2006 Goal Song Poll

officerfarva

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering why "Memories" was there. I was guessing it was going to be used as the "control group" in the experiment.

I voted for PennyWise. Most of the choices are pretty lame...

Why no "Seven Nation Army" by White Stripes...Ohhhh Oh Oh Oh Ohhhhh Oh...!!!

Had to write in Rock and Roll Part II; sorry but I hate change, and I've got too may good memories associated with the song, arena, and the team.

I have to admit though, if it HAS to be one of those choices Satriani's Crowd Chant would be my pick.

If it ends up being elevation, I'm not coming...

I like that crowd chant one. The Pennywise one is pretty cool but if we're not gonna keep Rock and Roll Part II then I want something original and I think the Ducks might use that Pennywise song. I kinda like White Zombie but to use that as the goal soung is pretty corny. Same with Hey Man Nice Shot. The Queens of the Stone Age song sounds kinda similar to Rock and Roll Part II but I don't really like it. I'm also going to write in Rock and Roll Part II, but really I just hope it's anything but Elevation.

Memories- WTF?????????

I like the Crowd chant one but yes it's way too much like the Rangers on with the ohh and then the hey, hey, hey.

Out of the others I would say OLE!, It might fit with Newark the best.

I haven't voted yet. I'm seeing if I can come up with a better option.

I voted for the Queens of the Stone Age, but I did suggest Seven Nation Army.

Vote for QotSA, they have HUGE rock n' roll cred, and it's basically a much more up-tempo version of the regular song we used to use.

They are a sh!tty corporately assembled rock band who just used their names to get big.. Also they suck.

I voted for the Queens of the Stone Age, but I did suggest Seven Nation Army.

Vote for QotSA, they have HUGE rock n' roll cred, and it's basically a much more up-tempo version of the regular song we used to use.

So you voted twice and for two different things? How does that help?

Vote

Kern Kraft 400 - Zombie Nation!

Here at Penn State, that's our choice whenever we make a huge play or a big defensive stop. Nothing like seeing 20,000 students jump up and down going crazy. It's such a force that they have downgraded the amount of times it's played now because the foundation on our side of the 110,000 person stadium has begun to crack and every game at least 2 or 3 rows of bleachers break and are carried up the student section. :)

That's tough to top, and I doubt it would have the same great feel at a Devils game.

Someone suggested U2's Elevation, I like that idea. That's unique.

Edited by NJayDevil

The fvck do you know? The Queens have been going at it since long before you ever started listening to rock. They've changed band members more times than Jay Pandolfo scores in a season, but still, their for real.

Actually they have been around for like 8 years...but they have had somthing like 18-20 differnt members and just the singer is till around. Its one dude and a record contract doing auditions to make robot rock.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I've been writing this guy Chris at the Devils complaining about the Blur song because it reminds of losing to the Senators in 1998. I told him I'd rather hear Memories by Barbara Streisand as a joke. I guess he has a sense of humor because its one of the choices.

:ph34r:

If the Devils become the laughingstock of the league for including that in the poll, I will hold you personally responsible. :blink:

Is it just me, or does the clip of "Do It Again" on the Devils site sound like Gary Glitter's "Do You Wanna Touch Me?" :rofl:

Of the choices listed, "Crowd Chant" is the one I prefer, but like a few others, I wrote in "Seven Nation Army".

"Kern Kraft 400", "Elevation", and "Song 2" are just too damn clich