Official NJDevs.com Keepers II

threestars

• 3 years later...
25 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Well that's a throwback.

Haha yep totally... It's been a year since we got Hall & I thought this week would be more active.  I've been waiting for something interesting to happen (no offense, Kinky) so I have to make my own fun.  I guess this is fun?  

Wow I didn't realize I bumped this up from so many years ago.  Sorry I guess this whole Keeper thing just isn't done anymore. :huh:

Haha I was thinking about this the other day and the annual board awards. 

I actually don't know what I would do without this place. This forum has kept me connected to the organisation and the fanbase for so long.

• Like 1

Weird going back and looking at threads over a decade old. A few of the kept coaches and players are dead, the guy who started the thread became a Sens fan I guess, and it's interesting looking back on the dynamic of this place from back in the day. Sometimes I see some old timers around here complaining about how the board has changed, and it seems like a lot of people left because they didn't like what the place had become. I joined in 08 but wasn't active until 2012, so I missed out on those days. I bet if I stopped posting here and turned back up when the team was good and the atmosphere here was lighter and friendlier, I'd probably complain that the board was better when the team was terrible and we all hated each other.

I'd be down to bring some more extra
curriculars to this place.  Looks like we have a few more lousy seasons and a lockout to look forward to too, so why not.

I'd be willing to be the Keeper of Keepers.  Start up a list and a new thread and boom.  Was just looking for a reason to get it started.  Try my best to keep an edited first post that has an official list.  

Cross out players that leave so the person can still remain their keeper.  I liked the idea A LOT, but showed up to the board far too late to claim anyone cool.  Everyone has their favorites that they like to defend and such, but this was a cool way to flaunt it a little I suppose.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoffeecake said:

Weird going back and looking at threads over a decade old. A few of the kept coaches and players are dead, the guy who started the thread became a Sens fan I guess, and it's interesting looking back on the dynamic of this place from back in the day. Sometimes I see some old timers around here complaining about how the board has changed, and it seems like a lot of people left because they didn't like what the place had become. I joined in 08 but wasn't active until 2012, so I missed out on those days. I bet if I stopped posting here and turned back up when the team was good and the atmosphere here was lighter and friendlier, I'd probably complain that the board was better when the team was terrible and we all hated each other.

I'd be down to bring some more extra
curriculars to this place.  Looks like we have a few more lousy seasons and a lockout to look forward to too, so why not.

It's weird looking back at this thread. I've been on this board since it's inception, really. I legitimately grew up here. I was 15-16 when NJDevs first came out and I'm 32 now. I've witnessed all of redruM's crazy rants, fought with you all over the original NJDevs front page, got to experience djstubbs and par99, got to watch every single time Derek threatened to leave us,  and lived through all 5835 jersey fight and goal song brawl...hell, I could go on. 

It's crazy to think back on how much we have all been through together. I've seen it all here. Hell, I was an administrator at one point even.

You guys are all knuckleheads and I love this place for it. This has always been the best place to talk shop, and I firmly believe it's not just the best Devils forum, but one of the best hockey places period. Long live NJDEVS ha. 

Edited by Weekes Head
  • Like 3

well, according to the OP I have this:

Captain's Banner (#4)..........Sole Keeper..........DevilsFanSteve30

of course I changed my name (to something way more exciting obviously) but still proud to be the keeper of that! maybe I should put it in my sig...