Photo

Are the Devils only the 9th greatest franchise ever?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 wallerstein

wallerstein

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:11 AM

Considering our three Stanley Cups I would think the Devils deserve to be 6th or 7th. Yet we rank 9th in the ranking Best NFL franchise ever on rankopedia. Go figure...

#2 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

Considering we are a hocky team in the NHL i think we are doing well to be rated the 9th best ever NFL franchise :P

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#3 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Considering we are a hocky team in the NHL i think we are doing well to be rated the 9th best ever NFL franchise :P

haha i was gonna say that too !!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin cheeseburger dude!

#4 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:44 AM

This person only has three posts on this board, and they're all related to this rankopedia website. I'm starting to wonder if his only purpose here is to advertise said site...
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

This person only has three posts on this board, and they're all related to this rankopedia website. I'm starting to wonder if his only purpose here is to advertise said site...

nahh... really... he's just shy and introverted and like the hundreds of other spammers we've had over the years, only speaks out through his crappy polls !!! :evil:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

can someone please remove posts related to this worthless rankopedia site? Contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion here.
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#7 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

He now has 6 posts of discussion. He must stay!
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#8 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

Man what's the harm? So it's spam --- it's well thought out spam and inspires conversation - so his site benefits from the hits - we're still having fun with it right? you all even had the fun of uncovering his spamming!

Like with the Music Man - if you benefit from a con, is it really a con?

It would be nice if the poster joined in a little more -- said he/she wasn't a hockey fan or was a sports nut or knew Derek or whatever - however s/he found the place :noclue:

I'm here for the party

#9 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

Atlanta Flames
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

well it's a bit annoying but it's just DAMN RUDE
how do you expect people to take your stuff seriously if it's all you talk about

you don't walk into someone's house drag your dirty shoes all over their carpet and walk to the fridge and eat/drink the damn clean without saying hello first (ok, maybe Mike does but whatever :P)

there's a level of manners to be followed first and foremosy

like TAKING OFF YOUR DAMN SHOES WHEN YOU WALK INTO MY HOUSE :rant:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#11 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

I love it when the forum elders get worked up into a lather when someone new posts something they don't like :)

#12 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

Oh SNAP!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#13 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

i'm a forum elder. i don't really care.

as for the rankings, i think NJ is where it belongs.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

I never said I really cared, I just find it rude :P

small difference

there's a proper way to do things.... now I'm getting all British.... dammit!!!!! :rant:

(and ok I wanted to yell about people who come into my apartment and are bigger slobs then I!!!)

#15 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

The Devils should rank higher than the rags.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:46 PM

Where do the Golden Seals rank?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#17 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

I question the Sens at 13, considering that they have yet to win anything, and St. Louis, which made the playoffs something like 20+ years straight. No, the Blues didn't get far, but making the cut is means that they are at least above average.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#18 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

(and ok I wanted to yell about people who come into my apartment and are bigger slobs then I!!!)

Impossible

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#19 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

I question the Sens at 13, considering that they have yet to win anything, and St. Louis, which made the playoffs something like 20+ years straight. No, the Blues didn't get far, but making the cut is means that they are at least above average.

16 of 30 teams make the playoffs, so one team logically has to be below average each year. :P

I don't disagree with your point, just trying to be a pain in the ass as usual.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#20 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

16 of 30 teams make the playoffs, so one team logically has to be below average each year. :P

I don't disagree with your point, just trying to be a pain in the ass as usual.

Ah, like I need another hemmorroid.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users