MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:53 PM

http://sports.yahoo....hl/players/1468

Would not be a bad pick up.

I did see Lou walk out of his box with someone that didnt look familar with the Devils orginazation, that couldve been the scout from columbos.

maybe pelley and Hale for Berard and a pick? Berard is 6-2 220. 29 years of age. Only played in 10 games this year though. Wouldnt be a bad thing. Lou likes to sure up his defense before the playoffs. He would have to give up his #4 on his jersey though, ;).

Berard sucks, let it go.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 DevilFisch

DevilFisch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:54 PM

Players put on waivers.
Bryan Berard
Brian Boucher
Niko Kapanen
Michael Leighton
Aaron Downey
Petr Cajanek
Marc Chouinard
Jason Krog
Denis Hamel

The list may get longer by the end of today.

Oh, how the mighty has fallen. I wonder where Boucher would end up next? Perhaps back in Philadelphia?

I remember Cajanek being pretty good, I'd be surprised if no one picks him up.
Believe it or not, I'm a Devils fan.
IN LOU WE TRUST - A Devils blog.

#43 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

Wasn't Lou interested in Cajanek a few years ago?

Petr Cajanek

2006/07 Compensation: $1,700,000.00

Edited by Elias26, 26 February 2007 - 12:57 PM.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#44 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

Berard has been put on waivers along with some others that are available out there.

Players put on waivers.
Bryan Berard
Brian Boucher
Niko Kapanen
Michael Leighton
Aaron Downey
Petr Cajanek
Marc Chouinard
Jason Krog
Denis Hamel

Has this been confirmed anywhere? And no, Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is not a reliable source :P

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#45 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:01 PM

I doubt Lou was ever interested in a soft Slovak who can't score goals. He's on waivers for a reason - he's not very good. He's like German Titov but worse defensively.

EDIT - RD, yes, the waiver list is on TSN now.

Edited by Triumph, 26 February 2007 - 01:01 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#46 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:05 PM

I doubt Lou was ever interested in a soft Slovak who can't score goals. He's on waivers for a reason - he's not very good. He's like German Titov but worse defensively.

Never mind. I looked it up. I was thinking of Mike Eastwood (who is retired). Dont ask how the heck I confused the two. I think because the rumor was during the trade deadline of 03 when both were on the Blues :noclue:

Edited by Elias26, 26 February 2007 - 01:11 PM.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#47 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

Thanks Tri.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#48 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:31 PM

Berard has been put on waivers along with some others that are available out there.

Players put on waivers.
Bryan Berard
Brian Boucher
Niko Kapanen
Michael Leighton
Aaron Downey
Petr Cajanek
Marc Chouinard
Jason Krog
Denis Hamel

I'd say out of those Kapanen ($800,000) is worth a look. He kind of reminds me of Brylin.

#49 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:42 PM

I'd say out of those Kapanen ($800,000) is worth a look. He kind of reminds me of Brylin.

That would be aquiring someone for the sake of it.

Kapanen wont bring anything to this team, he is to small, dosnt score much, and isnt overly physical.

$800,000 is way to much as well.

We have several players better than him on our roster and in lowell who could do what he does.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#50 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

Berard sucks. I don't want a defenseman with one eye.

#51 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

There are no forwards available that interest me, and we're not going to make any adjustments to our top 3 lines anyway, nor should we. If anything, we might pick up a veteran d-man, but I don't even think that's a big necessity, since Matvichuk should be ready to go soon. Plus there's no cap room. I'd be absolutely fine if Lou stood pat. That's my take.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

Maybe he's not very good but I don't get why the Blues put him on waivers, it's not like they have nine thousand prospects waiting for icetime. 34 points in 57 games isn't that terrible and he's a +2 this year.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:51 PM

Maybe he's not very good but I don't get why the Blues put him on waivers, it's not like they have nine thousand prospects waiting for icetime. 34 points in 57 games isn't that terrible and he's a +2 this year.

Save money, get someone else ice time. It's probably penny wise and pound foolish. Honestly I don't see a playoff team picking him up.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#54 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

This, of course, after he used a caller to the Mike and the Mad Dog radio program as a primary source for Guerin to the Islanders.

That's only after claimed Barry Melrose said that in his interview with Mike and the Mad Dog even through WFAN had already put the interview on their website for anyone in the world to listen and be able tell that Melrose never said any such thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users