#21 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:20 AM

http://broadband.tsn...id=348&vid=8024

Here's a video of a story done by TSN. It's very touching.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#22 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

Well when they played us they found the couple that would marry only if they won... and that made people root for them instead of us.

No Im kidding. This wouldnt be a reason for me to vote for or against a team, its just a nice thing in general that I can appluad separately and not influence who I am rooting for.

Coincidentally, I am rooting for Ottawa, but that was before I heard about this!

Exactly, I was rooting for Ottawa before I read this as well. My reasoning was I wanted the Devs to have lost to the SC champs. This is just another reason. I remember when we played Colorado, there was an Avs player with a best friend that was quadraplegic due to an hockey injury.

Edited by LizDevil30, 26 May 2007 - 10:43 AM.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#23 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

He's also Jay Pandolfo's friend, but somehow that was missed by ABC?

It was Travis Roy, and his best friend is Hockey God Chris Drury.

Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes

#24 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:20 PM

I hope that they are able to use Elgin's story to raise money for CHEO. So far all this painful story has been used for is "Ottawa Senators good. Everyone else bad."

Thats pretty synical, do you not just think that the senators organisation will have just done it to make a little kid happy before he passed away.

Fair enough it puts them in a posative light, and it will raise awarness for both the disease and the Sens participation in the comunity like you said, but its not to put the ducks in a bad light.

I think the last thing any of the players or managment would of thought is " Hey Lets use this dying kid to put the Ducks in bad light and make them look bad".

This will have been something to mabey motivate some Ottawa players further on the ice, but i dont think the Ducks players will come out playing any less competativley because the sens have a reason they should win.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#25 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

I don't know about all of you, but I really wanna see Mike Fisher score a goal in this Finals.

They had little Elgin's funeral yesterday, and Fisher and Chris Phillips were pallbearers. Fisher was in tears.

Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes

#26 Devilswede

Devilswede

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

sad sad story..:(
I met this really kinky girl last night. "Humiliate me", she said. ..So I bought her a Rangers jersey...

#27 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:26 AM

awesome little kid, only the good...
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#28 kain71

kain71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Mike sounds like a classy guy, but I'm sure the ducks have plenty of little kids that would be sad in the sens win. GO DUCKS GO! (BTW, the ducks have been my number 2 team for years, no bandwagon jumping here)

Edited by kain71, 29 May 2007 - 04:47 PM.

Posted Image

#29 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:28 PM

Man, neuroblastoma is evil! The 5 year old son of the head of our Dallas agency has been fighting it for 2 years now, and you wouldn't believe the stuff he's had to go through - bone marrow transplant, chemo, radiation, surgery. And he now has several surgeries to go to remove the tumors from around his stomach and heart. He has lost hearing and has other problems from the chemo. It's such an aggressive cancer and the survival rates are not good.

Prayers for little Elgin and his family. :pray:

Edited by Nieuwy25, 29 May 2007 - 05:28 PM.

Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#30 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

I don't know about all of you, but I really wanna see Mike Fisher score a goal in this Finals.

Good call. Wonder if this gave him any extra motivation to score the first goal

Edited by devils26, 29 May 2007 - 07:31 PM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#31 Dagwood

Dagwood

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

Good call. Wonder if this gave him any extra motivation to score the first goal

It did... 1st Goal of the Finals like you pointed out...

Fish and Phliips probably the two best players on the ice other than Emery.

I noticed someone mentioned Elgin street... Search YouTube for Sens Mile to get an idea of what happened after the Sens clinched the Conference..

And above all else, the kind words in this thread regarding little Elgin shows just how great you Devils fans are and why I chose to hang out here all this time!!!

Edited by Dagwood, 30 May 2007 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users