11 replies to this topic

#1 Gomer23

Gomer23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:50 PM

1. If Parise plays with Gomer & Gio on the 1st line the whole year, 20+G, and 60+Pts., Book it. He was all over the place, his speed/puckhandling looks much more fluid and comfortable, almost on par with GIO's now.

2. Greene looked good, moved the puck well, and skated very well, IMO, which is all Lou really cares about, he is smallish, but, hey, who on the team isn't?

3. Zajac has a VERY good shot to make this team, and play 2nd line time, too. He looks better defensively than Zach did last year, and is bigger & faster, too. If put on a line with offense (Patrik&Jamie), I can reasonably see 13-17G, and 30-45A from him as a ROOK. Or, he could play 4th line time & struggle with offensively inept players like Larry did to Parise last year.

4. Wish I woulda seen Corrente tonite, but here's hoping they'll be there with Elias on Sunday, I'm in the third row Beeyotches!

#2 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

Get it right.....Elias is the first line and the Gomer Gio line is second :D kidding...but not really....

seriously though, I've yet to see any of these games but from what I gather it's going to be a pretty good defensive battle between some players to make a spot on the team....and I'm really glad to hear Zajac could already make it, that would be great...we really need to infuse this team with some young talent....I've also heard people say Zajac could start on the third line with Madden out but that'd be a mistake too...we always have Dowd (now) to fill that spot...then Rupp centering the fourth....anywho, I hope some young guys make the roster this year....get three lines of scoring would be nice for a change :)
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#3 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

Like I aid millions of times Zajac is a Rod Brind`Amour clone.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#4 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

Like I aid millions of times Zajac is a Rod Brind`Amour clone.

Come on Jason, Zajac isn't that ugly :P

#5 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

You are the 4th person who said that to me when I use that example. Look for Zajac to play some PK and 2nd line this year with the Devils. As of right now I have narrowed my team to the following for opening night.

Parise - Gomez - Gionta
Elias - Zajac - Langenbrunner
Pandolfo - Madden/Rupp - Tallackson
Rasmussen/Janssen - Rupp - Marshall

White - Martin
Lukowich - Rafalski
Lachance - Hale
Oduya

Brodeur
Doyle (Has outplayed even Marty)
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#6 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

Doyle won't be on the team, he will be better off being the starter for a year in Lowell than sitting on the bench playing around 15 games as Marty's backup because that's what Scott is for.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 21 September 2006 - 10:17 PM.

#7 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

Besides, Doyle was a AHL rookie last year. Let's be reasonable here.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

If Madden is hurt, the Devils are going to stick with Brylin.

Marshall is probably gone.

Oduya as a 1st year North American pro cannot be the 7th defender. The Devils will probably go with 22 players.

Lukowich will probably be traded as well.

Clemmensen will be the backup.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#9 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:55 AM

1. If Parise plays with Gomer & Gio on the 1st line the whole year, 20+G, and 60+Pts., Book it. He was all over the place, his speed/puckhandling looks much more fluid and comfortable, almost on par with GIO's now.

2. Greene looked good, moved the puck well, and skated very well, IMO, which is all Lou really cares about, he is smallish, but, hey, who on the team isn't?

3. Zajac has a VERY good shot to make this team, and play 2nd line time, too. He looks better defensively than Zach did last year, and is bigger & faster, too. If put on a line with offense (Patrik&Jamie), I can reasonably see 13-17G, and 30-45A from him as a ROOK. Or, he could play 4th line time & struggle with offensively inept players like Larry did to Parise last year.

4. Wish I woulda seen Corrente tonite, but here's hoping they'll be there with Elias on Sunday, I'm in the third row Beeyotches!

I agree with you though I didnt get to watch the whole game
we had family at the game and spent tooooo much
time talkin :rant: on the concourse

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#10 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:07 AM

I am going to have to say this many times I see....

Oduya is making the team as a starter. Watch him play and you see a slightly slower Scott Niedermayer...

I'll go out on a limb and say he's our #1 D-man by the end of the year.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

#11 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

I am going to have to say this many times I see....

Oduya is making the team as a starter. Watch him play and you see a slightly slower Scott Niedermayer...

I'll go out on a limb and say he's our #1 D-man by the end of the year.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but from the limited amount I've seen and heard, I can definitely see him on the second or third pairing all year. Something like:

White - Martin
Lukowich - Rafalski
Hale - Oduya
Lachance

With Matvichuk coming in for Lukowich when he gets healthy. Look for a d-man (Lukowich) to possibly be traded at that point.

EDIT: And I'm still not sure why the Caps never signed this guy. He would have been one of their best defensemen last year. They had Witt (until he was traded), Eminger, and Morrisson, followed by the largest collection of #7/AHL defensemen the world has ever seen.

Edited by mddevsfan, 22 September 2006 - 11:21 AM.

"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#12 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

Ok... so I was a year prematures and my "#1 D-man" reference was a little exaggerated.... and so what that his skills faded away last year only to return a year later!

He made my post come true... what a gaol!
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users