and Randy Mckay. I did get screwed out of getting better tickets because Lou gave Peluso some really good tickets in the lower bowl and he got something that let him go into the owners box which is where he went and give the tickets to my brother. Well he took his girlfriend which kind of made me a bit mad because she was a whore but other than that it was good I got free tickets so I can't really complain.

#8 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

I cannot remember my first game but I saw th Colorado Rockies beat the Ranger$ 4-1 in 1977 0r 1978.

My dad split seaon tickets for the Failyers in that 3rd upper ring row at the old Spectrum. I used to root for whoever played Philly.
Saw some great Islander and Canadian teams. Wish I could have appreciated it more.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#9 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:58 PM

10/12/1996.... it was really my first "real" date too... Against the Dallas Stars... i had seats on the glass and it was a blast... Unfortunately the Devils got smashed by the Stars 4-2; but I got a kiss out of it, not bad! :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#10 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:54 PM

My first game was 1979 or 80. It was Islanders at Whalers. Gee who won that one do you think?

I'm here for the party

#11 anthony

anthony

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

So that was like last year then Outburn?

Outburn?

#12 brodeurgirl30

brodeurgirl30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

It was '92 or '93. The Rangers and the Penguins played an exhibition game at the Greensboro Coliseum and my church youth group went. I was really excited because I had only seen the ECHL Greensboro Monarchs play and the NHL when it came on TV. I don't know why they did that, though. The Hurricanes didn't start playing there until the fall of '97.... :noclue:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brodeur's 2002 Olympic Gold Medal
The kisses on the back of Marty's mask
Travis Zajac

After Marty got so mad at his sons for throwing thunderstick packages onto the ice during a
Devils / Rangers game~
"I explained to them that by doing what they had done, they were basically acting like Rangers fans." ~Marty Brodeur - Beyond the Crease

#13 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:08 AM

February 2007 :pray:

#14 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:16 AM

Dating myself a tad here... Rangers - California Golden Seals; don't know the year but I'd guess around 75 give or take a year
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#15 ludvig29

ludvig29

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

December 20th, 1986 (I still have the ticket stub) - Devils vs. Habs at the Montreal Forum.

Devils lost 5-2, the highlight was waiting outside the visitors dressing room after and getting my Devils media guide autographed by the Devs - I remember getting Kirk Muller, Greg Adams, Mel Bridgeman, Aaron Broten, Craig Wolanin, Joe Cirella, John MacLean, Pat Verbeek, Doug Sulliman, Claude Loiselle, Peter McNab and Anders Carlsson.

Ahhhhhhh, those were the days!

#16 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:12 AM

First game I went to was in 91 against the Pens but I don't really remember it. The first game that I remember was Game 4 against Pittsburgh in 93. Devils were down 3-0 but won the game 4-1. I've been a fan ever since.

#17 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:14 AM

First game I went to was in 91 against the Pens but I don't really remember it. The first game that I remember was Game 4 against Pittsburgh in 93. Devils were down 3-0 but won the game 4-1. I've been a fan ever since.

I want that Devil voodoo power!!! Down 3-0 to win 4-1!

I know you meant the series, but it sounds cool :)

Edited by aylbert, 03 September 2006 - 10:15 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#18 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

Devils-Sabres back in 1996. The only thing I really remember is the Sabres old blue & golds.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#19 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

Dating myself a tad here... Rangers - California Golden Seals; don't know the year but I'd guess around 75 give or take a year

Funny my first game was Rangers-California Golden Seals, although more around 1970. B )

Edited by Rock, 03 September 2006 - 11:22 AM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#20 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

i think it was february '03, over winter break. I think it was against the Senators, and the Devils lost that game. I then went a couple days later to a game against the Bruins.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users