37 replies to this topic

#21 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

How about a Football and other non hockey sports forum?? :D I'm all for whatever you guys do...just any collective place to talk football is good for me...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#22 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:01 AM

Soooooo...cananextremetabletennisforumbeaddedtoo? :whistling:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

How come this is taking longer then the board awards did to start ?? :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:55 AM

How come this is taking longer then the board awards did to start ?? :P

Because the board awards folder already existed? :P

It seemed the best thing to do was to rechristen the Soccer forum as the new sports forum, so there it is.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

Good idea, but it would be nice if people could actually remember to start threads in the Locker Room forum :rolleyes:

You guys should just throw all of the recent sports threads in OT into that folder, it's comical to have the first three or four threads in OT all be sports threads.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

Good call. Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#27 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

How about a Football and other non hockey sports forum?? :D I'm all for whatever you guys do...just any collective place to talk football is good for me...

Indeed, and maybe my Giants message board can be the official affiliate with the Football forum? :uni:

#28 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

Indeed, and maybe my Giants message board can be the official affiliate with the Football forum? :uni:

uh......no... Mine and Crasher's idea Cowboys out vote you 2-1 :D

#29 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

uh......no... Mine and Crasher's idea Cowboys out vote you 2-1 :D

I think it is safe to say there are more Giants fans on this site. :thumbsup:

We got you week 1, that will be the start of the Giants SB run!

#30 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:52 AM

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I don't really like this idea. I know it's only one more click but I find it kind of annoying to have the sports threads separated from the regular off-topic section. I don't think there was really a problem with the way it was before, so I don't see why it was necessary to make a new subforum. It wasn't as though there were that many sports threads that the off-topic section was being dominated by them. If there's going to be a separate sports subforum, there might as well be one for TV shows, movies, birthday threads, etc.

Just my two cents.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#31 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

Mine and Crashers thought was simply to ensure that the sports topics wouldn't flood the off topic forum...things are heating up in the offseason for football as minicamps will begin soon and usually members are nice enough to confine most of the talk into one thread...this way it's easier to just start a thread on whatever relavant sports info you like without feeling like you are going to clutter anything up...true, it's more of a convenience than anything but with a topic like sports there will never not be a lack of threads as there would be with your other suggestions....

Plus Rowdy did make the note that there was only a switch of names to the former Soccer forum so it wasn't a big deal...simply put, if you don't want to go into the sports topics then don't...if you do, it's one extra click....

Edited by UnderDogX, 14 June 2007 - 12:43 PM.

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

I don't like the extra click either, or the fact that a political thread or some of the other stuff in there can make it hard to know when a sports thread was generated, but it's better then nothing right

I have the same annoyance with it and the Adult Room

But I more worry about people who don't show up to play hockey :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#33 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

But I more worry about people who don't show up to play hockey :P

Hey if the only two days you guys choose to play weren't the only two days of the week that I have class, then I would have no problem showing up. :P
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

Hey if the only two days you guys choose to play weren't the only two days of the week that I have class, then I would have no problem showing up. :P

Well who told you to go to school boy ?? :P

Mondays and Wednesdays I am always busy as is... Fridays could be possible, but Paul is getting married so his fiancee is sucking his life away... getting him ready for the wedding....

I'd love to play on Saturdays too... if you can get your guys to get to Maplewood... with sore traffic we'd NEVER make it to Woodbridge! Let me know if you can get peeps there for a Saturday!

#35 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

How about just a "Cowboys kick ass Giants blow" Forum?

Dallas Cowboys will easily win the big'un next year. Annddd... if any of you Cowboys fans care the Training Camp is on NFL Network on the 30th... should be pretty sweet. (The Giants Training Camp is in some DII College feild.. while the 'Boys train in the Alamodome!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

:doh1:
How about the bad karma from too much smack talk in the PRE-SEASON thread??

Please you're gonna turn me into LCB with all the bravado I need to swat down !!! :P

#37 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

:doh1:
How about the bad karma from too much smack talk in the PRE-SEASON thread??

Please you're gonna turn me into LCB with all the bravado I need to swat down !!! :P

Do you think Greg Ellis will stop crying histerically or are we gonna trade him?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#38 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

Do you think Greg Ellis will stop crying histerically or are we gonna trade him?

Well supposedly he's not all healed yet... and he's old.. he doesn't need a full training camp.. but if Spencer starts taking names in Camp... I bet he gets HEALTHY FAST!!!

This is nothing... I am enjoying every second of this Strahan holdout myself... that Giant locker room is a complete and total cancer and they seriously need to get the convicts out of the asylum !!! I can sooo easily see the Giants jst collapse and go 6-10 this year....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users