justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

My link

We're going to get win this series!!!!
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#342 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

how likely is it that Brodeur would let in 2 playoff overtime wraparound game winners to the same team within a 3 year stretch...oh yea it happened

what are the odds of Carolina game 7 2009 happening?

How about Carolina game 4 2009 happening. What are the odds of letting in a game winning goal from the blue line with 0.1 seconds remaining

What about letting up 14 shots on goal in game 1 vs Philly in 2010 and STILL LOSING. Or Daniel fvcking Carcillo scoring an OT winner against us

Or how about Eric Staal tying up game 2 with seconds left in 2006 just after Parise put us ahead? What are the odds of that? It happened

with the choker in net...anything is possible. I'm sick of all this over analyzed statistical mumbo jumbo. Everything that has happened to the Devils in the playoffs since 2003 defies this

Nice revisionist history.

Oh the one in Game 7 double overtime IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS when Fetisov for some unknown reason threw the puck to the middle of the defensive zone? After they beat Boston and Buffalo? Or the one where the whole team was down and out in 5 games in 97?

Game 7 in 2009? Oh, right, after they got shutout in Carolina in Game 6. The game 7 that had a tying goal because Nic Havelid decided he doesn't like defense and stood around while a pass went through him from the blue line to the side of the net. And then Colin White went 30 feet out of position to leave Eric Staal going down the wing at full speed. Anybody remember Parise and Gionta failing to connect a pass across the crease that would have tied it back up after that? Nope?

Game 4 in 2009? The goal from the point that was deflected by Ruutu and the team was looking for an interference call that it never got? And then he followed it up with a 44 save shutout the next game?

Carcillo's OT goal? In game 3? When NO ONE SHOWED UP? Where Brodeur made save after save in the 3rd period while the offense was skating in circles?

Please. Marty is definitely not the player he was. He definitely has lost a step, and he definitely has lost some big, big games (like last night), but to cherry pick all this crap out and somehow leave out games like 5,6,7 against Philly in 2000, the finals in 2000, the 2003 conference and stanley cup finals, the 2006 Ranger series. I mean every damn goalie in the history of the sport has won and lost big games. I don't know who these super goalies are that you think can win the cup every year, never lose a big game, and never blew a lead, but I'm gonna guess they hang out with unicorns and talking squirrels in a magical mystical imaginary forest somewhere.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 18 April 2012 - 10:40 AM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#343 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Defend Marty all you want, he hasn't done jack in April without a D that had two HOF'ers on it.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#344 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Defend Marty all you want, he hasn't done jack in April without a D that had two HOF'ers on it.

That's fine. I've admitted he isn't the player he was. But no one on the team has done anything in April, either. Not one damn Devil has raised their game for the playoffs in 10 years. Brodeur's the only one who seems to have to answer for it, though.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 18 April 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#345 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

Oh believe me he's not. They lose this series and I honestly wouldn't care if Lou, Marty and Zach were all shown the door. This team needs to be gutted once and for all, unless they see the wizard and get some heart and guts - NOW.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 April 2012 - 11:06 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#346 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Oh believe me he's not. They lose this series and I honestly wouldn't care if Lou, Marty and Zach were all shown the door. This team needs to be gutted once and for all, unless they see the wizard and get some heart and guts - NOW.

I think at the very least 2 of those 3 will be gone. I can't see more than one of those 3 back next year. Zach looks like he's already leaving, Marty is just not what he was and even though there are flashes, the best days are gone, and Lou just can't seem to build a playoff team. Plus you have those rumors that Vanderbeek was going to can Lou last year and it never happened for whatever reason.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 18 April 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#347 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think at the very least 2 of those 3 will be gone. I can't see more than one of those 3 back next year. Zach looks like he's already leaving, Marty is just not what he was and even though there are flashes, the best days are gone, and Lou just can't seem to build a playoff team. Plus you have those rumors that Vanderbeek was going to can Lou last year and it never happened for whatever reason.

If they lose this series, Lou should go too. I'm afraid what will wind up happening though is Lou will be allowed to hang around as long as he wants, and then he just hands the job to his moron son. That terrifies me.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#348 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

then he just hands the job to his moron son. That terrifies me.

I'll help you start a riot in the streets of Newark if this ever happens. Thankfully, I don't think we will ever have to resort to such tactics.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 18 April 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#349 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

If they lose this series, Lou should go too. I'm afraid what will wind up happening though is Lou will be allowed to hang around as long as he wants, and then he just hands the job to his moron son. That terrifies me.

You hit the nail on the head, the son takes over.

#350 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'll help you start a riot in the streets of Newark if this ever happens. Thankfully, I don't think we will ever have to resort to such tactics.

I'd be right there with you. It legitmately scares me though. I'm afraid Lou will be allowed to hand pick the next GM, and it'll be Chris.

#351 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

If Vanderbeek decides Lou is gone, it's gonna be for a totally different direction. The fact that he was a fan before he was an owner makes me hope that he realizes the old school approach needs to at least be updated.

#352 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,623 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Lou should not be fired if the Devils lose this series. Also, the Devils already won THIS series.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#353 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,030 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Great, I can't wait for Devs/Sens. Surely we have an ENORMOUS advantage in net considering it's future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur vs. this Ray Emery clown. No way in hell Emery outplays Brodeur. Especially in game 1 at home. Watch Marty set the tone by making some huge stops and getting in Ottawa's head.

Edited by '7', 18 April 2012 - 01:47 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#354 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Lou should not be fired if the Devils lose this series. Also, the Devils already won THIS series.

Sorry- if they lose the FLORIDA series, Lou should quit. If he doesn't quit, he should make a nice offer to Ryan Suter. Happy?

#355 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Great, I can't wait for Devs/Sens. Surely we have an ENORMOUS advantage in net considering it's future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur vs. this Ray Emery clown. No way in hell Emery outplays Brodeur. Especially in game 1 at home. Watch Marty set the tone by making some huge stops and getting in Ottawa's head.

Hahahahaha

#356 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Because surely that Ottawa team is no good and can't possibly make the finals and Ray Emery definitely isn't having a fantastic playoffs. Why, I'm sure he won't carry them to the finals and then be the only one who plays in them while the rest of the team cowers in fear of Chris Pronger and his Dean-McAmmond-killing elbows.

Stop re-writing history like that was supposed to be another cakewalk series that Marty blew all on his own.

#357 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Great, I can't wait for Devs/Sens. Surely we have an ENORMOUS advantage in net considering it's future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur vs. this Ray Emery clown. No way in hell Emery outplays Brodeur

Don't think Ray Emery had to make a big save in that series. The first line was completely shutdown due to some stud russian defenseman. Name is similar to the guy we got, but can't be the same player.

Listen, if Lou Lamoriello walks away, there is no way his son is getting the job. The nepotism ends when Lou is out.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#358 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

I don't know about you guys but I got a tip today from some lady named Mrs. Niedermayer so I'm running to the bank and taking all my money out and placing a bet that Anaheim beats Ottawa in the Finals in 5 games. Wish me the best!

Edited by Satans Hockey, 18 April 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#359 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I heard Volchenkov is a real weak link on the Ottawa defense as well, slow as sh!t. I think our speed can expose him. :P

#360 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Worst officiating ever.

Worst Marty game (and series) ever.

Amazing how the first two lines of my post five years ago could have applied to last night as well :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users