Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:45 PM

A Brush of Hope
http://www.newjersey.../gp10122006.php
Nearly 100 Canadian celebrities, including former Devils’ defenseman Scott Stevens, are participating in A Brush of Hope, to help raise money for Canadians with kidney disease. Each participating celebrity will create a painting which will be auctioned over Ebay between November 2-12, 2006. The paintings will be on display October 11-13 and November 10 in Stevens’hometown of Kitchener, Ont.

Kidney disease is a life-threatening condition that affects almost two million Canadians. Since 1964, more than $73 million in research has been raised by the foundation that provides people with kidney disease access to better therapies and expanded treatment options. The Kidney Foundation of Canada is the national volunteer organization committed to reducing the burden of kidney disease through funding and stimulating innovative research; providing education and support; promoting access to high quality healthcare; and increasing public awareness and commitment to advancing kidney health and organ donation. For more information about The Kidney Foundation of Canada, visit www.kidney.on.ca.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#2 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

What no pictures?

#3 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:35 PM

What no pictures?

They should have pictures, given that they're currently hanging in Kitchener. I wonder what Stevens will paint? Abstract? Probably not. Given his Rambo bow hunting styles, and his love of cottage life, I bet you he tries to be a sloppy amateur Robert Bateman doe and bucks in the forest kind of thing. I also bet you he has Bateman prints hanging on his walls, like 99.9% of all Canadian cottages.
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

#4 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

i want a painting by scott stevens BADLY
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#5 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

I have a feeling someone on this board will outbid you if try to win it.. any guesses who???
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#6 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

Nah she'll only bid on a self portrait--nude. :giggle:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#7 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:55 PM

Nah she'll only bid on a self portrait--nude. :giggle:

How do we know it isn't??
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#8 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

damm -- I just bought a watercolor -- it's called Cellar Door. I love it... it wasn't too expensive -- it's just so neat - but anyhow -- it shot my artwork budget all to sh!t so no Stevens paintings for me :(

Stevens proabably uses acrylics :yucky: I dont like them so much - too easy to kind of cheat and get all heavy handed with :giggle: I use water color -- guache actually - you can layer it like oils but it's opaque watercolor... Olivia the pig is guache and charcoal... a lot of childrens' illustration books are I think - probably why I like the medium :evil:

Scotty Stevens... a freaking artist too... he so sucks -- :argh:

If it's a portrait of his dogs ... well <_< That would just be icing on the cake :P

I'm here for the party

#9 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:06 PM

Anybody see that car dealership commercial that Stevens is in? he's like..."I'm here for the party"
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

damm -- I just bought a watercolor -- it's called Cellar Door. I love it... it wasn't too expensive -- it's just so neat - but anyhow -- it shot my artwork budget all to sh!t so no Stevens paintings for me :(

Stevens proabably uses acrylics :yucky: I dont like them so much - too easy to kind of cheat and get all heavy handed with :giggle: I use water color -- guache actually - you can layer it like oils but it's opaque watercolor... Olivia the pig is guache and charcoal... a lot of childrens' illustration books are I think - probably why I like the medium :evil:

If it's a portrait of his dogs ... well <_< That would just be icing on the cake :P

Pk wants to be painted by the captain.... :o

7 that's been discussed ... it's funny :lol:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#11 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

Anybody see that car dealership commercial that Stevens is in? he's like..."I'm here for the party"

That's a riot!

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:10 AM

So I never found any of the pics on line -- I found a couple of musicians' (I've never heard of) paintings.

OK I admit it -- I was just writing here to keep Scott Stevens posts on the first page :P

and Hey I have so many fat rolls now I'd make a great life drawing model -- fat rolls are the most fun to shade :yucky:

I'm here for the party

#13 WeirdNJ

WeirdNJ

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:22 AM

I like oil or acrylic.. i suck too bad for water color lol :)

#14 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:07 AM

I find this to be more my speed.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#15 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

Awe! Do you have anything posted there, dear? I'll print it up and magnet it to my 'frige!m :)

:unsure:

I'm here for the party

#16 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:49 PM

I like oil or acrylic.. i suck too bad for water color lol :)

That's what I love about watercolor -- the way one stroke can shade something perfectly -- it just looks so pretty to me! In one sense there's no margin for error but in another errors sometimes are perfect - very natural "that's the way it is" feel to it... does that makes sense?

They're not so hard if your working really wet too :giggle: but seriously if you have a good block of paper or stretch it in the tub and tape it down well it's not as bad as it seems!!

The only thing that bugs me about them is I'm very cautious as a person so I can get a big ol' block not wanting to move forward or leaving something too safe not going bold enough with it -- but that's ME with the problem not the watercolor :P

I'm here for the party

#17 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

So where's the art work?
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#18 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:53 PM

I think we have to wait until it's on ebay :(

I'm here for the party

#19 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

Awe! Do you have anything posted there, dear? I'll print it up and magnet it to my 'frige!m :)

:unsure:

:P

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#20 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:12 PM

Is this not the dearest man on the face of the earth... (aside from my immediate family anyhow :evil: )

Scott Stevens Artwork

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users