25 replies to this topic

#1 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

Guess we can get something a little interesting going since this will be the new all around non hockey sports forum.....

Give us your Favorite non hockey sport and your favorite team for that sport...any other little facts or such you want to add feel free :)

I'll go first even though I'm pretty sure it's well known! :)

Favorite Non-hockey Sport: Football
Favorite team: of course the Dallas Cowboys!!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#2 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

Guess we can get something a little interesting going since this will be the new all around non hockey sports forum.....

Give us your Favorite non hockey sport and your favorite team for that sport...any other little facts or such you want to add feel free :)

I'll go first even though I'm pretty sure it's well known! :)

Favorite Non-hockey Sport: Football
Favorite team: of course the Dallas Cowboys!!

Favorite Non-Hockey Sport: Soccer
Favorite team: Arsenal(Viva Thierry Henry)
The reason why i do love soccer..Is because i play this sport since i'm 5 year old..And this year i will not play(Yah..So Sad.After 10 seasons :( ) But i still play this sport each week-end with Friends or alone , in a Soccer field near my house.

So..My idols: Thierry Henry, Zinédine Zidane,Henrik Larsson and ..Patrick Vieira.

Thats all :P
Posted Image

#3 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

man we need to get some other threads in here to weed out the soccer talk :P

I live and die with my football and hockey ... I think you know the teams by now too....
and there is always SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT TOO :thumbsup:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#4 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

I live and die with my football and hockey ... I think you know the teams by now too....

There are sports besides hockey? :koolaid:

I don't get obsessive over my teams the way I do hockey, but my next favorites in order would be:

Football, Seahawks
Baseball, Mets
Basketball, Nets

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#5 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

Motocross, CMRC team is Blackfoot Honda that is based out of Calgary.

Jean Sebastien Roy was until last year their top rider. I've loved JSR ever since an ex popped in a tape of a national motocross and there was this little french dude that was flying through the whoop section and rode with such amazing style and grace. JSR owns Canadian Motocross. Holler
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#6 Hellcat

Hellcat

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:48 AM

Favorite non-hockey sport would be snowboarding. Especially half-pipe and slopestyle.
My favorite riders are Antti Autti, Danny Kass and Mason Aguirre.
Official Keeper of Rod Pelley

#7 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:17 AM

Wwe? :D
Posted Image

#8 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

Wwe? :D

Well I prefer TNA myself... but I do feel the pain of anyone who put out money for One Night Stand instead of going to the local Hooters to watch it there ans eat wings instead :lol:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#9 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

Well I prefer TNA myself... but I do feel the pain of anyone who put out money for One Night Stand instead of going to the local Hooters to watch it there ans eat wings instead :lol:

I hate what they've made ECW into but I still hear the letters "ECW" and think maybe some day it can be awesome again, even when it can't...so I'm biting, what happened at One Night Stand?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#10 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

Yankees
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#11 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

I hate what they've made ECW into but I still hear the letters "ECW" and think maybe some day it can be awesome again, even when it can't...so I'm biting, what happened at One Night Stand?

It won't... it will be WWECW forever now :doh1: :argh:

Well the Hardys vs Team Angle was AWESOME :clap:
Cena Fu-ing Kahli off the bulldozer was cool.. the rest was VERY forgettable...
the best part of Mark Henry vs Kane was the dish going out
a PUDDING MATCH !?!? :blink:

RVD had some NASTY kicks on Orton though

#12 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

It won't... it will be WWECW forever now :doh1: :argh:

Well the Hardys vs Team Angle was AWESOME :clap:
Cena Fu-ing Kahli off the bulldozer was cool.. the rest was VERY forgettable...
the best part of Mark Henry vs Kane was the dish going out
a PUDDING MATCH !?!? :blink:

RVD had some NASTY kicks on Orton though

Wow...that's how far removed from wrestling I've gotten, most of what you said is Greek to me.

Jeff Hardy is back? Who's on Team Angle?
How did a bulldozer become involved?
Mark Henry is still alive, let alone still a professional wrestler?
Pudding match?

#13 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

Wow...that's how far removed from wrestling I've gotten, most of what you said is Greek to me.

Jeff Hardy is back? Who's on Team Angle?
How did a bulldozer become involved?
Mark Henry is still alive, let alone still a professional wrestler?
Pudding match?

Yeah Jeff Hardy has been back about 6 months to the joy of the twelve year olds :P
Team Angle = Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin (maybe the most wasted wrestler on the planet)
It was a falls count anywhere match
Yeah Mark Henry is now a decent enforcer/goon wrestler but little else
Pudding Match = New Way for Vince to Jack off at Pay Per Views :P

#14 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

College football - Michigan

I like all sports for the most part though.

I'm here for the party

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:38 PM

I can watch any sport realistically.

The question asks favourite non-hockey sport but hockey isn't my favourite sport although nothing compares to the Stanley Cup. My favourite sports team is the Devils.

My favourite sport might be basketball but I don't think I could really choose. I am basically a sports junkie and watch all the 4 major sports and a lot of tennis when I can.
Basketball team: Toronto Raptors
Baseball team: Toronto Blue Jays
Football team: Carolina Panthers

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 June 2007 - 03:01 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#16 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

MLB: Mets
College Football: RU Scarlet Knights
NFL: Cowboys
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#17 Hellcat

Hellcat

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

Yeah Jeff Hardy has been back about 6 months to the joy of the twelve year olds :P

And some 20yr olds too! :D
Official Keeper of Rod Pelley

#18 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

Favorite : Soccer: Chelsea FC (TZ : Henry who :P cant remember him playing for arsenal this year :P)

NFL: Giants : i dont know much but when there is nothing on tv in the summer i go with the giants.

MLB: I used to like the Yankies, only because when i was first getting into metal i liked limp Bizkit, dont really follow anyone in particular, still like the Yankies and will cheer for the Mets as well, NY sport really.

NBA: Nets, just because they are in jersey, for now.

NASCAR: sucks

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#19 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

Yup..I only watch SmackDown matchs on Youtube.com, Because Raw=Crap(Cena.)Ecw=Crap.(RvD should go to Tna..) So..I guess the only decent show is Smackdown.Since Edge is my favourite wrestler..So thats GOOD :D
Posted Image

#20 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:44 PM

Favorite : Soccer: Chelsea FC (TZ : Henry who :P cant remember him playing for arsenal this year :P)

NFL: Giants : i dont know much but when there is nothing on tv in the summer i go with the giants.

MLB: I used to like the Yankies, only because when i was first getting into metal i liked limp Bizkit, dont really follow anyone in particular, still like the Yankies and will cheer for the Mets as well, NY sport really.

NBA: Nets, just because they are in jersey, for now.

NASCAR: sucks

Hahaha Pretty funny :P But..Henry wants more Older players, because this year there was lot of young players.(Fabregas,Van Persie,Éboué ect..)

Hey...Schevenko who? Ballack who :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users