59 replies to this topic

#21 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

Just to point out, I was 10 years old when Gretz retired and didn't quite see past the fact that he was a Ranger then.

But, so far, Crosby and Marty are so much fun to watch every night, how differently they play the game from everyone else.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#22 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:30 AM

Gretz, Trottier, Gilbert.

#23 empulse27

empulse27

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

Favorite non-Devil of all-time has to be Cam Neely... the unique type of player that is missing from the game today. The most balanced skill player of all-time if you ask me. He could score, pass, hit, fight. Cam Neely is the man.
Posted Image
of Randy McKay
of the old video intro song "Standing in Motion" by Yanni

#24 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:01 PM

John Vanbiesbrouk was my first favorite player, when he drafted for the expansion Panthers team.

It's funny how little I cared when he actually became a Devil...

All time favorite player to never wear a Devils jersey is probably Patrick Roy (I'm a goalie fan I guess)

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#25 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

ALL TIME GRETZ
NOW SID THE KID & DRURY
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#26 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:24 PM

Theo Fleury. Heart, guts, insanity!
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#27 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:33 PM

Fun topic! :)

My all-time favorite player will always be Dale Hawerchuk, didn't get to see a whole lot of him growing up but I always loved him.

My young-guns pick goes to LA's Anze Kopitar, the kid is slick!
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#28 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

Bobby Orr....Jarri Kurri....Markus Naslund......Tiger Williams....Kevin Bieksa....on and on....

...Colby Genoway... :evil:

Back when he was with Quebec/Colorado and Montreal, Jocelyn Thibault was my favorite non-Devil for reasons that are extremely lame to everyone but me (and I'll admit they're lame to me at times :P). I haven't given the question any serious thought in ages, but I've always had a healthy respect for Mats Sundin, despite the team he plays for. Same goes for Mike Richter.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#29 Eltab213

Eltab213

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

Nik Lidstrom. The guy dominates the league defensively every year and never complains/bitches ala Jagr or Hull. If there is one person in the NHL I'de like to see playing on the Devils its Lidstrom.
Posted Image

Official Keeper of Pascal Rheume
Official Keeper of Valeri Kamensky
Official Keeper of Alexander Korolyuk

#30 brodeurgirl30

brodeurgirl30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

This is really random, but Peter Skudra. He played goalie for the Greensboro Monarchs (ECHL) when I was in high school. I snuck into the booster club catering deal they had after every game. The players would come down and hang out with the boosters for awhile. He talked to me with his broken English quite a bit. He actually did a stint in the NHL for the Penguins, Bruins, and Canucks but never made it and I think went back home to Latvia.

Posted Image

As far as a more well known player, Patrick Roy.

I guess I love goalies, too.

Edited by brodeurgirl30, 24 March 2007 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Brodeur's 2002 Olympic Gold Medal
The kisses on the back of Marty's mask
Travis Zajac

After Marty got so mad at his sons for throwing thunderstick packages onto the ice during a
Devils / Rangers game~
"I explained to them that by doing what they had done, they were basically acting like Rangers fans." ~Marty Brodeur - Beyond the Crease

#31 LOULAM1

LOULAM1

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:31 PM

Theo Fleury. Heart, guts, insanity!

Drunk! :beerbang: All the time! Would love to throw a few down with him as he was unreal in the late 80's to about the mid 90's before all the abuse caught up to him.

Still one of my Fav's of all time next to Bossy.

#32 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

I didn't see Orr anough to say him, but he's been a great ambassador. Have to say Gretzky, even though he called us Mickey Mouse (even if he was right). Raised the conciousness of the sport, most talented player I've ever seen and married a babe. What's not to like?
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#33 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

Mine are Yzerman, Briere and LeCavalier.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#34 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

The Hanson Brothers :D

#35 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

The Hanson Brothers :D

Ok. Erik Cole and The Hanson's brothers.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#36 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:01 PM

from a pure skill and fun to watch fly point of view i would say elias' bud havlat...

other than that since domi retired it's a toss up between darcy tucker, ryan hollweg, and sean avery...
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#37 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:02 AM

hmmmm....besides the great one, I think mine would be Teemu Selanne. He is really fun to watch and has an uncanny ability to score from anywhere.
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#38 devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:34 AM

Joe Sakic.

#39 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:36 AM

...Colby Genoway... :evil:

LMAO, if he wasn't playing so weak maybe...you know it's unfortunate in a way that I know so much about hockey...I watch his games and all I can see if flaws...and the way he does his shift changes drives me absa-freakin-lutely INSANE! And he's not a d-man or goalie..I have trouble rooting for wingers...:rant:

Theo Fluery..YES! :koolaid: You know every guy from Manitoba is a freakin nutcase..Eddie, Theo, Ronny Hextall (my mom witnessed him get the crap beat out of him in the main bar in our hometown) Aaron Asham..but he can't help it because his family is REAL sketchy...
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#40 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:24 AM

Past: Ray Bourque and Joe Hall ( Because he is the only English player in the HHOF :P )

Current: Danny Alfredsson, Ales Hemsky and Rusty Klesla.

There are so many good players to watch in the NHL now, its hard to choose.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users