63 replies to this topic

#41 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

That video is amazing. That should deffinatly go up in Hell for a short while.

On a seriouse note:

I have been thinking about this thread latley, whilst browsing the numerouse "garbage" threads in Hell,

I browsed the forums for a good long while before i decided to post, to get to know the Dynamic of the board, i think a lot of the new posters just come straight in and think that its a free for all.

I know its UFA season but its becoming a joke.

Heopfully things will calm down.

BTW this is still the best Devils forum on the net by a mile.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#42 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

On a seriouse note:

I have been thinking about this thread latley, whilst browsing the numerouse "garbage" threads in Hell,

I browsed the forums for a good long while before i decided to post, to get to know the Dynamic of the board, i think a lot of the new posters just come straight in and think that its a free for all.

I did the same, I was reading this forum for at least a few weeks before finally posting.

You hate to snap at someone for being enthusiastic about the Devils, but the last few weeks have been a little nuts. And I've only been here since February, so I can't really imagine what some of the elder folks feel.

Is there an actual forum rules thread? (Searching for one provides nothing, unless I'm using the wrong terms). If so, maybe pinning it at the top of Hell for awhile, so when the ahem...idiot threads, for lack of a better term...start showing up, there's a hard and fast set of rules that can be pointed to? It doesn't have to be mean (a text version of that video posted earlier would probably be fine) but those who continue to ignore said rules could then be dealt with appropriately.

Just a suggestion to kind of make order of the chaos without overloading our fearless leaders :koolaid:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#43 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

What I also think is happening is the younger crowd from Devilsrule is coming over to here because Bill reset the forums there.

The weak threads will slow down once they hit the boards more moderate equilibrium (aside from losses,trades) .

#44 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

What I also think is happening is the younger crowd from Devilsrule is coming over to here because Bill reset the forums there.

The weak threads will slow down once they hit the boards more moderate equilibrium (aside from losses,trades) .

You're very level-headed DM. Probably a good thing you run this place and not some of us. :thumbsup:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#45 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:36 AM

On a seriouse note:

Actually..Ive been here since October..Yes i have 2accounts,Zajac is my other one..I used to post on my former account, but i didn't remember the password after 2weeks i didn't go on..So ,because of my English lack writing , i came to Njdevs.com(Mid-November to February)and only thing i would do is reading Topics/opinions.Therefore, during this year, i got better with my English(I got a 98% for my final English Writing exam..THANKS NJDEVS)!SO i thought maybe i could post 1 or 2sentences by a topic .....And get used to post 5+sentences.Now my English writing is less lacking, so i can post more with my own opinions.Maybe the new posters should do the same thing ' Don't post lot of Topics, reply to other topics and read other people opinion.Thats what i did and it really worked well..

Ps: I think i'm the youngest of the board..(16 in 3days)
Posted Image

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,493 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:22 AM

Ps: I think i'm the youngest of the board..(16 in 3days)

Don't worry... mentally you are 10-15 years ahead of a LOT of people on here now... (not to OMG.. like... name names :lol: , but just subtily toss cracks at one and point and laugh at the others!!)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#47 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image

(I got a 98% for my final English Writing exam..THANKS NJDEVS)! - TravisZajac

DM! You gotta add this to the NJDevs.com banners!!!! And maybe to your sig too!!!

Posted Image

That's AWESOME Zajac! :clap2: Way to go dude!!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#48 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

Peut-etre nous devrons changer a francais juste avant mon prochaine test d'ecrit. :)
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#49 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

Peut-etre nous devrons changer a francais juste avant mon prochaine test d'ecrit. :)

Not too bad except 'Devrions' and a=au , but still your good :P

Posted Image
DM! You gotta add this to the NJDevs.com banners!!!! And maybe to your sig too!!!

Posted Image
That's AWESOME Zajac! :clap2: Way to go dude!!

Hey thanks :evil: Seriously, it really helped me , since i got used to read lot of English because of Njdevs.com ! :P
Posted Image

#50 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

I don't know if relying on this forum for proper english is a good idea hehe. I will add the quote though.

#51 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

Yah, just look what it's done for ol' moustic! He does nothing but go on and on about bananas and cucumbers! :evil:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#52 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:07 PM

Yah, just look what it's done for ol' moustic! He does nothing but go on and on about bananas and cucumbers! :evil:

Well,my father his first language is English(He speaks french but not that well..) So...I also got some help for him O.O
Posted Image

#53 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

i got better with my English(I got a 98% for my final English Writing exam..THANKS NJDEVS

one small way the devils have effected someones life
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#54 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

I kinda get what you guys have been saying about the board lately..but everyone seems to think this means the demise of the board or the prediction of it's impending doom....don't get me wrong the ever flourishing idiocy that has run rampant in the last few weeks with the newbs has been getting on my nerves as well but I just think it needs to be combatted by the vets not losing their patience and maybe starting some relevant threads...it seems to often that the threads that are started by the newbies asking dumb questions seem to have the most replies by everyone saying how dumb it was...all that does is keep the topic at the top of the page while meaningful (and I use that term loosely) articles recounting the many mistakes lou has made this offseason :) seem to slip farther down...Sure we'll come across about a dozen kids trying to up their post count repeating headline after headline but if they are given the proper notice of the rules and eventually ignored then they'll simply move down the page and off to the wayside...besides the only way we can come across the LOTCB's and RD's or redrum's or Rowdy's is by letting the loyal, intelligent ones find their niche and contribute properly to important posts...even if it means tolerating (to a point of course) the eager young ones who want nothing more than to antagonize everyone...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#55 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:05 PM

And if something is really bad, use the report post button. I usually pop on right away when I get that notification.

#56 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

I kinda agree with you UDX...if you think a thread is pointless then perhaps just don't post in it, rather than posting in it and saying it is pointless....I mean lets face it, we know certain new members aren't actually READING other peoples posts anyway.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,493 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

How the HELL does Z-Man get credit for my video find !?!??!!? :rant: :rant: :rant:

this is a bigger travesty then all those people voting against me cause of my July 1 rant !!! :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#58 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

How the HELL does Z-Man get credit for my video find !?!??!!? :rant: :rant: :rant:

this is a bigger travesty then all those people voting against me cause of my July 1 rant !!! :P

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Posted Image

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#59 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,493 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

a$$hole !!! :P

:lol:

(yes people HE IS JOKING !!! :doh1: )

#60 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

I think this whole issue is really getting overblown. And my patience is quickly dwindling with everyone. Ok, we have had a lot of people joining. Not all of them have been bad posters, we have some new people who are now being made to feel like they should stick to lurking.

New people are needed to keep the community alive. This borderline request for every new persons threads to be locked and strict rules enabled are not what we are about here. YOU the posters have to bring up to the new person that something is done a certain way. Don't mock em they might not know what they did wrong. Post the duplicate link if you need to but dont go "OH GOD, these new PEOPLE SUCK."

You were all new once. Get over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users