26 replies to this topic

#21 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 04:06 PM

How they could fail to win the Cup: The only possible way the Devils could be eliminated is if their opponent somehow is able to shut down their forwards. They have had brief periods this year when they've struggled to score.

Thats damn generous.

#22 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 04:18 PM

Hey everyone, look I just want to say that I am sorry for bringing up trouble and I don't mean it as the Devils Suck or anything, because they do bring good competition to the Leafs but all of you should know that you would back up your team if someone was rattling your chain and that is all I meant it as. So to end this off, sorry again and I really do mean it. Thanx

Whew! What a run on!

;)
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#23 toronto_fan_09

toronto_fan_09

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 04:20 PM

Ok?
Love Always Nicole

Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?

Leafs Rock!!!!

#24 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 04:25 PM

It's okay. Welcome! :hi:
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 05:22 PM

Z-Man:

Teddy's going to eat these words, because Edmonton isn't making the playoffs. They're only 5 points ahead of LA, 6 ahead of Chicago and Nashville, and 7 ahead of Phoenix. Not to mention they just lost Mike York, and the team is playing horribly. One of those four teams will get hot and pass them.

Nashville's been white hot for about two months and they have a game in hand with Edmonton (as you probably know). They have a real shot at the playoffs now provided they stay hot. If that happens, you'd have to vote Trotz coach of the year, even over Jacques.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 shrubbery

shrubbery

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 06:02 PM

Of course she wasn't to the Devs. After all, I mean its not like the Leafs were ahead of the Devils in the East standings...

#27 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 06:19 PM

Lets grab the leaf-killer from the Habs... the one and only McKay :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users