38 replies to this topic

#1 ARENA2005

ARENA2005

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 07:50 PM

Was just thinking (dangerous), I wish I had the chance to ask Stevens if he could remember his favorite goal: when and where was it?

Then it hit me! :blink: Could the Admins here get a Dev online for a 15 to 30 minute Q/A? Know it's a tough call, but could you get Danton online so we can "chat" with him.

Many of us have met with members of the team over the years. Just thought it would be cool if we could ask our questions ahead of time and have Red or one of the Admins here pick the questions (out of a hat before... whatever) while live online with the player.

Just a thought. Please expand on the idea if you care to, (tough to get anybody this time of year) but could be fun: ex... "Marty live tonight at 8:00PM, send your questions and we'll throw them his way!" Again, just a thought. :D

Let's get a win tonight!

Peace,

D
I love my wife.

"I havn't seen potential win on paper yet." LOU

"Another Marty Party!" Mike Emrick

"I told the guys the mind is boss, the body is only an employee." Burns

#2 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:01 PM

Well, we DO have a member on the board named "Scott Stevens".

#3 ARENA2005

ARENA2005

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:08 PM

Well, we DO have a member on the board named "Scott Stevens".

Close enough... run with it!
I love my wife.

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:10 PM

We have tried before, one of the more active fans with direct Ties to Lou lams actually got rejected. The excuse was along of the lines of if they do this site they have to give equal time to all fan sites.

I know they surf here though, I see their address every now and then in the logs.

#5 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:15 PM

Who's "they"?
Do you mean Lou Lams and Devils players?

#6 ARENA2005

ARENA2005

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:19 PM

We have tried before, one of the more active fans with direct Ties to Lou lams actually got rejected. The excuse was along of the lines of if they do this site they have to give equal time to all fan sites.

I know they surf here though, I see their address every now and then in the logs.

Sure I'm not the first one to ask, but thanks as I'm sure you've tried before over the years.

Can you pretend to be Danton? Please? :evil:

Thanks Again,

D
I love my wife.

#7 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:30 PM

Some of them should be spending time watching tapes....
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#8 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:32 PM

At least they did several player chats on their website earlier in the year.

Is Marty one of the ones that surfs here DM? I always wanted to know if Marty ever saw the rantings of one Kyydax :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#9 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:34 PM

How do you know who is on the site? What do you mean by the address?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#10 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:38 PM

Dr every computer connected to the internet has what is called an IP address. Its pretty much just a street address for your computer. Everyone has one and they are all unique. Dialup providers however get a new one everytime they connect. However most high speed providers provide a static ip, which doesnt change. The forum software logs the ips of every user and view, for bannings and whatnot. In those logs dm must have seen an address that can be traced to someone in the organization.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#11 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:39 PM

How would you know a players address though?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#12 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:41 PM

Ip's are traceable. So one could easily find the service provider and the account that is connected with the ip.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#13 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:44 PM

But if it came from a players house?

#14 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, every single computer that has ever touched the internet has an IP address.

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:49 PM

Thats pretty weird. So your saying if DM wanted to he could know the exact street we live on and everything. Their must be a way to stop that right or hide it?

#16 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:52 PM

No, its not that detailed lol. IP address resolve to internet providers. For some companies that have T1 lines or whatever it resolves to their name. Here is an example Lookup

#17 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:54 PM

That is pretty detailed. Just look up the address and the zip code and you got the person.

#18 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:56 PM

Wow, this is amazing.
So which players have been lurking on the board?
Inquiring minds want to know!

#19 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 09:02 PM

it just says the team name. No specific persons..

#20 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 09:03 PM

That's not detailed at all. That's just AOL's local address. At the most you can track it to a state or city.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users