10 replies to this topic

#1 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:46 AM

Just yesterday, threads started lighting back when I refreshed as if there were new posts, even though there aren't. Even now, there are threads being displayed as if I haven't read them, but the last post in the thread is mine! It is happening on both my home computer and my work computer, and I'm definitely logged in.

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's not a huge deal, but it is making it hard for me to tell what I've read and what I haven't.
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#2 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:56 AM

refresh? :blink:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#3 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:17 AM

refresh? :blink:

Hit the refresh button to reload the page...

#4 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

Just yesterday, threads started lighting back when I refreshed as if there were new posts, even though there aren't. Even now, there are threads being displayed as if I haven't read them, but the last post in the thread is mine! It is happening on both my home computer and my work computer, and I'm definitely logged in.

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's not a huge deal, but it is making it hard for me to tell what I've read and what I haven't.

sometimes

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#5 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

Did your browser update recently? Maybe a setting got changed and now it doesn't reload the page (that is, grab a new copy from the server) so much as it refreshes the current cached copy. What are you using? IE, Firefox, Netscape, Opera...?

I don't have this problem, but then again, I usually look for new posts by clicking the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#6 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

Did your browser update recently? Maybe a setting got changed and now it doesn't reload the page (that is, grab a new copy from the server) so much as it refreshes the current cached copy. What are you using? IE, Firefox, Netscape, Opera...?

I don't have this problem, but then again, I usually look for new posts by clicking the "View New Posts" link at the top of the page.

Internet Explorer, 7 at home and 6 at work. Neither has been updated in the last week or two. The problem behaves exactly the same on both computers, and had never happened before until lunchtime yesterday. It appears to still be occurring today.

It's weird, I'll read a few threads and hit refresh, and it will mark them as read. I'll repeat the process a few times, working my way through the list, until eventually the ones I'd marked as read earlier revert to being unread, even though there haven't been any new posts. If I leave and come back later, there appears to be no rhyme or reason to why threads are marked as read or unread, even though they don't have any new posts.

#7 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

Just checked, and it happens there as well. I left, closed the browser, came back and hit "View New Posts", and the first one on the list was this thread, in which the last post was mine, and the thread was marked as read before I exited.

#8 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

yeah, that's what I sed. refresh. :doh1:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#9 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

yeah, that's what I sed. refresh. :doh1:

As I said in the OP, the problem occurs when I hit refresh.

#10 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,501 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

Just to throw my 2 cents in. I've had this phenomenon happen when I'm logged into the site at the same time on 2 different computers. Otherwise I'm not experiencing anything like that.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#11 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

As I said in the OP, the problem occurs when I hit refresh.

Still happenin for me too.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users