10 replies to this topic

#1 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:19 AM

If it had gone in I don't think it would have counted because he lost the puck on the way in. I think the puck has to move forward at all times. Does anyone have a ruling on this?

#2 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:33 AM

If it had gone in I don't think it would have counted because he lost the puck on the way in. I think the puck has to move forward at all times. Does anyone have a ruling on this?

Doc and Chico said it would of counted.
Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#3 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:35 AM

Actually, the puck was "moving" the entire time, just that Elias moved ahead of the puck. The shootout rules for puck movement are the same as those for a penalty shot (see the NHL rule book, Rule 25). It states "...The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponents goal line..."

So, the player can move ahead of the puck and retireve it, as long as the puck continues to move toward the goal.
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#4 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:33 AM

Looked like he gave up on it. I wonder if he thought it was dead.

#5 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

The zamboni guys seemed confused when they came out for the quick shootout once-over. They were arguing and pointing and the ice didn't seem like it was done properly imho.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#6 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:03 AM

Elias needs to try a different move. He's got his head in his @ss lately, taking a bad penalty in the third, and eventually looking "disinterested" in the shoot-out...

Wake up Patty! Smell the 6 million in your bank account!

Remember, you're not even 1/3 as famous as Barcelona's Ronaldinho (the world's best soccer player), and yet, you're making just about the same salary. Ronaldinho is making 8 million...

#7 MissionHockey

MissionHockey

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:11 AM

Elias needs to try a different move. He's got his head in his @ss lately, taking a bad penalty in the third, and eventually looking "disinterested" in the shoot-out...

Remember, you're not even 1/3 as famous as Barcelona's Ronaldinho (the world's best soccer player), and yet, you're making just about the same salary. Ronaldinho is making 8 million...

He had 3 assists in the game and your bagging on him? Tough crowd, Patrik doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.
NJDevs keeper of Zach Parise

I just want you all to notice me and people to see
that somewhere deep down
there's a decent human being in me
It just can't be found
So the reason you are seeing this me
Its cuz this is me now
the recent dude whos being this mean }:-)

#8 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:13 AM

Elias had 3 assists but I'd still say he played a pretty awful game. Couldn't pass most of the game, could even stickhandle the puck by himself without losing it to the bad ice at times, takes some bad penalties. I know the 3 assists look nice but his overall game was poor.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#9 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

After watching Rolandinho at Barca practice I'd say he makes way too much... what a friggin lazy bastard.. definitely not a "devils type Player".
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#10 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:35 PM

Pando for the Shootout! :unsure: :D

Either way, Devils stole a point and we should be happy with that.
So Say We All

#11 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:19 PM

elias is pretty shakey on shootouts...
he needs to find a shot like that erat, man was a laser beam.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users