31 replies to this topic

#1 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:42 PM

I just KNOW that I'm probably opening up a huge can of worms with this one, but does anyone (CRASHER?) know the results from Wrestlemania tonight? My usual haunts are overloaded and my poor computer can't handle the WWE main page. Anything interesting happen?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#2 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:50 PM

Cena beat HBK :puke: :evilcry:

Undertaker beat Batista

Lashley beat Ugmeda/McMahon is Bald!

ECW Originals beat the New Breed

Kennedy won MITB

Melina beat Ashley

Kaliah beat Kane
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:55 PM

Cena beat HBK :puke: :evilcry:

Undertaker beat Batista

Lashley beat Ugmeda/McMahon is Bald!

ECW Originals beat the New Breed

Kennedy won MITB

Melina beat Ashley

Kaliah beat Kane

Never once did I doubt that McMahon was losing that one.

Thanks for the info

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,289 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:50 AM

Im in my hotel room right now in Detroit. Thank god the Undertaker won because if he lost I would have never watched the WWE again. Cena making HBK tap to the stfu, which is one of the worst submission moves ever was horrendous. I hate Cena. Just fyi WrestleMania 24 is in Orlando, Florida.

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

This was clearly the worst Wrestlemania in some years though.....
Edge NOT winning Money in the Bank was lame (if I was writing the show he'd have won and cashed it in that night and walked off as champ), the match was goofd, but it seemed like an overdone spotfest with NO flow.... 8 people = too many in the match

Khalil/Kane... unwatchable as expected.....

Seeing Slick and the legends dance around backstge was nifty.... but you have a 4 hour PPV, and you can't make 10 minutes for a RIC FLAIR match and yoiu put this on?? Come on!!!!

Benoit/MVP was actually kinda OK.... shocked not only that Benoit won but HOW
(but then again I marked out and claimed ANYONE that does the ballin' taunt stolen by the Giants deserves continous German Suplexes until their neck snaps :P)

More Trump crap... DON'T CARE.....again you find time for the Boogeyman BUT NOT FLAIR... I hate you Vince

Hall of Fame intros... booed Dusty ... if ya weeeellllll... felt better!
Mr Fuji looked scary near death....

Undertaker/DAVE was better then expected, but Mister Calloway does always put his working boots on for Mania... and the right guy won the match... Dave SUCKS, and Taker deserves his lil legacy....

ECW Originals vs New Breed....
well at this point my stomach was acting up....I looked at the time and figured if I left now went home used a clean bathroom and came back, I'd not miss much..... I turned out to be right but had more time then i expected, missed this match and the Vince/Trump thing which I could care less about either....

Women's Match... with useless women standing outside.... did I mention about finding a way to put that worthless Kelley Kelley on and NOT Flair yet???
This too... pretty bad... not Melina's fault, she can go and have a decent match.... Ahsley should be flipping burgers within a year if we are lucky....

Cena/HBK:
This was actually VERY good, and delivered in many ways, the slow pace added to the BIG TIME feel of this one (second year in a row Cena's done that)...very back and forth and had 5 spots at the end you SWORE it was over at... I may be no John Cena fan (though the girls in the place seemed to love him :noclue: ), but I'll give him his due... he's delivered two years in a row...

by FAR the best match on the card... hell mighta been the ONLY good one on the card...

like I said, crappy 'Mania all over the place.....

BTW, full blown and funny as hell recap of the event :)
http://wrestling.ins...lemania-07.html

(no not by me :P)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

(sorry... I enjoy the show)

; )

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

well mister moustique, thou art a better man then II :hail:

I found it to be excessivley average and I am glad I didn't pay nor even eat really to watch this sucker, I left a $15 tip to be nice for taking the seat, and didn't even that much money back in it... I think I am buying the DVD for the HOF Ceremony at the most!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#8 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

well mister moustique, thou art a better man then II

ahem... :blink:
No i'm not..

Anyway... it was watchable (except the Kane/Khali & Diva matchs .... very very... AWFUL)

But the MitB match was nice (with a incredible spot with Edge & Jeff Hardy... one more for this two), USA championship was impressive with a good set of move and counter by both wrestlers, For once, i found Batista not useless (maybe his better match since looooong time) and HBK/Cena was sloppy at the beginning and start to be damn good after 10 mn... same end as last year (Cena destroy all Dx with the same lame move) but baaaa... pretty good show after all !

#9 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

Dark Match: Flair and Carlito beat Shane Helms and Chavo Guererro.

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

Dark Match: Flair and Carlito beat Shane Helms and Chavo Guererro.

And again it's a TOTAL disgrace that a legend like Flair is in a WHO CARES Dark Match, while the sluts, whores, has beens, never weres and Donald Trump are on the 65 minutes too long 4 hour PPV.....

*ugh*

#11 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,289 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:11 AM

I wasn't for the Trump thing either when I found out it was going to happen but it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The match wasn't really that bad, it was one of Lashley's better matches, plus Trump really didn't do anything but talk and hit Vince a few times, he also took a stunner which I respect him for since he didn't have to do that. Plus you had Austin back for some entertainment and seeing Vince getting his head shaved was too funny. Give it a chance Crasher it wasn't that bad. Now Shawn tapping out to Cena's stfu aka crappy submission move was the worst part of the night, yes even worse than Khali crushing Kane and standing on him to get a 3 count.

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

I wasn't for the Trump thing either when I found out it was going to happen but it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The match wasn't really that bad, it was one of Lashley's better matches, plus Trump really didn't do anything but talk and hit Vince a few times, he also took a stunner which I respect him for since he didn't have to do that. Plus you had Austin back for some entertainment and seeing Vince getting his head shaved was too funny. Give it a chance Crasher it wasn't that bad. Now Shawn tapping out to Cena's stfu aka crappy submission move was the worst part of the night, yes even worse than Khali crushing Kane and standing on him to get a 3 count.

I think what's made it unbearable for me is how Vince's stupid and out of date ego has turned a mild novelty match into what was billed as the MAIN ATTRACTION FOR THE SHOW... and it wasn't even about the flipping MATCH anymore at that point.... it was about Vince and this other rotten old guy who hates the business and came out and said so on many occasions!!! You know what happened to the "WWE doesn't need celebrites, the WRESTLERS are now the celebrites ???: :noclue:

I'll buy it on DVD cause I own them all on DVD I may watch it once and that's it... and in the future when I think of this show the only thing I will really think of is Cena/HBK

and people need to start being fair to Cena now... this is two years in a row he DELIVERED on Wrestlemania at the highest level at the highest stage !!!

#13 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,289 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:14 PM

and people need to start being fair to Cena now... this is two years in a row he DELIVERED on Wrestlemania at the highest level at the highest stage !!!

No, he sucks. HBK carried his ass through the match as did HHH last year. Those 2 guys could make me look like I had a good match. They are trying to make Cena become sorta a new Hogan for kids. He gets his ass kicked the whole match than comes back and does a few moves and wins. The only difference is you never heard Hogan get booed or a Hogan sucks chant when he was a face.

#14 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

And again it's a TOTAL disgrace that a legend like Flair is in a WHO CARES Dark Match, while the sluts, whores, has beens, never weres and Donald Trump are on the 65 minutes too long 4 hour PPV.....

*ugh*

Hence why I did not order it! Like Bobby Heenan said: "Its Unfair to Flair".

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#15 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

No, he sucks. HBK carried his ass through the match as did HHH last year. Those 2 guys could make me look like I had a good match. They are trying to make Cena become sorta a new Hogan for kids. He gets his ass kicked the whole match than comes back and does a few moves and wins. The only difference is you never heard Hogan get booed or a Hogan sucks chant when he was a face.

Fans were dumber back then
People believed everything the TV told you to do... they said.. CHEER THIS GUY he's a great American and who cares that he can't wrestle better then a plate of cheap wings? We say YOU MUST LOVE HIM, and people do....

HHH pre-2000 Quad surgery I'd believe you on..... but I'm saying the INTENSITYand big match FEEL, and quite honesty it's become too much the "cool" thing to Boo Cena now.... I'm not saying I'm his biggest fan
but the man held his own end on the big stage again this year

PS, I've been booing Hogan since 1983 :P

Hence why I did not order it! Like Bobby Heenan said: "Its Unfair to Flair".

Agreed, but we go to hooters to watch WWE PPVs, so all we do is eat :koolaid:

Now TNA PPVs we get at my house!!
Lockdown's got me sorta pumped up now.... if only they toss Russo into the electric steel cage!!! :clap:

#16 XxLancerHockeyPridexX

XxLancerHockeyPridexX

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

Im surprised Crash wasnt the FIRST one in here. :rofl:
Now you trust me, I carry that so tight
I'll be there for you, if your wrong or your right
It doesn't matter, just reach out to me
I will never question, any opportunity to show you
And prove to you that I care, always you share and you've always been there
Your my best friend, it's easy to see
No matter how bad things in life can be..
...You've always got me...
Joshua James(06/20/08)

#17 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

HHH pre-2000 Quad surgery I'd believe you on..... but I'm saying the INTENSITYand big match FEEL, and quite honesty it's become too much the "cool" thing to Boo Cena now.... I'm not saying I'm his biggest fan

It was great in 06, Cena being booed out of the CAA as if he had a Rangers jersey on!

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#18 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,919 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

Im surprised Crash wasnt the FIRST one in here. :rofl:

I was too busy being sick from bad batches of wings and computer stress :P

I was the ONLY one to recap it though :thumbsup:

It was great in 06, Cena being booed out of the CAA as if he had a Rangers jersey on!

Oh I know I was there too... Angle was the most over guy in the place.... thing of beauty ;)

#19 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,289 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

I know everyone is talking about how Flair should have been on the card but there was no set up for a match for him and who the hell wants to see him fight Carlito yet again. Flair needed to retire a few years ago. He can't do what he use to be able to do in the ring anymore. He is only doing it because he got divorced and lost a lot of money.

#20 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,289 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

Fans were dumber back then
People believed everything the TV told you to do... they said.. CHEER THIS GUY he's a great American and who cares that he can't wrestle better then a plate of cheap wings? We say YOU MUST LOVE HIM, and people do....

PS, I've been booing Hogan since 1983 :P
Agreed, but we go to hooters to watch WWE PPVs, so all we do is eat :koolaid:

Even so you never heard the boos when Hogan came out and there was never a Hogan sucks chant that came threw the tv like it does to Cena almost every single show. People aren't dumb anymore either, they know Cena can't do sh!t in the ring and thats why he gets booed, children and most(not all) women like him cause they don't know any better. Same thing goes with Batista who is actually worse than Cena.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users