364 replies to this topic

#321 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:14 AM

I'm not going to even comment about that game, it's over and that's enough. Tomorrows a new day
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#322 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:47 AM

I'm swappin out my Avatart. She was spent after game one. :doh1:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#323 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

this is so 100% accurate i can only say i'm glad someone summed up marty so well. the happy go lucky attitude of brodeur is always his strength and weakness. i'm never concerned about what he says or how he comes off. with marty, it doesn't matter at all. he just has to stop the puck.

i'm bumping this from 5 years ago for two reasons.

1) i fvcking hate brodeur right now but i've had 5 years to get there. his statements after the game upset me just as much as his play

2) the TB series ended up ok after the devils were down 2-1 and marty looked like ass.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#324 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

1) i fvcking hate brodeur right now but i've had 5 years to get there. his statements after the game upset me just as much as his play

2) the TB series ended up ok after the devils were down 2-1 and marty looked like ass.

Ah many memories your bringing back. Hopefully this series will have the same result.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#325 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

I am still too pissed to bother with anything any of these jackbags had to say after the game, so what did Marty have to say that was so disturbing? Also, I can't recall quite a soul crushing defeat in that Tampa series as tonight. When Carolina game 7 is the comparison... That's in another stratosphere of horrible.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#326 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

lol that's a random bump although there is one common denominator between that series and this one...the week Marty got off before the playoffs each time. That has hurt him in both cases, I believe.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#327 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I am still too pissed to bother with anything any of these jackbags had to say after the game, so what did Marty have to say that was so disturbing? Also, I can't recall quite a soul crushing defeat in that Tampa series as tonight. When Carolina game 7 is the comparison... That's in another stratosphere of horrible.

From the Tampa Bay series

Game 1 - 5-3 Win
Game 2 - 3-2 Loss
Game 3 - 3-2 Loss
Game 4 - 4-3 OT Win
Game 5 - 3-0 Win
Game 6 - 3-2 Win

#328 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Game 1 - 5-3 Win
Game 2 - 3-2 Loss
Game 3 - 3-2 Loss
Game 4 - 4-3 OT Win
Game 5 - 3-0 Win
Game 6 - 3-2 Win

Somewhat encourarging, but I still don't think any single loss in that series was as demoralizing as this one. I have my doubts they'll rebound from it. I would love to be wrong about that, but I have no faith in these guys right now. No faith.

#329 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

assuming you did not read other threads, marty assumed no blame and essentially through volchenkov under the bus for goal 1.

carolina game 7 was much worse. 2nd worst loss in franchise history to game 7 ECF 94.

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#330 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,445 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Game 1 - 5-3 Win
Game 2 - 3-2 Loss
Game 3 - 3-2 Loss
Game 4 - 4-3 OT Win
Game 5 - 3-0 Win
Game 6 - 3-2 Win

Devils blew a 3-1 lead in Game 4 but pulled out a win. My guess is they did that because they just had more winners on that team.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#331 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Devils blew a 3-1 lead in Game 4 but pulled out a win. My guess is they did that because they just had more winners on that team.

not sure that narrative is necessary.

i am hoping that it comes down to both teams reverting to "what they are" which should get the devils back in the win column.

20082719943.png
-

#332 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

assuming you did not read other threads, marty assumed no blame and essentially through volchenkov under the bus for goal 1.

carolina game 7 was much worse. 2nd worst loss in franchise history to game 7 ECF 94.

Yeah, I saw that and I just read he had no idea why he was pulled either. So he's either delusional or he's just a liar. Carolina game 7 was much worse obviously, but this is the type of loss that can turn a series in a team's favor and I'm afraid that's what's happened.

#333 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,445 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, I saw that and I just read he had no idea why he was pulled either. So he's either delusional or he's just a liar. Carolina game 7 was much worse obviously, but this is the type of loss that can turn a series in a team's favor and I'm afraid that's what's happened.

Let's see how well the Panthers do when their power play isn't running at 50%.

#334 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

You guys are making it more of a big deal than it is. The question asked was he surprised. He responded, "a little bit" due to the fact that the game was tied. I wonder if Marty has ever been pulled in his career when the Devils have not been losing. He also said that whatever Pete's reasoning was probably a good one.

The Volchenkov comment, I thought was fine too, he asked if the original shot may have handcuffed him, and he said that's what he wanted to do.

Listen Marty needs to get his game back or this team is done, but I'm not gonna kill him for any post-game comments tonight.

They get swept in the second round.

Edited by devilsrule33, 18 April 2012 - 12:34 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#335 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Fans put way too much stock in what athletes say to the media. Marty got pulled, I'm sure it got to him.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#336 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Over an 82 game season no one can realistically expect their powerplay to stay at or around 50%.

Over a 7-game series, it is certainly possible, and they only have to do it to get 4 wins and they are halfway there.

#337 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,445 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Over an 82 game season no one can realistically expect their powerplay to stay at or around 50%.

Over a 7-game series, it is certainly possible, and they only have to do it to get 4 wins and they are halfway there.

It is incredibly unlikely to happen even over a 4 game stretch, much less a 7 game series.

#338 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

It is incredibly unlikely to happen even over a 4 game stretch, much less a 7 game series.

For once I hope you are right.

#339 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

marty got pulled, marty is a very proud man. i think he will stand on his head to pull a win even if the team plays like sh!t on game 4.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#340 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,813 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

how likely is it that Brodeur would let in 2 playoff overtime wraparound game winners to the same team within a 3 year stretch...oh yea it happened

what are the odds of Carolina game 7 2009 happening?

How about Carolina game 4 2009 happening. What are the odds of letting in a game winning goal from the blue line with 0.1 seconds remaining

What about letting up 14 shots on goal in game 1 vs Philly in 2010 and STILL LOSING. Or Daniel fvcking Carcillo scoring an OT winner against us

Or how about Eric Staal tying up game 2 with seconds left in 2006 just after Parise put us ahead? What are the odds of that? It happened

with the choker in net...anything is possible. I'm sick of all this over analyzed statistical mumbo jumbo. Everything that has happened to the Devils in the playoffs since 2003 defies this

Edited by '7', 18 April 2012 - 09:38 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users