25 replies to this topic

#21 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

Probably good that you have a little experience prior to this trip. I do not envy you driving through NJ/NY.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

I have survived a couple of driving vacations in North America, mainly Canada & a few in Florida but something tells me that NJ/NY is gonna be just a little bit different! :unsure:
Oh trust me that will NOT be a problem... I do like my food, and beer! Did I mention beer?
Its gone 8pm here & I think I hear some calling me! :evil:

the Area around the Swamp only rivals LA as one of the worst traffic pits I've ever seen!!!
You have been warned though!!

Bah... the beer here sucks... have real drinks B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

For bus, you may actually have to backtrack...

Take the bus from Mill Creek to Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC and then take the Bus to the CAA. Crazy right?

You may have to take a cab, which may end up costing you about 10 bucks each way. That's about 5 quid for you folks in the UK

Not so bad...

I'm sure the arena ushers can direct you to a taxi after the game. That shouldn't be a problem. Or, perhaps you befriend a few fans after the game, and they can give you a lift for the short 5-minute ride back to the hotel...

#24 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:13 PM

It you do consider hiring a car....check out the area on maps.google.com, I have found it incredibly useful for giving me advanced knowledge of the layout of junctions n stuff, and for figuring out what exits to take to get on/off highways. the hybrid and satellite views allow you to actually follow the lanes of the roads. The resolution over the meadowlands area is great too.

Looking at the area, the La Quinta is so excruciatingly close to the arena that you could walk there.....except there are only highway bridges crossing the river :rolleyes: :doh1:

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#25 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

If you do score tickets to the Islanders game, it's really simple to get there from New Jersey.

Just go East through the Lincoln Tunnel, follow your way through Manhattan to the Midtown Tunnel, and then get on Rt. 495. Once you're on Rt. 495 (Long Island Expressway) You'll eventually see signs for Nassau Coliseum, difficult to miss.

Hope your trip goes well!
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#26 islandmonkey

islandmonkey

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:59 PM

Thank you once again for the advice!!!

Can't wait for February to come round so I can get to the game...

Oh yeah message for 'devlman ' last night my soccer team finally got this season's first victory on the road!!! :clap:

Edited by islandmonkey, 30 November 2006 - 02:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users