36 replies to this topic

#21 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

I will make a prediction that the devils smash the leafs if they meet in the playoffs. 4-1 or 4-2.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#22 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

Yeah the leafs have balls.

The're small, white, dimpled, and have the word Titleist written across them in black script.
Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#23 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

then go root for the leafs..have fun. Ill enjoy this so called-weak team challenge for top spot every year.

Change that to barely won. And, we had Stevens.

what a pathetic sentence, absolute garbage.

#24 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

I think the person that started this thread should stay a laffs fan, and drop the devils.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#25 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:34 PM

All I am saying is that it will be very hard to play against that same Toronto (for example) in the playoff for the aforementioned reasons. I am concerned.

Toronto isn't making the playoffs so it is a non-issue.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#26 swampdevil

swampdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:41 PM

Remember the Domi elbow to Niedermeyers head a few years ago?
Not comparing the plays at all...but lets just say these things have a way of coming full circle.
NEW JERSEY, The most american of all states.It has everything from wilderness to the mafia.All the great things and all the worst.For example..............Route 22. - Jean Shepard : 1970 Newark Sunday news

#27 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

Remember the Domi elbow to Niedermeyers head a few years ago?
Not comparing the plays at all...but lets just say these things have a way of coming full circle.

What, like hockey karma? What will the Devils suffer for this? and when?
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#28 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

When I see the Leafs playing any other team than the Devils, I root for the Leafs. Why? Because that team has balls and they are exciting to watch. Sometimes they play on pure determination, they crash the net, create havoc, and a lot of times it works. A lot of times they simply outwill a more polished, higher-ranked, and talented opposition (hello, Ottawa!). They actually remind me of some Devils teams of years past who also lacked talent and firepower, but still won.

With the departure of Stevens, Daneyko, McKay, Holik, Arnott, Lemieux, do we have enough mean SOBs on our team to be able to intimidate the opposition like we used to and not get pushed around? I somehow often get the feeling that no, we do not. The only intimidating defenseman we have is White; the only "power forward" is Rupp (sorry, I can't call Elias or Gomez a "power forward"). Last night, the Devils got pushed around in the third by the Leafs team who did not even have Tucker and Belak on the ice... I hope the Devils are tougher than they looked last night. We'll find out in five weeks or so.

As for the Janssen's hit -- yeah, it was late; Cam should have at least slowed down. And to think that out of all the people we hate on the Leafs, like the knee-hunting cheap-shot scumbag Tucker, we put a likable Kaberle in the hospital. Or why can't it be Hollweg, Kasparaitis, or Hatcher in other games? Cam, there are plenty of guys who actually deserve to have their heads knocked off and who caused injury to some Devils players -- try to aim for those.

Why do the Loaf$ have balls? Because the only guy who ripped into Janssen was NOT even playing that night?

:doh1:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#29 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:37 PM

With the departure of Stevens, Daneyko, McKay, Holik, Arnott, Lemieux, do we have enough mean SOBs on our team to be able to intimidate the opposition like we used to and not get pushed around? I somehow often get the feeling that no, we do not. The only intimidating defenseman we have is White; the only "power forward" is Rupp (sorry, I can't call Elias or Gomez a "power forward"). Last night, the Devils got pushed around in the third by the Leafs team who did not even have Tucker and Belak on the ice... I hope the Devils are tougher than they looked last night. We'll find out in five weeks or so.

Bump. To re-iterate.
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#30 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:21 PM

Bump. To re-iterate.

Good bump, dmitri. VERY GOOD.

#31 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

And it's not all about intimidation. It's about mental toughness, emotion and desire. We're just not seeing enough of it. Tough to watch.

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:10 AM

Last night had nothing to do with 'guts' though, if Marty stops those two ridiculously soft goals (the 1st and 3rd) we're sitting here after a 2-1 win, outshooting the Lightning 32-24 and having a 2-1 series lead.

And the Leafs really showed guts missing the playoffs for the second straight year, didn't they?

Edited by Hasan4978, 17 April 2007 - 07:10 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#33 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:33 AM

Last night had nothing to do with 'guts' though, if Marty stops those two ridiculously soft goals (the 1st and 3rd) we're sitting here after a 2-1 win, outshooting the Lightning 32-24 and having a 2-1 series lead.

And the Leafs really showed guts missing the playoffs for the second straight year, didn't they?

Brodeur was awful, but there's a determination that's necessary to win in the NHL playoffs that is missing from the Devils right now.

I know one thing. I just can't listen to the Devil players talk about bounces and breaks. It's BS.

#34 davemaleyfan

davemaleyfan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:25 AM

Obviously it was a sign of things to come.....not good.

Looking at those mid 90's to early 2000 teams, we were spoiled with the ability to watch a gritty team that had the ability to back it up. Brian Rafalski's half-hearted attempt at coming to the aid of Brylin after the hit early last night doesn't exactly send a message...if it does, I don't know what the message is.

Rhetorical question......if Cam Janssen is in the lineup last night, does Paul Ranger keep that in the back of his mind? probably not. After falling in love with this team way back when BECAUSE of their ability to play as nasty as anyone in the league, watching them be pushed around by a team that's not even known for it's physical play is absolutely gut wrenching.
"....but you're here alone, there's no one to compete"

Posted Image
Official keeper of Dave Maley
Official keeper of Section 235, Row 10, Seat 2

#35 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:32 AM

Watching them be pushed around by a team that's not even known for it's physical play is absolutely gut wrenching.

It's hard to take.

#36 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

Rhetorical question......if Cam Janssen is in the lineup last night, does Paul Ranger keep that in the back of his mind? probably not. After falling in love with this team way back when BECAUSE of their ability to play as nasty as anyone in the league, watching them be pushed around by a team that's not even known for it's physical play is absolutely gut wrenching.

No but he would of payed for it and sometimes that is what needs to be done.
Rupp would of been the only choice to send a message but that never happened. :(

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#37 bxdevilsom

bxdevilsom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

seriously stop crying about a hit. :evilcry: everyone else here is right, why didn't your guys go after him? the leafs are garbage, so go root for them. by the way, i was watching the nashville game last night and saw arnott. one of my favs, but we have so many good players on this time, there's not reason why we shouldn't make it past this round. none.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users