whoops on the christmas present

elias2600

I asked for a Scott Gomez Team USA jersey (white) for christmas, and my sister ordered me one (it hasnt arrived yet). Yesterday I found out that for whatever reason besides that she doesnt know anything about hockey, she thought it would be a good idea to get it with the captains C on it. Now of course that is wrong, and makes the jersey kind of worthless (imo). Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the C from the jersey without ruining it, or even better, does anyone want to buy a Scott Gomez Team USA White Jersey (size L) with a captains C on it for a discount?

Edited by elias2600

Well, I'd wait till ya actually get it, but it may well be stitched on, in which case it should be fairly easy to unstitch it (and possibly not noticeable).....use scissors or a proper un-stitch tool you can purchase at any haberdashers (and do it carefully, don't pull at the stitching, just snip it). If it is the "iron-on" kind, ya could be screwed.

Edited by ThreeStars

I tried doing that once. I asked for an Yzerman jersey and they got me a #19 Red Wings jersey with my name on the back so I tried to unstitch it and I ended up leaving a few holes in the jersey and you can still kind of tell there was something there. It took forever so I just gave up before I even finished.

If I were you I would give it a shot instead of wearing it around and looking like a dumbass, though. Maybe you can take it to a store by you that's reliable with jersey customization and see if they can take it off for you. If you do it yourself, be careful even if it takes a long time because you don't want to ruin the jersey.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.