#1 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

Anybody else watch this?

First of all, who else beats his man off the dribble and DUNKS to tie the game with less than a minute to go? Better yet, who else can come down the court and do it AGAIN, against a better defender?

Secondly, that fadeaway shot he made at the end of regulation was just plain ridiculous. Moving to his right, just inside the 3-point line, no angle, and drains it.

Thirdly... he scored the last 25 points of the game for the Cavs, and 29 of the last 30.

An unbelievable example of one player just dragging his team to victory.

On a related note, how does Flip Saunders keep his job after this series, win or lose? He knows LeBron will get the ball. Why not immediately double-team and force someone else to make a shot? I don't know if any other Cavs even ATTEMPTED a shot in the OTs.

Simply an incredible display of talent. I'm pulling for the Cavs to knock off the Pistons, even though they'll get manhandled by the Spurs in the finals. I just want to keep watchin' LeBron go nuts, like D-Wade last year.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#2 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

Yeah...Lebron is just a great player, and if he keep playing like that, I'm sure the Cavs will go to the Finals to play against the Spurs.
Posted Image

#3 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

I hope King James leads the Cavaliers to the finals. I hate Detroit, I hate the Spurs, especially after the sh!t they pulled to get this far. A Detroit-San Antonio final would be horrible. Go Cavs!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#4 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

This was a vintage performance by a young superstar who willed his team to victory.

Saunders is not a great coach but ultimately it's up to his players to double quicker and make someone else beat them. They didn't and paid the price.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#5 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

Unreal performance by LeBron but one of the most pathetic coaching performances by Flip Saunders.

Both these coaches are retarted and if Cleveland wins, you better believe Coach Popovich will make sure LeBron is neutralized.

Spurs in 5 against any of these teams.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#6 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Unreal performance by LeBron but one of the most pathetic coaching performances by Flip Saunders.

Both these coaches are retarted and if Cleveland wins, you better believe Coach Popovich will make sure LeBron is neutralized.

Yeah, Spurs are definitly the Champions..I mean they eliminated one of the best teams in the Nba, which is The Suns..And a hot team the Jazz.

But.. I'd say Spurs in 6.
Posted Image

#7 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

I didn't know this but the 25 straight was a record. It was pretty remarkable to watch. At one point in the OT, I started thinking of Jordan's 60 points against Boston.

You can blame Saunders but ultimately it came down to a lack of execution on Detroit's part. They were too slow to react.

I wouldn't necessarily discount the Pistons yet. They've been in this spot before and won.

Popovich is a great coach. He has a great franchise player but also just has excellent gameplans. Plus Manu and Parker are just terrific in support of Duncan.

Edited by Derek21, 02 June 2007 - 05:11 PM.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users