4 replies to this topic

#1 GOLDORAK

GOLDORAK

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

I'm seriously thinking about full season tickets for the first year in Newark (2007-2008). I would acquire 2 seats for each game. The problem for me is I live rather far away and could not possibly attend every game. I'm looking to attend between 10-14 games for the year. Would anyone be interested in purchasing some of these games (both seats) at face value less the season ticket holder discount?

Basically, I would let you have a crack at whatever games you wanted (first come, first serve) minus the home opener and a few (not all) weekend games; weekends are best for me to attend, but I can still be very flexible. To further sweeten the incentive, I would give you extra games for free if you purchased multiple games. So, for instance, if you buy five games I throw in a sixth for free. If you buy eight games I throw in two for free. The seats would probably be the equivalent of the $35 variety now at CAA....upper level either behing the net or in the corner. Boiling it down, if you buy eight from me at $63 per game (35 times 2 less 10% discount...I'm guessing on the discount) it would cost $504 and I throw in two extra games for free bringing your per ticket cost to $25.20 per game.

I realize this is still pretty far off, but I'd like to see if there is any interest before I make a decision.

PM me if interested.

#2 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:52 AM

I'm seriously thinking about full season tickets for the first year in Newark (2007-2008). I would acquire 2 seats for each game. The problem for me is I live rather far away and could not possibly attend every game. I'm looking to attend between 10-14 games for the year. Would anyone be interested in purchasing some of these games (both seats) at face value less the season ticket holder discount?

Basically, I would let you have a crack at whatever games you wanted (first come, first serve) minus the home opener and a few (not all) weekend games; weekends are best for me to attend, but I can still be very flexible. To further sweeten the incentive, I would give you extra games for free if you purchased multiple games. So, for instance, if you buy five games I throw in a sixth for free. If you buy eight games I throw in two for free. The seats would probably be the equivalent of the $35 variety now at CAA....upper level either behing the net or in the corner. Boiling it down, if you buy eight from me at $63 per game (35 times 2 less 10% discount...I'm guessing on the discount) it would cost $504 and I throw in two extra games for free bringing your per ticket cost to $25.20 per game.

I realize this is still pretty far off, but I'd like to see if there is any interest before I make a decision.

PM me if interested.

If you don't mind sitting a little higher, why not a partial weekend plan? My plan this year is 18 games all on weekends.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#3 GOLDORAK

GOLDORAK

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

If you don't mind sitting a little higher, why not a partial weekend plan? My plan this year is 18 games all on weekends.

Thanks for the advice, Rock. My main goal with this is to get to see Opening Night at the new arena. I don't think any of the partial plans will include that night. I don't mind buying full season tickets, but I surely can't use them all and would hate to see them go to waste. Plus, it would be nice not to have to bear the financial burden of an entire season.

#4 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for the advice, Rock. My main goal with this is to get to see Opening Night at the new arena. I don't think any of the partial plans will include that night. I don't mind buying full season tickets, but I surely can't use them all and would hate to see them go to waste. Plus, it would be nice not to have to bear the financial burden of an entire season.

I could have got opening night with my partials this year, and all the weeknight Ranger games. They were extra games on the invoice. Of course you probably wouldn't be sitting in your regular seats, but you still get a crack at purchasing them before the general public. B ) Best thing to do is call the Devils and ask them if they are doing partials next year (when the ticket plan comes out) and if you get a crack at opening night. (They may laugh at you, as they did me in the fall of 1987, when I asked: "If I purchase these partials do I get first crack at playoff tickets?" I had the last laugh and a very enjoyable playoff run! ) :koolaid:

Edited by Rock, 29 January 2007 - 09:10 PM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#5 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

Stubb Hub but you'll pay out the arse.

Ya might drop 500-1000 for tix but what is that compared to a season and the potential loss :noclue:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users