#2 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 05:53 PM

:lol:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#3 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 06:08 PM

Every time the HOS sees that picture of "Holmstrom in Action Against Vancouver", the HOS can't stop laughing!

#4 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 05:16 PM

Didn't the Hockey Outsider once be an actual real hockey site with good info.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#5 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 06:03 PM

It still is, chief.

#6 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 06:05 PM

Well I think our opinions of good info might be different.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#7 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 06:08 PM

DR33, you can't tell me you didn't enjoy that picture!

#8 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 04:29 AM

So true, I loved it!
"Playing with him now, I have an even greater respect for him," center Joe Nieuwendyk said of Stevens. "He's a true captain. He's a leader."

#9 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 06:46 PM

i still like divealanche.com better, HOS.

not to offend you, but i believe the avalanche are far guiltier of the act that is helping to kill the NHL.

#10 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 06:47 PM

didn't i get 500 here a couple months ago? :P

#11 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 07:06 PM

No biggie, Sheepy.
To each his own!

By the way, congrats on post #500!

#12 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 02:34 PM

I'm sure red wing fans act just as stupid as avalanche fans over the rivalry. I mean a rivalry is good and all but it seems that some avalanche fans and detroit fans spending more time rooting failure to come to each others team then they spend rooting for their own. I think the people who have "Red Wings Sucks" bumper sticks on their cars out in Colorado aren't die hard avalanche fans but a bunch of pathetic losers. And absolutely nothing is more pathetic then the time I attended an Avs vs Kings matchup and saw "Red Wings Suck" being displayed on the Pepsi Center viewer while people chanted it to a well known sports melody. I don't know how it is in Detroit, but after meeting a few Red Wing fans who relocated here they seem just as bad. Nothing wrong with making jokes about each others teams and a little taunting, but devoting yourself to the failure of another team is friggin stupid. This also goes to Red Sox fans who spend their entire time paying more attention to the Yankees and bitching and moaning when they are doing well.

Anyhow, I wish these people would just grow up and spend their time rooting for their own teams.
"Playing with him now, I have an even greater respect for him," center Joe Nieuwendyk said of Stevens. "He's a true captain. He's a leader."

#13 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 04:23 PM

E-Devil: "I mean a rivalry is good and all but it seems that some avalanche fans and detroit fans spending more time rooting failure to come to each others team then they spend rooting for their own."

This reminds me of something.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#14 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 04:29 PM

This reminds me of something.  

Ya know Derek, I was actually about to make the same comment.

"Rangers suck" chant, anyone?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#15 goobergirl

goobergirl

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 07:14 PM

That's good! I really liked the Guerin one.... WHEN GUERIN ATTACKS....."I'm no one's kept woman!" LOL!

http://www.hockeyout...sp?STORY_ID=519

#16 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 07:19 PM

Derek, every team has fans who are idiots. I'm sure you are talking about everyone having a little fun here with the count down to Rangers golf. I do think some teasing is healthy but it's the extreme stuff that makes me gag. For example, if the rangers board had a thread where they predicted the next key devil's player to leave as a free agent, I would laugh and not take that seriously. But for those fans who go around to rival boards just to spam and insult everyone, there a different group.

#17 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 12:45 AM

Indeed, E.
The HOS is also known as the Gracious One.

#18 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 04:30 PM

What I meant wasn't this site once like TFP, like a good site for real hockey info. I still find the stuff funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users