61 replies to this topic

#21 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

The difference is that - I know the METS are a joke as an org but the yankees on the other hand who are the -self rightous keepers of all pride and tradition in baseball - pull a real bush league move yesterday - I mean I bet both mickey and the bambino are spinning in their grave at that display. You could stomach it if it was Joe D coming back and they pull that circus - but for that ass mercenary Clemens? is he really a true yankee deserved of such adulation by the fans? didnt he just bolt for more $$$ for a team that would kiss his ass and give him carte blanche. I thought the yanks were held up to a higher regard - but they bend over just the same to the same lunacy - - guess I was mistaken.
And I just heard susan waldman's call on the radio - - WTF ? :o :rolleyes: :puke: :doh1:
did Moses just come down from the mountain with the tablets ? I think she just had the big O !
welcomee home ? WTF I say again ? :koolaid:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#22 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

I have no inside info but from listening to it she starts off fine and then loses control. The fact that you don't hear Sterling, and he never misses an opportunity to talk, makes me think that he went up to go pee or something during the break and she was just looking to fill air time. She is a terrible broadcaster and needs someone like Sterling to keep her in check.

I loved the intro yesterday. It's entertainment and that was tremendous theater.

As for the "adulation by the fans", have you watched Kei Igawa "pitch", and I use the term loosely, this year? The Yankee rotation is in shambles. Is Clemens a mercenary? Absolutely. Is he going to help the Yankees win more games than they would have otherwise? Absolutely. That is all that matters.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

the woman who has covered the Yankees since WFAN went on the air, and through all the World Series runs of semi-recently called it the MOST DRAMATIC MOMENT SHE CAN REMEMBER IN YANKEE STADIUM ???? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Makes it seem like the idiot comments they make on Raw that each Main Event is the greatest ever as a mild understatement compared to the embarrassing effort by Suzie-know-it-all on Sunday!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

The difference is that - I know the METS are a joke as an org but the yankees on the other hand who are the -self rightous keepers of all pride and tradition in baseball - pull a real bush league move yesterday - I mean I bet both mickey and the bambino are spinning in their grave at that display. You could stomach it if it was Joe D coming back and they pull that circus - but for that ass mercenary Clemens? is he really a true yankee deserved of such adulation by the fans? didnt he just bolt for more $$$ for a team that would kiss his ass and give him carte blanche. I thought the yanks were held up to a higher regard - but they bend over just the same to the same lunacy - - guess I was mistaken.
And I just heard susan waldman's call on the radio - - WTF ? :o :rolleyes: :puke: :doh1:
did Moses just come down from the mountain with the tablets ? I think she just had the big O !
welcomee home ? WTF I say again ? :koolaid:

Man from the sound of it...I am glad I am in Cali and didnt hear Georgie Girl gashing all over Roger.

Welcome home...please tell me nobody said that?? That is a JOKE if true!!

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

Man from the sound of it...I am glad I am in Cali and didnt hear Georgie Girl gashing all over Roger.

Welcome home...please tell me nobody said that?? That is a JOKE if true!!

she DID :blink:
if you go on WFAN.com and play mike and the maddog's intro
they spent the whole time blasting on it.... it really was embarrassing!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

They played it enough. :lol:

I think she just loves Rocket cause she used to be a Sahhhx fan.

I also believe what the Yanks did was bush league. How they can go so low during a game no less is just sad. To think what this franchise once stood for.

It's really hard to see what they have turned into. I've seen this circus act before.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#27 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

Lets get ready to buy another championship !

Pride and Tradition ! :rolleyes:

Unless they eventually have a salary cap, the Yanks are doing nothing wrong. You can't expect Steinbrenner to go, "Oh we have the money to sign this guy, but we're not going to because we're going to give all our opponents a fair chance."
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#28 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

They played it enough. :lol:

I think she just loves Rocket cause she used to be a Sahhhx fan.
I also believe what the Yanks did was bush league. How they can go so low during a game no less is just sad. To think what this franchise once stood for.
It's really hard to see what they have turned into. I've seen this circus act before.

yeah like that time they bought babe ruth outright from the red sox

gimme a break derek

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#29 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

Unless they eventually have a salary cap, the Yanks are doing nothing wrong. You can't expect Steinbrenner to go, "Oh we have the money to sign this guy, but we're not going to because we're going to give all our opponents a fair chance."

...but then you cant have it both ways and be mad when its insinuated that you've bought yet another world series cause, - it will forever come up when they have a $200 million + team salary :rolleyes:
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#30 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:29 PM

...but then you cant have it both ways and be mad when its insinuated that you've bought yet another world series cause, - it will forever come up when they have a $200 million + team salary :rolleyes:

Well people bring that up as if they are doing something wrong, I'm saying there is nothing wrong with them "buying" championships because it is allowed and any team would do the same if they had the money.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#31 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

Well people bring that up as if they are doing something wrong, I'm saying there is nothing wrong with them "buying" championships because it is allowed and any team would do the same if they had the money.

Well 26 you are surely in the minority on that subject - I know when I suggested that to many yankees fans they reacted as if I had slapped them in the face... back to the original circus - someone asked what would have happened if clemens asked to wear a beard or worse yet - have his name printed on his jersey, would the yanks have also bent over for him there too ? :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#32 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

Really, you can't fault an owner for spending money on his team. Just because the other owners in the league are too greedy or handcuffed by lackluster fan support for their teams to spend that money isn't any problem of the Yankees.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#33 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:34 PM

Really, you can't fault an owner for spending money on his team. Just because the other owners in the league are too greedy or handcuffed by lackluster fan support for their teams to spend that money isn't any problem of the Yankees.

Ok this is officially a circle arguement -- see previous rants .. just admit your buying another w series and we can move on - just admit that clemens undid all the pride and traditon that were the yanks and well move on ... :giggle:
Posted Image

#34 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

Ok this is officially a circle arguement -- see previous rants .. just admit your buying another w series and we can move on - just admit that clemens undid all the pride and traditon that were the yanks and well move on ... :giggle:

gonna admit the mets bought the division last year?

floyd beltran glavine delgado lo duca wagner, the list goes on of players they bought or traded for because the other team was in financial distress.

please, the yankees bought babe ruth, and it's been going on ever since.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#35 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

gonna admit the mets bought the division last year?

I can admit one division - can you swallow that many world series? :ph34r:
Again - the point here is clemens' ability to drag the franchise thru the mud because any self rightous (albeit earned) piety on the yanks part about tradition and pride will now be met with roger's "coming (going rather) home" - the money aspect as ridiculous as it may be is secondary.
I love the fact he said he never read the contract, and when he says he'll be helping the minor leaguers all I can think of is the reverend's wife on the Simpsons yelling "think of the children " :puke:
Posted Image

#36 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:59 AM

What's your solution. Go back to the days before free agency existed? The Mets would still be second fiddle. Even our farm system is better.

And during his stint with the club the first time around, Roger was the de facto pitching coach, and even performed in that function with the Blue Jays (ask Roy Halladay). Considering the Yankees have a number of young pitchers on the cusp of making a real impact at the major league level over the next two years, it's not out of the question that he could end up helping the minor leaguers significantly.

I guess I'd be pretty tired of my team always ending up playing the deformed little brother to the rich, popular, intelligent and attractive Yankees, so I can't really fault you for getting so upset. Maybe one day the Mets can have a nice car and attractive girlfriend (in this case, a world series title) too.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#37 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

Clemens Projection:

8-6 4.44 ERA....now he is pitching in a real hitters league...and $28 million will look fooli$h

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#38 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

Clemens Projection:

8-6 4.44 ERA....now he is pitching in a real hitters league...and $28 million will look fooli$h

With the Yankee lineup he'll win more games than that. Figure a round number say 15 starts, even if he puts up a 4.44 ERA he will go something like 9-3. You can't look at the money. You have to look at what the other options are. I don't think Igawa or Rasner or Karstens or anyone else the Yankees have available would be able to pitch to those conservative projections.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#39 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

I hope the Yankees front office blows up. Beckett for Cy Young!!! 7-0. Go ahead Clemens, impress me.

P.S.- Go Sox

Edited by njdevil26, 10 May 2007 - 02:01 PM.

#40 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

The Mets would still be second fiddle. Even our farm system is better.
I guess I'd be pretty tired of my team always ending up playing the deformed little brother to the rich, popular, intelligent and attractive Yankees, so I can't really fault you for getting so upset. Maybe one day the Mets can have a nice car and attractive girlfriend (in this case, a world series title) too.

nice analogy - so you do admit you've bought your fair share of pennants and world series..thats all I wanted... :rolleyes:
but what about the Pride and Traditon answer ? cause really, the yankees really look bad on that one... no use closing the barn door now..
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users