NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

And at #9, the Dolphins select....Ted Ginn

:rofl: :giggle: :lol:

I actually do feel for you MadDog believe it or not, but I'm sorry I just can't help but laugh my ass off. It was all set up for you guys. I don't know what the hell Mueller is thinking. He was looking like a genius for hanging tight at nine and not giving up extra picks. Hell Quinn made it no secret he WANTED to go to the Dolphins. But instead he takes a midget WR that was a no-show in the National Championship game?!

I wonder where Quinn goes now, Carolina?

Edited by Hasan4978, 28 April 2007 - 01:00 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

New York moves up in the draft, trades with Carolina.

Darryl Revvis

Edited by '7', 28 April 2007 - 01:54 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

Watch Quinn fall all the way to Dallas :lol:

not that I really want him... but it WOULD be funny!

and WHAT THE HELL IS MIAMI DOING drafting a midget punt returner ??

Man that's as dumb as the Lions getting yet ANOTHER Wideout !!! :evil:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

I'm not Quinn's biggest fan but it is funny that all we hear in the NFL are teams have QB issues, there aren't enough good QB's to go around then someone that has a squeaky-clean rep and is hyped up as a franchise QB slips this far into the late first round. It's as if front offices are now afraid to pick QB's in the first round because their ass is more on the chopping block if a QB fails than if you pick another position and that player busts.

It would amuse me if Cleveland was able to trade up to pick Quinn, have their cake and eat it too. It would be also like San Diego getting Brees anyway after they traded down from Vick to 'settle' for Tomlinson. It would kind of amuse me if Herm actually wound up getting Quinn especially since he wouldn't know how to use him :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

:rofl: And the Browns DO trade up to #22 (the Boys slot) for Quinn, screwing Herm in the process :evil:

EDIT: They just announced the trade, Dallas made out nicely by getting a Browns' first-rounder next year to move down fifteen spots, of course it's a fair price given the circumstances.

As far as the Jets' pick, well I trust Mangini especially when it comes to corners. And the Jets did need a corner and with Miller and Revis also will have an explosive Special teams.

Edited by Hasan4978, 28 April 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

:rofl: And the Browns DO trade up to #22 (the Boys slot) for Quinn, screwing Herm in the process :evil:

so what did we get in the trade anyway?? Had some work to do this morning and missed all the chaos!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

so what did we get in the trade anyway?? Had some work to do this morning and missed all the chaos!

They got Cleveland's second rounder this year (38?) and a first-rounder next year, as I said in the edit above you made out nicely.

Nice schedule, Cleveland at Miami Week 6, Miami cost that kid millions so if he's playing by then he'll be ready for that game :evil:

Edited by Hasan4978, 28 April 2007 - 03:26 PM.

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

They got Cleveland's second rounder this year (38) and a first-rounder next year, as I said in the edit above you made out nicely.

Nice schedule, Cleveland at Miami Week 6, Miami cost that kid millions so if he's playing he'll be ready for that game :evil:

so I jumped the gun on the post B )

Good trade for Dallas since that pick COULD be a high one next year too!!

#29 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

Crazy Draft.....I got a chance to watch it at work today....Cowboys made out nicely...that's a definite top 10 pick next year maybe even top 5...got our DE we needed so now it's a WR or another O-line guy....very suprised most of those teams (especially the 'fins) didn't pick up Quinn.....
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#30 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

Thrilled with NE's first pick, though I was hoping for Nelson. As for their second pick, I'm hoping for Harris, but Posluszny (I'll learn how to spell it if/when he's drafted) would be fine. NE needs to start supplementing its LBs for the future.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#31 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

...so much for that. Traded down with SF for this year's 4th and next year's 1st.

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

Local update: Brian Leonard goes to the Rams, probably annoying CRASHER whose Cowboys had the next pick heh. Makes sense, god knows that team could use a few hard-nosed players.

The Jets I guess are pretty much done drafting after trading up yet again :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978, 28 April 2007 - 07:22 PM.

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:02 AM

I don't think I could be annoyed after that game.... tired MAYBE!!!

#34 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

Damn, I was looking forward to the purchase of a Leonard Jets jersey.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:52 AM

This probably should have its own thread but it is a draft trade...

The Patriots have acquired RANDY MOSS for a fourth-round pick as per the NFL Network (via SNY) :blink:

NE's doing things they've never done before, splurge in FA, take bad character guys - geez, either they're really afraid of the Jets and are desperate to get one or two more SB's before the Jets get great or this is the last year or two for King Bill anyway.

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:58 AM

Wow
that is a bit of a desperate type move indeed.... I think they see the balance of power slipping to SD and Indy in the AFC and are trying to hold on to their spot.....

I don't think Belichicken woud EVER factor in the jets !!

#37 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

...Moss? Cripes almighty, Brady & the staff must have really been convinced that they lost last year's AFC championship game because of the receiving corps. (although it's hard not to 'cause of Reche Caldwell's dropped pass that pretty much would have sealed the deal)

Stallworth, Moss, Caldwell, Welker, Washington, Gaffney, Brown, Jackson (if he ever stays healthy). Certainly an upgrade over last year's group... although Stallworth's hamstring issues are well-noted, Moss is clearly on the downside of his career (I think they're hoping for a Corey Dillon resurgence), Caldwell is Caldwell, and the rest of the bunch are average receivers.

#38 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,088 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

And at #9, the Dolphins select....Ted Ginn

:rofl: :giggle: :lol:

I actually do feel for you MadDog believe it or not, but I'm sorry I just can't help but laugh my ass off. It was all set up for you guys. I don't know what the hell Mueller is thinking. He was looking like a genius for hanging tight at nine and not giving up extra picks. Hell Quinn made it no secret he WANTED to go to the Dolphins. But instead he takes a midget WR that was a no-show in the National Championship game?!

I wonder where Quinn goes now, Carolina?

Here's the deal: the Dolphins had John Beck out of BYU ranked slightly higher on their board than Quinn. They figured "why draft Quinn when we can get a slightly better, much less hyped version of him in the 2nd round for much less money?" That was the thinking. Cameron and Mueller BETTER be right, because if Quinn turns into the next Tom Brady while John Beck is the next Trent Dilfer, I'll never get over it. Ginn is an explosive playmaker, and can score whenever he gets the ball. But that doesn't excuse the fact that we reached for him when we could've even traded down and gotten more picks if that's the guy we wanted. All I know is John Beck better be the next John Unitas and Ted Ginn better be the next Steve Smith. Because passing on Quinn just makes no sense to me. None. We'l see in a few years who's right.

Oh- and BTW- Just for the record, Ginn wasn't a "No-show" in the national championship game- he returned the opening kickoff for a TD and his idiot teammates decided to jump on top of him, severely hurting his ankle to the point where he couldn't come back in the game. Not really his fault.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#39 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

Oh- and BTW- Just for the record, Ginn wasn't a "No-show" in the national championship game- he returned the opening kickoff for a TD and his idiot teammates decided to jump on top of him, severely hurting his ankle to the point where he couldn't come back in the game. Not really his fault.

The word was he was ok to play but chose NOT to in order to not jeopardize his draft status.... so in other words his own needs were more important then a team playing in its most important game.... hrrrmmmm :noclue:

#40 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,088 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

The word was he was ok to play but chose NOT to in order to not jeopardize his draft status.... so in other words his own needs were more important then a team playing in its most important game.... hrrrmmmm :noclue:

Who knows. People always make sh!t up to make people look bad. No one knows. What I do know is he's been heavily evaluated by the 'Phins' doctors and he's at 85% 4 months later, so I believe he couldn't play.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users