63 replies to this topic

#41 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

Who knows. People always make sh!t up to make people look bad. No one knows. What I do know is he's been heavily evaluated by the 'Phins' doctors and he's at 85% 4 months later, so I believe he couldn't play.

Hmmm...I remember when the Phins' doctors evaluated Brees and C-Pep. Right now I'm so pissed at the Phins as a whole, I can't even explain it. I've heard rumors that Cam picked Ginn because he was friends with his family. It seems to me that this is going to be a long season for phin fans.

<sigh> And I was almost hopeful before the draft.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#42 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

dolphins were smart to trust in culpepper and cleo lemon.

...HHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

I am happy with what we did (Grubbs, Figurs, Yanda and Smith). McGhaee should have a career year behind this line and take the pressure of McNair. Hopefully, Billick can get his head out of his assets and come up with a real offensive game plan with the tools we have. Billick cost us the superbowl.

In the meantime what the hell are Philly and Miami thinking???
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

phily was thinking McNabb NEVER finishes the season and maybe he never will......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#45 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

As a Bills fan and a Penn State fan...I bet you know how I feel about the draft! :clap: :clap:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

Hmmm...I remember when the Phins' doctors evaluated Brees and C-Pep. Right now I'm so pissed at the Phins as a whole, I can't even explain it. I've heard rumors that Cam picked Ginn because he was friends with his family. It seems to me that this is going to be a long season for phin fans.

<sigh> And I was almost hopeful before the draft.

I feel ya man. I'm pissed too. It's ridiculous. But hey, we're Dolphins fans. Pain is just part of the deal. :argh:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#47 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

I feel ya man. I'm pissed too. It's ridiculous. But hey, we're Dolphins fans. Pain is just part of the deal. :argh:

Ill tell you what:

the Ginn Jr pick was a reach no question...but I love Beck as a QB...he has the tools to be a very good NFL QB, IMO just as much as Brady Quinn does.

If the Fish did not want Quinn...I would have liked to see the Fish draft Willis or Okoye with that pick...or say they were gonna draft Willis and see if the Niners would move up 2 spots, get another 2nd rounder, and THEN take Ginn...more value for the buck, so to speak.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#48 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

This probably should have its own thread but it is a draft trade...

The Patriots have acquired RANDY MOSS for a fourth-round pick as per the NFL Network (via SNY) :blink:

NE's doing things they've never done before, splurge in FA, take bad character guys - geez, either they're really afraid of the Jets and are desperate to get one or two more SB's before the Jets get great or this is the last year or two for King Bill anyway.

:) :)
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:36 PM

Ill tell you what:

the Ginn Jr pick was a reach no question...but I love Beck as a QB...he has the tools to be a very good NFL QB, IMO just as much as Brady Quinn does.

If the Fish did not want Quinn...I would have liked to see the Fish draft Willis or Okoye with that pick...or say they were gonna draft Willis and see if the Niners would move up 2 spots, get another 2nd rounder, and THEN take Ginn...more value for the buck, so to speak.

I've heard good things about Beck. Still- passing on Quinn to draft a 175 LB WR/KR is extremely hard for me to swallow. Extremely hard. Cameron and Mueller both stated that Beck's accuracy set him apart, and that's the main reason they had him rated higher than Quinn. What I don't like is that the guy is going to be 26 soon because he was on his mormon church mission for two years. He's supposed to be pretty smart though, so we'll see when he can step in. Apparently, the kid is a sponge when it comes to learning offesnes, which is another reason Cameron and Mueller realy liked him. They better be right, because those two guys have their Dolphin legacy riding on Beck's arm and Ginn's legs.

#50 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

phily was thinking McNabb NEVER finishes the season and maybe he never will......

Then why get rid of Garcia when he resurrected a team that basically gave up. Ty Detmer is NOT going to be able to do that and McNabb sounded perplexed in a conference call during the draft.

The Eagles have peaked.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#51 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

Culpepper, potentially Green and a drafted twig? Miami makes the Jets season a little easier.

I give Cameron 2 years and he is a gonner.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#52 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Culpepper, potentially Green and a drafted twig? Miami makes the Jets season a little easier.

I give Cameron 2 years and he is a gonner.

The "twig" we drafted can throw the ball 70 yards in the air. I'm not saying he'll be great, but I'll trust the guys who did the extensive research and get paid the big bucks to do so and give the kid a chance. Judging by everytthing I've read from objective observers, Beck has a pretty high ceiling. And I just keep repeating to myself "Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round" to make myself feel better. :P That said- yes, we are going to suck this year. Hardcore. We have a great defense, but the issues at QB and on the o-line are too big to ignore right now to say the Dolphins will be playoff contenders.

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Then why get rid of Garcia when he resurrected a team that basically gave up. Ty Detmer is NOT going to be able to do that and McNabb sounded perplexed in a conference call during the draft.

The Eagles have peaked.

You tell me the team in the NFL under the cap that can afford to pay TWO Starting QB salaries (Garcia was getting PAID off that run odn't doubt it) and still out a good team on the ice ... field......it's just NOT happening in the NFL.... unless you get lucky and re-draft Tom Brady :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#54 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

You tell me the team in the NFL under the cap that can afford to pay TWO Starting QB salaries (Garcia was getting PAID off that run odn't doubt it) and still out a good team on the ice ... field......it's just NOT happening in the NFL.... unless you get lucky and re-draft Tom Brady :P

Your original statement was: Phily was thinking McNabb NEVER finishes the season and maybe he never will......

Based on this you are required to have potentially two starters. I think Garcia wanted to stay in Philly and would have taken the same money as Detmer, with some incentives for games started, because I McNabb's games lost to injury wouldn't count against the cap.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#55 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Your original statement was: Phily was thinking McNabb NEVER finishes the season and maybe he never will......

Based on this you are required to have potentially two starters. I think Garcia wanted to stay in Philly and would have taken the same money as Detmer, with some incentives for games started, because I McNabb's games lost to injury wouldn't count against the cap.

And if you're going to pay for two starters, then you're taking a MAJOR chunk of your cap and committing it to that and only that... that's gonna leave holes... and big ones....the cost-value of doing so with two experienced QBs just does not make sense in a capped universe.... so...you go out and draft a guy you hope can do the job or you gamble on a Culpepper or Joey Harrington :ph34r: type... and look around the league... who really has two QB's making starters money.... ain't no one I can think of....

It is those kind of personnel moves at this time of year that can make the difference in 10-6 and 6-10 though

#56 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:22 AM

All right who has the cliff notes version of what the 49ers did?

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#57 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

And if you're going to pay for two starters, then you're taking a MAJOR chunk of your cap and committing it to that and only that... that's gonna leave holes... and big ones....the cost-value of doing so with two experienced QBs just does not make sense in a capped universe.... so...you go out and draft a guy you hope can do the job or you gamble on a Culpepper or Joey Harrington :ph34r: type... and look around the league... who really has two QB's making starters money.... ain't no one I can think of....

It is those kind of personnel moves at this time of year that can make the difference in 10-6 and 6-10 though

They're toast Philly fans will have to watch Invincible to get excited about Eagles football

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#58 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:48 AM

All right who has the cliff notes version of what the 49ers did?

http://nfl.com/draft...tracker/team/SF

The filled some needs for SURE

and they added a good #1 WR in Darrel Jackson

#59 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

As I said, Garcia would have taken Demeter's money, but with incentives for games started, which would have covered McNabb's contract.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#60 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:01 PM

As I said, Garcia would have taken Demeter's money, but with incentives for games started, which would have covered McNabb's contract.

I forget (and gave up on long ago as the numbers are not guaranteed) how that works but I THINK some of the incentives go against the cap as well.... and like I ased before to no answer... what other team in the NFL has the $$$ to carry two starting QBs... and don't tell me Tampa cause I wouldn't let Chris Simms start my PS-3 system!!!! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users