#21 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

Isn't it Easter Sunday?

Oh crap :doh1: ! I hope my parents aren't planning a Easter trip to Boston.

#22 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:07 AM

I bet Tuesday doesn't even top 15,000. I just checked and there are tons of seats left. The best $52 seats are in 211 row 20, and when I put end seating in 225 row 9 came up, meaning there will be tons of empty rows in the corners and ends. There are still $35 seats left in the first row they're available, row 16. Anyway, it's amazing to see how badly things have gotten. We're estatic over a crowd of 16,000, when ten years ago, a year after we missed the playoffs, we were averaging 17,000+. I remember meaningless weeknight games drawing over 16,000 back then and ANY weekend game selling out. Back then $90 seats were around $50 and sold out for every game and they had good promotional games such as six pack cooler bags, duffel bags, christmas ornaments, etc...

I don't think we'll sell out one game this year. Easter Sunday won't sellout because it's Easter Sunday! Last year we only drew 15,000 in a huge game vs. the Flyers. They won't have any special ceremony I bet, but if they do, the only way to see it will be to be there, because NBC sure wont show it.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#23 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

What about the last home game in the swamp? I'm sure they'll have some kind of ceremony for that.

And why did it have to be on Easter Sunday :angry:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#24 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:02 PM

I bet Tuesday doesn't even top 15,000. I just checked and there are tons of seats left. The best $52 seats are in 211 row 20, and when I put end seating in 225 row 9 came up, meaning there will be tons of empty rows in the corners and ends. There are still $35 seats left in the first row they're available, row 16. Anyway, it's amazing to see how badly things have gotten. We're estatic over a crowd of 16,000, when ten years ago, a year after we missed the playoffs, we were averaging 17,000+. I remember meaningless weeknight games drawing over 16,000 back then and ANY weekend game selling out. Back then $90 seats were around $50 and sold out for every game and they had good promotional games such as six pack cooler bags, duffel bags, christmas ornaments, etc...

It seems like it was 20 years ago that the Devils averaged there best attendance in Doug Gilmour first full season as a Devil.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#25 oilers88cup

oilers88cup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:43 PM

The devils have NEVER drawn anything except flies.If the gate is good aganist pittsburgh it's because of Crosby and Malkin,Washington because of Ovechkin.The Devils should be contracted.they are bs just like their stupid fans.Too bad the Oilers don't play them this year.I 'd get to beat up some pathetic Devils fans.Gretzky was right Mickey Mouse team.

#26 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:26 PM

The devils have NEVER drawn anything except flies.If the gate is good aganist pittsburgh it's because of Crosby and Malkin,Washington because of Ovechkin.The Devils should be contracted.they are bs just like their stupid fans.Too bad the Oilers don't play them this year.I 'd get to beat up some pathetic Devils fans.Gretzky was right Mickey Mouse team.

It's quite hard to hear you from the cellar of the Northwest Division.

Last time I checked, the Oilers have lost 7 of 9.

Edited by CHICO IS GOD, 31 December 2006 - 04:28 PM.

Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#27 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

:rofl: Woh. I think John was angry when he posted that. LOL...he went to the Redskin game and the Oilers got beat down by the Canucks losing yet again.

:staying out of it:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#28 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:52 PM

oilers88cup,

I'd like to hear Pronger's take on your fine city. :P

Also is it me or does Gretz now own a mickey mouse team?

Edited by John Wensink, 31 December 2006 - 09:53 PM.

"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#29 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,957 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

You are a clown. Just go back to your Oilers message board.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#30 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

The devils have NEVER drawn anything except flies.

True, especially in the 2000-01 season, when they averaged 15,642 and the Oilers averaged 15,612 per game.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#31 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

True, especially in the 2000-01 season, when they averaged 15,642 and the Oilers averaged 15,612 per game.

<JESTER>

Actually the Devils outdrew Edmonton every year from 94-95 until 98-99. Let's not allow facts to stand in the way of the morons argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users