14 replies to this topic

#1 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:43 PM

Tickets go on sale 9/16. Just wondering who else is planning on coming, and do we want to sit together?
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 drummerpuck

drummerpuck

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Tickets go on sale 9/16. Just wondering who else is planning on coming, and do we want to sit together?

I will be coming up from Austin by myself. I would love to get great tickets and sit with a group - let me know.
[center][b]All I Really Need to Know

#3 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

If the Cowboys had a home game that weekend I was sooooo there.... ah well :noclue:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#4 FlyerCub

FlyerCub

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:50 PM

Psst...there's a presale going on now that allows you to get tickets early. I used it to get tickets for the Flyers trip out there in March. The presale code is the last name of the Stars player wearing #9. :)
We may not share a favorite team, but we can agree on one - no, make that two - things: We hate the Rangers and Islanders!

#5 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:57 PM

Count me in and I'm coming up from Austin too!!

It would be cool to sit together. How will we pull that off? I guess one person has to buy all the tix? We better coordinate this fast.

If the Cowboys had a home game that weekend I was sooooo there.... ah well :noclue:

So you'd only come if there was football? Where has your hockey loyalty gone!? <_<

Edited by sammyk, 08 September 2006 - 11:58 PM.

This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#6 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

So you'd only come if there was football? Where has your hockey loyalty gone!? <_<

Being that I no longer have free lodgings in the Dallas-area, a trip to see a Devils road game in an arena I've been to about 20-25 times, just seemed suboptimal without further reason to go there as opposed to cities I have not yet invaded (like Boston or maybe Toronto, etc)... it's all about the best of options when you want to plan 1-2 road trips in a season!! B )

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#7 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

Seeing the Devils should be reason enough!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#8 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

I've seen the Devils in Dallas.... twice :P

time to invade new cities B )

#9 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:54 AM

I don't mind being the coordinator for tickets as long as I can get a firm count. The seats in the top tier are still good seats as far as seeing the ice. I'd definitely be willing to go that route, and we can plan to meet at one of the entrances.
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com

#10 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

A STARS/DEVILS GAME... ahhh! I will be sure to make that one.
Wait, I don't think I can, darn it!

#11 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

And see Drew lay on his back more then Turco??? :o

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#12 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

And see Drew lay on his back more then Turco??? :o

LOCB, that was priceless :rofl:

#13 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

I don't mind being the coordinator for tickets as long as I can get a firm count. The seats in the top tier are still good seats as far as seeing the ice. I'd definitely be willing to go that route, and we can plan to meet at one of the entrances.

Sounds like a good idea Nieuwy, me and my better half are planning on going up with Sammy and one of his pals, so there'd be four of us coming up from Austin, I like sections 308-309, but those tix are $69 a shot, which is no problem for me, because it'll be the only time I get to see the Devils in real life all season, besides, the Devils are worth it, I've been to quite a few Stars games, vs Det, Col etc and I like that section the best, It's a great arena.

#14 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

Okay, so we have Drummerpuck, Sammy & friend, NZT & wife, seems like I'm missing someone - anyone else?

Are the $69 tickets okay with everyone? Let me know ASAP so I can order them tomorrow.

#15 TK

TK

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

Nevermind, can't make it...

Edited by TK, 12 September 2006 - 10:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users