• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 goobergirl

goobergirl

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 12:28 PM

Guess what? My school caught on fire today. See we shouldn't have gone to school today! lol Well It was first period and I was in cheer and we were getting done working out and the fire alarm goes off. Well people are always pulling those things so we didn't make a big deal out of it. Well after 5 minutes or so someone comes into the gym and starts screaming that it really was a real fire! We didn't go outside because no one was leaving and we had to roll up the cheer mats that we were using. We run out in our shorts and all and stand outside watching the smoke for like an hour. So then after freezing our naked legs off we are sent inside to the gym. There everyone is going crazy hoping that we can go home, cause I mean alot of the school was still filled with smoke. Then about 10:00 they tell us that we can finally go home. So that's where I am now. The school built a new wing to the school and the fire occured where the old buliding and new wing met and the electric box pretty much exploded. I hope everyone got out safe. I think they did though. The great thing about this is that I get to go shopping all day!! YAY! Did anyone else have to go to school?

#2 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 12:34 PM

Wow I'm really surprised you had school on Presidents Day. No school in the tri-state area had school today and probably not tomorrow or even the day after that. Snow is still coming down here but its going to end in about an hour. 20+ inches on the ground I believe.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#3 Lady Stanley

Lady Stanley

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 04:15 PM

Where do you live that there was school on President's Day? How unpatriotic is THAT?

#4 Lady Stanley

Lady Stanley

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 04:16 PM

Just thought of a reason,

Do you live in Canada, Goobergirl? That would explain it! :D

#5 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 05:09 PM

Don't you live in Texas?

Thats good everyone got out alright, but thats funny how no one thought it was really a fire. I just thought of a funny store of something happening at my school. The sewage system got clogged once and it happened when the upper grades were outside, so first they got all the other grades out and the two grades left went in to get their books. When we were getting our stuff, the fire alarm went off (something with the cold air coming in since the doors were open to let the smell out) and everyone panicked. Lots of students were just going where ever and the teachers went crazy cause my school is incredibly strict. So for the rest of the day we had class in the gym, with everyone on the floor/basketball court.
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#6 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 05:20 PM

Crazy goings-ons.

Here's hoping that no one was injured.

Certain schools don't close for national holidays, notably private institutions. This is particularly the case at college -- only reason I didn't have classes today is because there's about 2 feet of snow outside my window.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#7 exit_16w

exit_16w

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 06:05 PM

Hey I wonder if our retarded American media has related the school fire to terrorism yet?

#8 goobergirl

goobergirl

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 09:06 PM

Hey I wonder if our retarded American media has related the school fire to terrorism yet?

LOL I'm not surprised. Well I do live north of Dallas in a small town. I think we had to go to school on President's day because we didn't on MLK day. I don't want to offend anyoen but In this town there would be riots in the streets if we had to go to school on that day! There are werid things that happen here lol. My old private school a few years back had the sewage like exploded out of the toliets and the whole school was flooded in nasty stuff. It was so gross. At least that happened right before school started.

It was on the news on one channel about the fire. It's really exciting having things that happen here on the Dallas news, yeah but I'm a dork like that. lol It also said that we would go to school tomorrow :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users