• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn

Quinn

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

Im new to the site, so i figured what better way to be welcomed by everyone listing who and why they are their favorite devils player.

Ive always loved marty, just like any other devils fan, but this season, ive started loving Cam Jannsen more and more each time he gets out on the ice and beats the hell out of someone. haha

What about you guys?

#2 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:36 PM

My fave Devils is Lou..because he IS the ultimate Devil....

Other than that, Marty because he owns..all
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#3 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

I like the old school guys, my current fav is Madden cuz he's a shorthanded threat. I dig that!

One of my favorite Devils all time is Alexander Semak cuz he was the man in 93 when I played SEGA on a Med cruise season and whipped up on peeps and shouted Saaaaaa-MACK! when I used him to score a goal. :evil:

Favoritists are Daneyko cuz HE IS/WAS a Devil forever and Scotty cuz he is the best hitter ever to play. :evil:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#4 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

I like the old school guys, my current fav is Madden cuz he's a shorthanded threat. I dig that!

My dad's favorite player is Madden. I like him too though.

Ummm back in the day I loved Randy McKay. I don't know why, but he was my favorite when I was like 10. And of course Scott Stevens and Ken Daneyko. Annnnnd Zach Parise. Duh. :P

#5 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

Chris Terreri, Scott Clemmensen, Jay Pandolfo, Shawn Chambers, Zach Parise.

...what can I say, I like the underdogs.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#6 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:03 AM

jesus is my favorite devil! :thumbsup:
i love rob scrlac and sergei of corse
You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time.
Gordie Howe

Keeper of everyone's obsession with my ass.

MARTY'S NEXT EX

R.I.P. Jill Ann Walker 11/12/73-9/18/02

BITCH I'M GORDIE!

Posted Image he may not be a hockey player, but he's still pretty great

#7 VITO

VITO

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:06 AM

Marty and Stevens!
I liked Holik in the early years + Claude Lemieux and Richer.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:54 AM

First and foremost Lou :hail:
but there are so many that have been favorites.
Pepe,Randy Dirk Diggler McKay, Sarge, Gionta, Stevens(see Lindros hit),
Dano,Marty,Johnny Mac,Chico, Parise, Langs,Elias,Cam(just bc he's Cam :D ).
I'll stop before I list the whole roster.

jesus is my favorite devil! :thumbsup:

Does he drive your Zamboni too

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#9 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:19 AM

#15 John MacLean...epitomized what the Devils were back in the mid 80s to mid 90s...a guy who, like the team, fought and scrapped for everything he got.

Kirk Muller said it best: "He's not Lemieux, but he's our Lemieux."

He had three straight seasons of 41 or more goals, starting in '88-'89...he looked like he might score 50 but tore his ACL during the '91-'92 preseason. He was never the same after that.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#10 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:22 AM

Neids is my favorite Devil of all time, With Rolston a very close 2nd...

Not sure I have a favorite on the team right now...its weird, usually there is a Devil I llve and a Devil I hate... but there is neither right now...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#11 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:54 AM

I think my favorite is obvious. Just look at my avatar (it's Sarge). :clap:
Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#12 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:36 AM

ummm... Elias!?! lol

Others:
Janssen
Driver
Terreri
Lemuix
Stevens

Welcom btw.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#13 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

Well, I love Lou of course -- but there's no warmth there. I dont understand him but I trust his hockey sense. I'd just be a lot happier if I really knew how he thinks. I think he's colder and meaner than I's be confortable with as a favorite.

All-time - of course I love Stevens -- but mostly because he's underrated. I suppose at the end of the day he really isn't but all anyone points to are his hits and his leading on ice... no one ever says what he really does. I say no one can conceive his value so they just sort of give him his due but never fully because they can't say what it is he does -- so he gets underrated since no one can adequately defend any moron who thinks he doesn't bring much to the table. No appreciates how subdued and modest and selfless he is - how can a guy with such a hot head - like a fat Quinn wants a guy to go out there and showboat and take over a team -- but Scotty does what is asked of him - he's very considerate... but very opinionated and somehow things that are maybe sort of offensive and kind of bullying seem to sort of slip out but :noclue: :giggle: I dont know... He's just what hockey is all about from begining to end, in any era. He's wonderful :wub:

Favorite active Devil? I don't know -- I like little bits and peices of everyone's game. I have a new favorite practically every play I see. I trust them all. On ice I think everyone's motivation is really square and if you put everything I like about everyone into one hockey player ... it would be Scott Stevens! :evil:

I do think Niedermayer was probably the most talented Devil ever iced. Marty is a close second. :evil:

I'm here for the party

#14 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

Maddog/Pando, for the way they can just completely shut down an opposing teams top line and kill the penalties.

#15 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:07 PM

I'm not sure I have a favorite. :unsure: I'd have to really think about this. Hmmm favorite Devil. I'll have to get back to you.

;)
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#16 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

I'm not sure I have a favorite. :unsure: I'd have to really think about this. Hmmm favorite Devil. I'll have to get back to you.

;)

Scott Clemmensen, right?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#17 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:06 PM

Valeri Zelepukin
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#18 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

Brodeur, Stevens, Langenbruner, Gionta, Pandolfo, Madden, Elias, Paul Martin, Gilmour, and Arnott.

Honorable Mention go to Rassy and Pederson
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#19 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

Scott Clemmensen, right?

I do like the Devils goalie! Thanks RD for reminding me. But it's the other guy. :wub:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#20 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

Brodeur, Stevens, Langenbruner, Gionta, Pandolfo, Madden, Elias, Paul Martin, Gilmour, and Arnott.

Honorable Mention go to Rassy and Pederson

Denis Pederson? Now THERE'S an odd choice...he still in the NHL?

Helluva nice guy I gotta say.

I do like the Devils goalie! Thanks RD for reminding me. But it's the other guy. :wub:

Oh, Frank Doyle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users