35 replies to this topic

#1 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

I'm talking Playstation and back....Genesis, ColecoVi$ion, Intellvision, Nintendo, etc.....basically from 1995 back..

Ill give you one of my all time favorites:

Baseball Stars, Nintendo- What a game...interesting teams (Lovely Ladies, Ninja BlackSox were my team! LOL)

Posted Image

What about some of yours????

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#2 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

NHL 94 no contest. NBA Jam was very popular as well
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

NHL 94 no contest. NBA Jam was very popular as well

NHL 94 is a classic...no question about it...when I see that game or hear about it...it brings me back to a better time for the NHL

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#4 kain71

kain71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

Ice Hockey on the NES, NHL 94 on the SNES, and Fifa 99 on the PC were favs of mine.

But all time: NHL 07(xbox 360), NHL 2k5(xbox) and Fight Night Round 3 (xbox 360)
Posted Image

#5 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

Atari Ice Hockey:

Posted Image

I liked "Baseball Stars" too. I was a big baseball fan then (before money ruined it) so I tried them all, but "Baseball Stars" was one of the best.

Edited by Don, 29 May 2007 - 05:06 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#6 94Obsession

94Obsession

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

I'm talking Playstation and back....Genesis, ColecoVi$ion, Intellvision, Nintendo, etc.....basically from 1995 back..

Ill give you one of my all time favorites:
Baseball Stars, Nintendo- What a game...interesting teams (Lovely Ladies, Ninja BlackSox were my team! LOL)

Posted Image
What about some of yours????

Here are some of my favorite sports games of all time:

Sega Genesis - NHL '94 (Obviously)

Posted Image

Nintendo - Mike Tyson's Punchout (This game was IMPETUOUS and FEROCIOUS. It wanted your HEART. It wanted to eat your children!!!)

Posted Image

Nintendo - Baseball Stars, as you said. (American Dreams were great.)

Posted Image

Nintendo - Double Dribble (Voice from inside the game: DOUBLE DWIBBLE)

Posted Image

Sega Genesis - Madden '92, and '94 (EA SPORTS, IT'S IN THE GAME!!!)

Posted Image Posted Image

Nintendo - Blades of Steel (Cling BLADES OF STEEL!!!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nintendo - Ice Hockey (Need I say more?)

Posted Image

Nintendo - Racket Attack (Great Tennis game)

Posted Image

Nintendo - RBI Baseball (One of the best Baseball games for Nintendo)

Posted Image

EDIT: There is one more game I forgot to add. It's a Classic Wrestling game.

Nintendo - Pro Wrestling (STARMAN BABY~! Had to get a Wrestling title in there for CRASHER)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Honorable mention: Nintendo - World Championship Wrestling

And that's all I could think about for now. :)

Edited by 94Obsession, 30 May 2007 - 12:19 AM.

Posted Image

"Time slips away and leaves you with nothing but boring stories of glory days." -Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days

"Some things could be better, if we'd all just let them be" - Axl Rose - Yesterdays

Guns N' Roses - Yesterdays

#7 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

Nintendo Tennis was good too...although when me and my buddy used to play, Id get pissed at the ref (Luigi) and try to hit the ref with my racket :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#8 94Obsession

94Obsession

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

Nintendo Tennis was good too...although when me and my buddy used to play, Id get pissed at the ref (Luigi) and try to hit the ref with my racket :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........................ I used to do the same thing in Racket Attack and try to hit the Ref too.

Btw, what was up with Mario, and Luigi (mostly Mario) always being in other Nintendo games when he had nothing to do with it?!?!?! A little politicking by Mario? I think so!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted Image

"Time slips away and leaves you with nothing but boring stories of glory days." -Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days

"Some things could be better, if we'd all just let them be" - Axl Rose - Yesterdays

Guns N' Roses - Yesterdays

#9 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

i was an nhl 95 freak instead of 94, that's the best nothing comes close.

I know some of you are going "tecmo super bowl"? No doubt solid but overrated.

honorable mention: nba jam.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#10 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........................ I used to do the same thing in Racket Attack and try to hit the Ref too.

Btw, what was up with Mario, and Luigi (mostly Mario) always being in other Nintendo games when he had nothing to do with it?!?!?! A little politicking by Mario? I think so!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How did I know you'd take over this thread? :lol:

Double dwibble :rofl:

I used to own you at that game. That and Blades of Steel. But you pretty much owned me in Madden and NHL 94. Though we did have some classic battles usually involving LOTCB's Sabres. Yuri Khmlev ruled in that game. :rofl:

I don't really have much to add as far as video games named.

But I was always a huge Coleco fan. Games such as Looping, Zaxxon, Mr. Doo, Lady Bug and Turbo were classic.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#11 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

tecmo Super Bowl for the Genesis by FAR was the most replayable game EVER

Hardball III was VERY good too

and I'll throw Tecmo Wrestling in there too... subtile gem !!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#12 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

NHL 95 was my first video game. It's basically NHL 94 with slightly better graphics, same everything else. And my agony over the loss of the out of town scoreboard.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#13 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

Blades of Steel was great. I remember spending most of the game starting fights and trying to get penalty shots.

#14 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

NHL 95 is number one in my book.

NBA Jam and Jam TE were great, and I was a big fan of FIFA '95.

Nintendo - gotta respect the games previously mentioned. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out was a cultural phenomenon. You could tell a lot about someone by how far they could get in that game.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#15 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:54 PM

Excite Bike.

I could spend hours on end merely making courses.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#16 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

Mike Tyson's Punchout. Played that forever in the Army.
Techmo Bowl. Colts Baby!!
So Say We All

#17 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

Excite Bike.

I could spend hours on end merely making courses.

YES!

What was the football game where you could play as NFL, college, or create your own high school team (was that Tecmo? I don't remember)? I played that quite a bit.

NHL 95 and NBA Live 95 were awesome. I would play NBA Live 95 as every team up to halftime, just to get the highlight reel "halftime show", which I would then record onto VHS.

Skate Or Die was simultaniously fun and infuriating because parts of it were so damn hard (at least they were to me as a 12 year old).

There was also a baseball game I played quite a bit, the name escapes me, I'm pretty sure all the teams were fake and it was similar to NBA Jam in that it didn't have any basis in reality whatsoever. I remember one of the special pitches, your pitcher would throw like 5 balls simultaniously but only one was real.

My memory sucks.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#18 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

Skate Or Die was simultaniously fun and infuriating because parts of it were so damn hard (at least they were to me as a 12 year old).

I busted out Skate or Die a year or two ago and I still couldn't do it to save my life. That game is just ridiculous. Pool Joust was the greatest thing ever created though.

Remember 720? That game kicked ass too but had a relatively high difficulty level if I remember correctly...or I just sucked at all skateboard games.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#19 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

If we're able to list arcade -
Dome Hockey with USA vs Russa.

Console - Ice Hockey for the Nintendo. I loved picking a team with all slow fat guys and getting into fights and just pwning.

NHL 94 - We'd make up paper tourney's and play this game all summer long.

Joe Montana Sports Talk Football

Tecmo Bowl, dropping back 80 yards from the 20 yard line just to throw a TD pass to Jerry Rice.

Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast, best tennis game EVER.

Mike Tyson's Punchout and Super Punchout. I still have a grudge with Soda Popinski.

The good old days of gaming when you could pick a game in and have fun from the get go and it didn't take 3 hours to get a hang of the controls.

#20 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

Duck Hunt. What, hunting's a sport, isn't it? :P

(Actually, I'm only semi-serious... plus I needed an excuse to debut my avatar for the remainder of the Cup Finals which was inspired by this thread. :boogie:)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users