#21 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

BUT a huge coach who know what to do to win championship
(and for madrid is start with all the ex-player as Beckham out !)

i know he's inherited a difficult situation but it wasnt exactly a losing team.. Im sure they will $$ help him..
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#22 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

Beckham is going to be a big disappointment for the casual fan that is just going to a game because of the hype around him. He is no Michael Jorden or Sidney Crosby, or to speak in soccer terms, no Pele or Maradona. As Moustic stated correctly his only big talent is shooting free kicks. If he were ugly and not married to a spice girl, nobody would give a crap about him.

#23 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

Ahaha :evil:
You've will never see Ronnie in US championship until he's 38 years old.
He's a Barça for loooong long time

Anyway, Beckham isn't a soccer player. He has a magical foot and he's a master of free-kick but that's it !
HE CAN'T PLAY SOCCER

He know how to do two thing :
- Freekick
- sell merchandising

I have to agree with you Moustic...I feel that all during his career, Beckham was overrated.Other than his Free kick...What else he has??
Posted Image

#24 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

I have to agree with you Moustic...I feel that all during his career, Beckham was overrated.Other than his Free kick...What else he has??

A spice wife

#25 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

He's hot.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#26 keano

keano

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

I think your being very harsh. A rubbish player wouldn't of had the chance to play for Man Utd, Real Madrid and captain his country! He has immense work rate, an expert in keeping possession, the best in the world at free-kicks, corners and long range passing. Not mention the influence hes going to have on the team. (... and what Liz said as well)

So just please give the guy a break, he's just trying to improve a sport in a country. If he fails, so what. At least he can say he tried at an age where he could of continued at a high level in Europe.

Edited by keano, 15 July 2007 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Die_Hard_Devil

Die_Hard_Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Does that meen he'll play for the US team in the world cup?
Posted Image

" Elias Holds and Drives Scoooooores!!!! [Doc Emrick] "" Haho Baby, Patrick, You are Dominating Man, ill tell U Not Only Did the Goal get Scored But there was going to be a Penalty" [ Chico]

Posted Image

#28 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing him play against the Red Bull at Giants Stadium. It's going to be a big crowd and should be a lot of fun. I do hope most of the crowd cheers for the Red Bull though and not the Galaxy just cause Beckham is on it but that is probably what will happen.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 16 July 2007 - 02:57 PM.

#29 keano

keano

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:20 PM

Does that meen he'll play for the US team in the world cup?

:D No hes always going to play for England. In fact he wont be able to play in the two rival matches vs Chivas because of International duties. He's on most of the 24hr news channels right now because he is training... CRAZY!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users