114 replies to this topic

#101 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

I can't believe Ole won.  I honestly just can't believe it.  After all the great suggestions that were put forward, fvcking Ole gets it.  That was the ONE fvckING CHOICE I was absolutely against.  I give up on this team's PR department.  I wonder if they even kept track of the votes or just went with what the team used to use. 

I'd boo during ole, but it's pointless now, so I'll just stand there miserably while that stupid fvcking soccer chant gets played after the Devils score.

/rant.  Unbelievable.  

Edit:  And then Zombie-freakin-Nation with the second place finish!  Let's just go totally cliche while we're at it.  Zzzzz this freakin team man

Edit2:  Clearly the solution to this problem is to just chant "You Suck, you suck, you suck, you suuuuck...you suck...you suck..." to the melody of Ole.  That'll get things done.  /s.

Edit3:  I'm a blithering idiot, ugh

Edited by Devilsfan118, 17 October 2013 - 09:54 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#102 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

I can't believe Ole won.  I honestly just can't believe it.  After all the great suggestions that were put forward, fvcking Ole gets it.  That was the ONE fvckING CHOICE I was absolutely against.  I give up on this team's PR department.  I wonder if they even kept track of the votes or just went with what the team used to use. 

I'd boo during ole, but it's pointless now, so I'll just stand there miserably while that stupid fvcking soccer chant gets played after the Devils score.

/rant.  Unbelievable.  

Edit:  And then Zombie-freakin-Nation with the second place finish!  Let's just go totally cliche while we're at it.  Zzzzz this freakin team man

Edit2:  Clearly the solution to this problem is to just chant "You Suck, you suck, you suck, you suuuuck...you suck...you suck..." to the melody of Ole.  That'll get things done.  /s

What are you talking about?  You know this is an old thread?  Most of the responses are from about 7 years ago.  It's from when the song was first changed (it was brought back for the 2008-09 season).

New song hasn't been picked yet. 

Read this, THIS is how the new song is being chosen:

http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=93039

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#103 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

What are you talking about?  You know this is an old thread?  Most of the responses are from about 7 years ago.  It's from when the song was first changed (it was brought back for the 2008-09 season).

New song hasn't been picked yet. 

Read this, THIS is how the new song is being chosen:

http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=93039

Ah..well...awkward..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#104 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Not sure which of these threads to post in but I like Tim's suggestions here:

http://devilsarmyblo...oal-song-vol-1/

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#105 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

of these choices, i'd pick the satriani song but it feels too similar to the rangers goal song.

i actually wrote in Stand Up by Dave Matthews. You can loop the rocking part of the chorus pretty well I think.

I'm as big a DMB fan you'll find, and would hate that as our song. I wish there was a way we could incorporate the live Warehouse intro with (WOO) that Jayson Werth used as his walk up song. Not very goal song-esque, though.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#106 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Ah..well...awkward..

You scared me for a second there. Here I was thinking, DAMMIT THEY PICKED THAT CRAP AGAIN. lol.

#107 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

You scared me for a second there. Here I was thinking, DAMMIT THEY PICKED THAT CRAP AGAIN. lol.

:lol: Sorry, I'm running on fumes today, clearly didn't check what I was looking at

believe-ll.jpg

#108 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I just submitted my pick: "Light 'Em Up" by Fall Out Boy at 00:49

If you haven't heard it yet, listen to it via the link I put above.. I don't think any other team uses it right now

Edited by Colin226, 17 October 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#109 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Push It - Static X - 1:05 in onward

I see it . I need it

#110 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

If you haven't heard it yet, listen to it via the link I put above.. I don't think any other team uses it right now

Flyers are using this now.

http://fightinforphi...oal-song-again/

#111 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

That was interesting until Nickelback was suggested and a little piece of me died.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#112 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I actually like the light it up one a lot. Pop punk but whatever.

#113 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

That was interesting until Nickelback was suggested and a little piece of me died.

Not just suggested, but it was called "amazing." Good gravy.

#114 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

ah man that would be perfect if the flyers werent using it.. sh!tttt i certainly dont want the same song as them though that would be lame and make for a lot of sh!t talking about how we stole their song lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#115 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

I love the Burn it to the Ground mock.  I love when the song is playing simultaneously as the goal horn.  Pittsburgh does it that way, and Dallas did as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users