LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

I missed the goal..what happened?

They scored. :P Alfredsson top shelf.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#63 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

Hi....Captain Obvious here. The Devils need to score some fvckin' goals to have a chance to be victorious. :evil:
Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#64 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

Well they had chances in the first. Now lets hope in the second chances turn into goals. :pray:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#65 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hi....Captain Obvious here. The Devils need to score some fvckin' goals to have a chance to be victorious. :evil:

yea god i think that if we dont score we wont be able to win
Posted Image

#66 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

They're starting to get the right idea with the double moves.. they're biting on the initial fakes and it's opening up some space for them.

Get shots through and drive the net and we'll be fine, we'll get a couple.

Emery is dogsh!t.. He can't hold on to the puck, his team is bailing him out repeatedly.

#67 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

we're making Emery look bad and still can't get one in.

Elias should probably be sitting - aside from that, I'm confident we're getting the next goal - though Ottawa is owed a power play somewhere in here.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#68 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

Madden Line sucks at D, its official. And Patrick Elias needs to play @100%

#69 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

Wow interesting stat, the "shutdown" line of brylin, madden, and pandolfo is a -23 these playoffs... guess they've lost their luster huh, question is if the trend continues what do we do with this line because not one of them can score consistently
Posted Image

#70 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

it was a good season.

Yea this team sucks at coming back.

Jesus, it's 1-0. I can't believe people are already throwing in the towel.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#71 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

Well the good thing is they are only -23 considering they are mostly on the ice when the top line is. right? That spin isn't working is it...

#72 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Lets go Devils

best wishes from Germany! :gd:

Danke, können wir gebrauchen

#73 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Wow interesting stat, the "shutdown" line of brylin, madden, and pandolfo is a -23 these playoffs... guess they've lost their luster huh, question is if the trend continues what do we do with this line because not one of them can score consistently

I think we'll probably see this line next year.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#74 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

I think we'll probably see this line next year.

Isn't brylins contract up?
Posted Image

#75 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:59 PM

The Devils have to get some momentum to start the 2nd period by finally scoring a goal in this series. The remaining 1:30 on their PP is a great chance to not it up.

Just score already! :unsure:

#76 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Elias is completely drained. We need to take him off the powerplay. Madden has overskated the puck 3x in that period - there are rebounds everywhere right now.

Paul Martin lost Alfredsen on that goal, he can't just let him walk in there like that.

Damn it, this is frustrating. Our offense is so bad right now. Emery is like half asleep and still making saves. The rebounds alone should have this a 3-1 game. Next goal is the series guys, we HAVE to have it. :argh:

C'mon DEVIL'S!!!! :koolaid:
Re-educating Wings fans since 1995.

#77 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Isn't brylins contract up?

no, and even if it was, it's not like he is the sole problem. the problem is with the D as well as the line itself.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#78 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

The power play is killing the Devils. I know they are a small team and dumping and chasing is a difficult thing for them but having an extra man on the ice should really make up for the lack of size. They keep trying to carry the puck in and the Sens break up the Devils rushes every single time. At this point I wish they could just play 5 on 5 because the extra man is only making things more complicated for them out there. Maybe they will make me eat crow and score when the 2nd period starts.

I'm trying to stay positive but Ottawa is just so tough to play while trailing. I really don't think the Sens are doing anything special out there but they are doing a heck of a job of neutralizing our big guns. Nothing worse then getting beat at your own game.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#79 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

Yea this team sucks at coming back.

Jesus, it's 1-0. I can't believe people are already throwing in the towel.

Yeah.."Come on guys.

Don't fvcking give up sh!t.
Posted Image

#80 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

no, and even if it was, it's not like he is the sole problem. the problem is with the D as well as the line itself.

oh no I was just wondering if it was up this season. Wasnt saying dumping him would fix our problems.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users