114 replies to this topic

#41 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:43 AM

Out of curiosity but why isn't Running With the Devil a choice?

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#42 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:09 AM

I think the tempo of that song is way too slow to be a goal song.

As for the other songs....the crowd chant song isn't bad. Do It Again is kinda boring. Ole reminds me of soccer and I think the Canadiens use that song. Kern Kraft 400 isn't a good song to celebrate a goal, it's more like a warmup type of song or something to play when they have that noise meter on the scoreboard. Hey Man Nice Shot is too slow and it's also pretty corny. Song 2 is overused around the league. Memory isn't a serious choice. Kick Start My Heart isn't a good goal song either. Brohymn isn't a bad song, but as far as I know the song is about one of the band members' brother who died. That's not exactly a happy and cheerful type of song. Elevation is an awful song and an even worse choice for a goal song. Supercharger Heaven is a stupid choice, the only reason it's up there is because part of the lyrics are "Devil man..." which is a pretty stupid reason.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#43 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

Please for Kickstart my heart. Please please please please please.
:pray:

i'd settle for white zombie but I'd BE SO THRILLED if i heard crue more. and yes. i'm being serious.
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#44 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:26 PM

No respect for the classics? Zeppelin's Immigrant song would be a good goal song, imagine singing along to the "AHHHHHHHHHHH-AHHHA".
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#45 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Holy Crap IMMIGRANT WOULD TOTALLY SONG!

#46 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:50 PM

all these songs suck.

too many memories with rock and roll pt 2...please keep that song.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#47 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

Holy Crap IMMIGRANT WOULD TOTALLY SONG!

It's not dynamic enough... not enough punch -- it's whiney and ethereal that Rolling Stones song where he shouts "Ouww" in the begining is on a par with that -- ie classic but it sucks for a goal celebration/looped

I'm here for the party

#48 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:06 PM

why the hell is memories on the list. there is no way in hell that would ever be a song to celebrate with.
i voted for the Crowd Chant one
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#49 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:15 PM

Because our brilliant topic starter suggested it :lol: I think it's a riot! How many Flyer fans will vote for this? :giggle:

All the songs are things people suggested I'm certain -- because they've all been suggested here.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 19 October 2006 - 05:38 PM.

I'm here for the party

#50 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:11 PM

does any body know when the poll ends
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#51 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

I noticed they played "Ole" and the crowd chant one tonight.....guess they are showcasing them. (Didn't like either of those too)

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#52 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:18 PM

they actually played three songs tonight; in order:

satriani goal song
pennywise goal song
ole.

the satriani song really didn't work well. the pennywise did and the ole actually really did, but i think it also had to do with the timing of the goal. i still think it's obvious that r&r part II is far and away the best one.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#53 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

I voted for White Zombie......otherwise it would probably have been Bouncing Souls or Kern Kraft 4000

I agree with those, good choices.

White Zombie's Super Charger Heaven has to be the one.

DEVIL MAN, DEVIL MAN callin'
DEVIL MAN, DEVIL MAN runnin' my head yeah

That's what I was thinking too.

But then I thought how Megadeth JAMS!! and suggested Symphony Of Destruction. :evil:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#54 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

I voted for Ole, but i think they should play "Kid" by the Bouncing Souls. The beginning is very good for a goal song in my opinon.

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#55 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

I dont know if anyone mentioned it or not but how about "Boom" by POD.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#56 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

Ole is so friggin stupid....this isn't a soccer game played between 2 south american teams....i'm not trying to be racist here, but Ole really isn't a hockey song....
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#57 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:02 PM

Ole is so friggin stupid....this isn't a soccer game played between 2 south american teams....i'm not trying to be racist here, but Ole really isn't a hockey song....

i hear 'ya. but i'll tell you that when they scored the goal to tie it up with 11 secs left it worked

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,065 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

Tell that to the Mets, they've used the song all year only with a twist ('Jose, Jose, Jose'), I'm sure its popularity with the Mets is a reason why it's a candidate for Devils goal song :P Hell works for me, but I'll take anything that's good enough so people aren't b-tching and moaning about having the Rock and Roll song back, geez people act like it's been the goal song for 20 years.

Edited by Hasan4978, 21 October 2006 - 03:54 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#59 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

To stir the pot......I think it was either the Ducks or the Stars...last night I heard Gary Glitter played after a goal :ph34r:

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#60 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:05 PM

To stir the pot......I think it was either the Ducks or the Stars...last night I heard Gary Glitter played after a goal :ph34r:

Yea, i think it was the Stars because I heard it too.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users