4 replies to this topic

#1 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:17 PM

I asked for a Scott Gomez Team USA jersey (white) for christmas, and my sister ordered me one (it hasnt arrived yet). Yesterday I found out that for whatever reason besides that she doesnt know anything about hockey, she thought it would be a good idea to get it with the captains C on it. Now of course that is wrong, and makes the jersey kind of worthless (imo). Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the C from the jersey without ruining it, or even better, does anyone want to buy a Scott Gomez Team USA White Jersey (size L) with a captains C on it for a discount?

Edited by elias2600, 28 December 2006 - 04:18 PM.

#2 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:23 PM

Well, I'd wait till ya actually get it, but it may well be stitched on, in which case it should be fairly easy to unstitch it (and possibly not noticeable).....use scissors or a proper un-stitch tool you can purchase at any haberdashers (and do it carefully, don't pull at the stitching, just snip it). If it is the "iron-on" kind, ya could be screwed.

Edited by ThreeStars, 28 December 2006 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#3 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:28 PM

its a team USA replica jersey from NHL.com so I dont know what method of application they used.

#4 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:03 AM

UPDATE: I got my jersey today, and it indeed does have the C on it, but it looks like it is only stitched, so I am going to remove them tomorrow and hope it doesn't leave much of a mark. Here's to hope!!

#5 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:25 AM

I tried doing that once. I asked for an Yzerman jersey and they got me a #19 Red Wings jersey with my name on the back so I tried to unstitch it and I ended up leaving a few holes in the jersey and you can still kind of tell there was something there. It took forever so I just gave up before I even finished.

If I were you I would give it a shot instead of wearing it around and looking like a dumbass, though. Maybe you can take it to a store by you that's reliable with jersey customization and see if they can take it off for you. If you do it yourself, be careful even if it takes a long time because you don't want to ruin the jersey.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users