37 replies to this topic

#1 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

Crasher and I were just wondering if there is a possibility of adding an NFL sub forum to the board....there are plenty of fans out there and Crasher and I would be more than happy to take on the responsibility of mod'ing it...there is almost never a time that one of us isn't on this site as it is :)

Anyway, it's just a suggestion that I think could possibly add to the depth and enjoyment that NJDevs already provides (way better than most by the way) :D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#2 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

... and something to talk about in the summer
lord knows we have enough NFL news and threads here... and we can even keep the fantasy football stuff in there too... after all who doesn't love the REAL National Pastime in this country ??? B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#3 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

Me am scareded. :ph34r:

Seriously, though, if we can have a soccer forum, we can definitely have a football forum. And I don't even like either sport.

(Watch, DM will end up removing the soccer forum instead 'cuz he'll be like, "Yeah, why DO we have a soccer forum?" :evil:)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#4 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the "soccer" sub-forum started because of the world cup?

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#5 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the "soccer" sub-forum started because of the world cup?

World Cup schmorld cup...the only football is American Football :D hehe

#6 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

Sweet... is this where I put my threads about the under-performing Toronto Argonauts? :P
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#7 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

Sweet... is this where I put my threads about the under-performing Toronto Argonauts? :P

no no...N...fl...no psuedo football either :D hehe....kidding...don't see why CFL, Arena football and all that can't be included...

#8 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

as long as I don't have to hear any more quincy carter sob stories :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#9 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

as long as I don't have to hear any more quincy carter sob stories :P

Didn't they finally boot him off the team??

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

Didn't they finally boot him off the team??

yeah I think he did, damn shame ain't it?

#11 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:19 PM

yeah I think he did, damn shame ain't it?

Yeah it is....going from leading America's team to the playoffs to the gutter of the CFL....

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

Yeah it is....going from leading America's team to the playoffs to the gutter of the CFL....

to being cut from an AFL 2 team??
damn that IS low....

#13 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

to being cut from an AFL 2 team??
damn that IS low....

I'm sure he would still have a job if the XFL was around :D

#14 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:09 AM

Quincy Carter was cut from the Montreal Allouettes after 2 practices. He never saw game time.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#15 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

I want a sub-forum specifically for the new UFL. Any new league with Cuban as an initial owner deserves it's own sub-forum.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#16 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

Can the Mods keep a Police Blotter update? NFL players are getting way out of hand - :doh1:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#17 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

Can the Mods keep a Police Blotter update? NFL players are getting way out of hand - :doh1:

That's what BadJocks.com is for. :boogie:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,434 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

I never liked having the Soccer forum in the first place, I understood the temporary World Cup subforum but it seems like if you keep a Soccer forum it's only fair to have a NFL forum, a MLB forum, an NBA forum, a wrestling forum, etc. To me if you're going to keep the sports stuff seperate from Off-Topic there should be one 'Other Sports' folder where everything goes in - NFL, MLB, soccer, etc.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#19 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:19 PM

How about a non Hockey sports forum? I do field the how about X sport sub forum at the start of every new season.

#20 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

How about a non Hockey sports forum? I do field the how about X sport sub forum at the start of every new season.

Me likey. We have that over at AHLFans.net and it seems to be rather popular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users