Photo

So....how many Rangers Suck/Flyers Swallow chants tonight?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:15 PM

I never take "suck" to be sexual. I think of it deriving from "suck wind" --

http://www.urbandict...?term=suck wind

v. (1) To be left in the dust, as in a race or other competition.

(2) Can also be used in the general sense meaning to suck or to lose.

(3) To remove something's momentum (usually in combination with "out of their sails").

(4) A negative dismissal in the tradition of fvck off or go to hell, but without the obscenity.

(1) That last hill on the cross country course left me sucking wind as I watched everybody pass me.

(2) This traffic sucks wind.

(3) He was going to go straight down into the avalanche zone for the camera, but the ski patrol guy sucked the wind right out of his sails.

(4) Oh yeah? Well, tell them to go suck wind.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#42 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:37 PM

sucking hind teet is also an expression meaning bottom of the barrel.

I actually don't think of it as sucking either... I mean even when I think suck the mighty moose cock - suck monkey nuts... :noclue: how do I NOT think of that as sucking in that sense? :giggle: I'm just seeking a way to make it profane but I'm not thinking about the actual meaning! I am not normal though am I?

I'm here for the party

#43 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

Suck the Mighty Moose Cock? LMFAO
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#44 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

Ya'll are a bunch of suckers. SUCKA!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#45 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

Two points, in light of the fact I just posted a new topic involving a "Rangers Suck" chant.

1. Don't like the chant? Don't chant along with it. It's stunning to think that anything a Devils crowd does that rises above waiting for something to happen on the ice to make noise can be bashed. Is it vulgar? Yes. Is it crude? Yes. Would it be better to forget about the Rangers and cheer for our own team? Sure, but that'll only happen when the Rangers are contracted. The bottom line is that they fit within the rebellious spirit of the franchise: just like we used "Devils hockey" to win three Cups before they were forced to change the rules to conteract it, we BORROWED the most identified cheer from an Original Six team and made it our own -- at their expense. Because we can't be original.

Corrected.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#46 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

Two points, in light of the fact I just posted a new topic involving a "Rangers Suck" chant.

1. Don't like the chant? Don't chant along with it. It's stunning to think that anything a Devils crowd does that rises above waiting for something to happen on the ice to make noise can be bashed. Is it vulgar? Yes. Is it crude? Yes. Would it be better to forget about the Rangers and cheer for our own team? Sure, but that'll only happen when the Rangers are contracted. The bottom line is that they fit within the rebellious spirit of the franchise: just like we used "Devils hockey" to win three Cups before they were forced to change the rules to conteract it, we stole the most identified cheer from an Original Six team and made it our own -- at their expense.

2. Mad props to the poster who stated the "no whistle, no chant" rule. Let's get Triple H and Burt Reynolds to make that a Man Law.

<JESTER>

Thanks Jester. :D
but i have to disagree...if the Rangers were defunket, they'd still do the chants.
i love the sounds of any cheering in the arena, it would be better is it was FOR the devils and not the team they're playing (or some random team) but i guess as long as the players hear some noise

#47 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:54 AM

Corrected.

Not quite. It's not supposed to be original. That's why it works.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#48 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:12 AM

:whistling: I think I'm going to change my name to Mighty Moose. :uni: :devil:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#49 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:32 AM

I miss the "You Suck" chant during RR part 2. Maybe someone can incorporate that in the "Ole" song :evil:
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#50 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

so now they do it during the chicken dance too? brilliant
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#51 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

I was at the game tonight...pretty good crowd, about 10 minutes before game time the place was empty..but it filled up. I was in section...220, which was right near the moron dressed in a cow suit and the 2 or 3 other fat drunk guys that insisted on doing the Rangers Suck/Flyers swallow chant literally at least every 10 minutes. I really felt embarrased, because I think it is so ridiculously stupid, and it happens EVERY game. The opposing team's fans must think we are retarded or something, and I wouldnt be surprised if our own players did too. I'm really sick of hearing that, I hate the Flyers and Rangers as much as anyone, but this is too much, save it for games AGAINST those 2 teams.

yeah but it should be our motto painted on the rock. "Rangers Suck". these guys may be drunk and obnoxious, but at least they are enthusiastic, which seems to be lacking too much from the rest of the crowd. we need to be the arena other teams dread to enter

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#52 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

yeah but it should be our motto painted on the rock. "Rangers Suck". these guys may be drunk and obnoxious, but at least they are enthusiastic, which seems to be lacking too much from the rest of the crowd. we need to be the arena other teams dread to enter

Old thread much? :noclue:

#53 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

yeah holy hell this is old
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#54 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

the chant is annoying when said 34523453 times but its still fun. Does anyone else say you suck when we score a goal and its kind of part of the chant. I cant describe when to say it but it seems half and half of the stadium says it. I think its a good part of it and more people should say it I believe nashville had the same thing on one of the games i was watching when they were remotely good and the stadium did it and i got offended watching it on tv lol.

#55 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Wasn't expecting this thread to surface again. Still relevant, though!
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#56 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Funny story,
I was at the game with my mother, she's also a Devils fan, anyway the crowd did the Rangers suck Flyer swallow chant and as a joke I said to my mom "Mommy what does Flyers swallow mean?" (I'm 19) I thought it was funny and then 5 seconds later I heard a little kid in front of me ask his mom the same question. After that I felt like an a$$hole and I'll never do the Flyers swallow chant or Rangers suck, unless of course it's a Devils/Rangers game.
Posted Image

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

the chant is annoying when said 34523453 times but its still fun. Does anyone else say you suck when we score a goal and its kind of part of the chant. I cant describe when to say it but it seems half and half of the stadium says it. I think its a good part of it and more people should say it I believe nashville had the same thing on one of the games i was watching when they were remotely good and the stadium did it and i got offended watching it on tv lol.

Yes... I did it 10 times this weekend and each time saying HEY YOU SUCK after another amazing goal is scored sounds better and better!!!

If you don't like it... you have two choices:

1. kill yourself (recommended)
2. deal with it and be happy noise is being made!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#58 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Yes... I did it 10 times this weekend and each time saying HEY YOU SUCK after another amazing goal is scored sounds better and better!!!

If you don't like it... you have two choices:

1. kill yourself (recommended)
2. deal with it and be happy noise is being made!

Well said! Spoken like typical Jersey trash.

#59 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Someone's flexing their internet muscles...

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#60 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

Right, Rags fan.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users